[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Any Good recommendations on where to go next with gear? I made quite a few upgrades. Maligaros/Rats nest/Drillneck/20% pierce etc. Not sure what to do now.
Thanks for the guide. It is awesome. I got a question though.

You mention that frenzy charges are important (and suggest that one should invest on them by picking frenzy nodes off the skill tree, helping kraityn in a2 merciless). You also mention that bloodrage is a must and sustaining is easy.

What I fail to understand is how one can get frenzy charges with the gems you are using. True, one of the no-puncture setups, includes frenzy but even that one leaves no space for a bloodrage gem. I want to follow this guide as closely as possible but Iam hesitant to invest in frenzy charges without knowing how to get them.

Am I missing sth? Iam a total beginner with rangers.

P.S I also got a suggestion on the build (a really minor one). Silverbranch is indeed a great bow to start playing with. It dominates a1 normal and is really good act 2. However, by act 3, its clearing speed is really low compared to magic bows that one can use on that level. I would thus suggest that you added sth like "While silverbranch is good, it gets outdated quite fast and you should switch to an +%physical bow of a higher level by the time you get to a3 normal) We are talking about a few levels anyway cause at level 32 one should take the death harp anyway.
Last edited by LelosDan on Sep 14, 2015, 8:52:53 AM
@LelosDan Blood Rage grants frenzy charges.
These work great also
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Thanks for the answers. I need some clarification though.

And where should I put blood rage?

Which gem should I remove? I cannot use blood dance cause Iam already way too low on resistances.

I know that bloodrage is granting frenzy charges, what I want to know is where to put it and how to support it. One idea I had was swapping herald of ice for blood rage since I cannot use it anyway (too much mnana reserved by hatred+hoa)

Last edited by LelosDan on Sep 14, 2015, 9:41:13 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Actually, you have the point. Spending 4 point for that is too much.
But proper pathing requires just 3 points to get Poacher's Aim. And jewel socket also costs 3 nodes, so if you got good jewels, you better pick Pierce cluster.

Thank you MortalKombat3, I understand now :-).
"
warlock19 wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Actually, you have the point. Spending 4 point for that is too much.
But proper pathing requires just 3 points to get Poacher's Aim. And jewel socket also costs 3 nodes, so if you got good jewels, you better pick Pierce cluster.

Thank you MortalKombat3, I understand now :-).

Sorry, i meant "3 points to get "Piercing Shots".

"
LelosDan wrote:

Which gem should I remove? I cannot use blood dance cause Iam already way too low on resistances.

I know that bloodrage is granting frenzy charges, what I want to know is where to put it and how to support it. One idea I had was swapping herald of ice for blood rage since I cannot use it anyway (too much mnana reserved by hatred+hoa)

That's how i support it. Enhance(3) provides +4% attack speed.
And bare 25% chance to get Frenzy Charge on kill (from blood rage) builds up charges quite slowly, and sometimes misses charges even when killing enemies (due to bad luck streaks). You'll find yourself using Frenzy to build charges up quickly, and to keep them up between small packs sometimes.
With Blood Dance, you can forget about frenzy except when fighting some bosses.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 14, 2015, 11:48:00 AM
"
LelosDan wrote:

i put mine here
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Recently I've messed up a bit with HoI, CoH, Assassin's Mark instead of HoA. I find this combo generally superior except in fracture maps. That may be due to the fact that I have 4 power charges (haven't respected Alira) and a rather high crit multi. The boost to crit chance (+17.6% is not negligible) also provides great freeze utility.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Hey guys, bit of a question regarding Drillneck Tshot links,as to whats best

My Current links are Tshot, Faster attacks, GMP, pierce, PPAD, WED
Spoiler

However it seems to me that added fire adds more damage then WED

is this because of the existing T1 WED on my bow?(see spoiler)

Should I swap in added fire or should I switch up my links completely for something else?

for clarification, yes this is while running HOA and Hatred
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 15, 2015, 4:39:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info