[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Feedmenow wrote:
I'm running this build with great success in warbands, but I was wondering what my next step should be to improving my gear/build. I'm currently using the following:

While I don't have a ton of currency available to me right now, I would like to create the best setup for Atziri farming. Is Daresso's 5L the way to go? or Atziri's step? Resists are 84/71/83/-60 and 3500hp, lvl 78. Thanks!

3,5K HP is very low I think, you are gonna get melted straight away by some high dps bosses. As someone mentioned earlier, evasion character benefits the most from high HP pool. You should start first by upgrading your chest, I think it's your weakest piece of gear. You can get rare high eva/high life (at least 85-90)/triple resist leather but I would personally go for Daresso if you are using CWDT-IC. I just got it recently for 1,5 exalt with almost max HP roll and max inc amour/evasion roll, so it's not that terrible. The next step is your quiver I think, it is very defensive, it's great to have high life and maybe one resist on the quiver but the thing you want to have on it is another crit chance mod and more importantly, crit multiplier. If you can't cap the resist when you switch to Daresso and more offensive quiver, you should consider switching either boots/gloves from unique to rares, with high HP and double/triple resists. Then after you get enough currency to buy expensive jewelerry that will ensure you resist cap, you can switch back to uniques. As for boots, I am using Atziri's step because I want the higher HP pool and I'm not using frenzy skill, just blood rage but blood dance works good too. Also, Doryani's invitation is overall great belt, but again, it doesn't give you any HP. So if you get enough resist elsewhere, you should consider switching to maybe rare rustic sash with double/triple resists and at least 80 HP.

//e: If you don't use frenzy (at least use blood rage, it's great), then switch both of your boots and gloves. Go for Daresso, it's really good with IC.
Last edited by peppko2306 on Sep 7, 2015, 12:47:47 AM
"
maxan432 wrote:
What is point of reduced mana if it doesn't work with Hatred or heralds?
And also, dps of tornado shot is much lower (about 2 times), than ice shot or else. I'm 49 lvl, so perhaps it will show it's potential later?

The point is to reduce mana costs of skills. However, with current number and game meta, Reduced Mana is just a USELESS support gem.

Tornado Shot has lower paper DPS with same support (but not 2 times, more like 1.5 times) than Ice Shot, but that doesnt mean it's weaker. Ice Shot requires but just GMP, but also Chain support to be truly effective vs packs, but then it does no harm to single target.
Tornado Shot is still the best "jack of all trades" skill.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 7, 2015, 3:40:06 AM
Guys have a look at my inventory and skill tree below, let me know how can I improve my damage. Your suggestions are appreciated. I have a lvl 78 Ranger

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjCC4IiQqbDY0WvxmOH0Ej9iSdJP0mlSoLLlMwfDH6MgEylDY9OdQ6sz7PQzFKfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtVhVoaW69daGHiYlpirGyMbWxwUnDVdO1293jrfXV_An8rh3aJ04w2jX2Nv5AKlQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfoaSly6bgp9SyGbVIu-O95sFJwzPEosjcyqnN6s9602_TftQj2cbawdwV4dvjn-cK51TndOjW6xTtg-968-r8xf4d_rr-yP_e?accountName=Kratosmodegod&characterName=_xXDrowRangerXx_
"
Kratosmodegod wrote:
Guys have a look at my inventory and skill tree below, let me know how can I improve my damage. Your suggestions are appreciated. I have a lvl 78 Ranger

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjCC4IiQqbDY0WvxmOH0Ej9iSdJP0mlSoLLlMwfDH6MgEylDY9OdQ6sz7PQzFKfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtVhVoaW69daGHiYlpirGyMbWxwUnDVdO1293jrfXV_An8rh3aJ04w2jX2Nv5AKlQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfoaSly6bgp9SyGbVIu-O95sFJwzPEosjcyqnN6s9602_TftQj2cbawdwV4dvjn-cK51TndOjW6xTtg-968-r8xf4d_rr-yP_e?accountName=Kratosmodegod&characterName=_xXDrowRangerXx_

I don't think you should be having problems with your dmg output, I have way worse gear than you and I'm oneshoting some blue packs with Ice shot. There are some ways to get more dmg:

1. King of the Hill is a MUST HAVE. Big dmg increase, knockback is also very nice.
2. Switch mana flask for Atziri's promise. I don't think you should need it at your lvl, manaleech from Spirit void cluster should be more than enough for you to sustain your manapool. I would also respec Primal spirit.
3. Another dmg nodes are towards the duelist, namely Fury bolts and Art of the Gladiator.
4. Buy yourself a strong offensive gem (+% inc phys dmg, +% inc phys dmg with bows, +% inc attack speed etc. rolls) and pick up another gem slot right above the frenzy charge in the ranger area.

Your gear overall is good enough I think, maybe I would switch Doryani's for rare rustic sash with high HP. You can also craft some dmg on your quiver, amulet and ring but on the amulet I would recommend crafting some HP. The more HP, the better.

//edit: Also pick up Phase acrobatics, it's good stuff.
Last edited by peppko2306 on Sep 7, 2015, 9:54:54 AM
Hi Rangers !

I'm a new player, and for my first char, I chose to go with Nerversink's build in Tempest League, which I do not regret !
I'm lvl 63 by now, and wanted to get some answers to my numerous questions :p !

First of all, the skill setup I wanna play will be something like this :

-Tornado Shot, main damage skill : TS + GMP + PPAD + FA
-Single target skill (do we really need one ?) : Puncture + PPAD + FA + SP or Frenzy + PPAD + FA + SP
-CoH skill : SA + COH + Chain + Assassin's Mark (or maybe a defensive curse for Hardcore, like Temporal Chains)
-Blink arrow, my beloved skill (isn't it the stylest move ?) : BA + ID (+GMP ? Does it work ? I can test it now)
-Ice Golem, thanks for tanking : IG (+Minion Life)
-Immortal Call setup : CWDT + IC + ID
[A small question on IC : I understand we now need to cast Enduring Cry ourselves to gain Endurance charges so that IC can proc. So, until I find a treasure and buy Daresso's Defiance with it, I have to cast EC to refresh the Endurance charges, do I ? Then, with Daresso's Armor, I just have to kill mobs and try to evade attacks (which can be quite problematic for solo bossfight no ?)]
-Auras : Hatred for DPS, Artic Armour for sustainability.

Do you see something missing or am I good to go ?

Then, the stuff ! For now, I have those ugly pieces :

Spoiler

I know I need to change most of the things but what are the pieces to change in priority ?
I was thinking Gloves, Boot, Hood and Quiver and ofc Bow. What should I be looking for ?

And, last but not least, the skill tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B0QUtBfkILgiJCpsNjRXwGY4Z_hsBI_YknTBxMHwyATKUOkI6s0MxSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHW69daF5FYlplTXTtdct46311fwKHdo19jX6Nv5AKkvOVBZrxmyabjaEiokCm4KfUr-uyGb02vqfBScSiyNzKqc2Yz3rTftQj2cbawdwV3ajjn-cK6NbqYu2D73r0-Plj-uv8xf4d_rr-yA==

I first went for the damages nods but, since this is my first hardcore char and that I don't want to lose it, I'm heading towards more defensive ones now !

Thanks a lot for your answers and sorry for the lenght !

"
PatMacGroin wrote:
Hi Rangers !

I'm a new player, and for my first char, I chose to go with Nerversink's build in Tempest League, which I do not regret !
I'm lvl 63 by now, and wanted to get some answers to my numerous questions :p !

First of all, the skill setup I wanna play will be something like this :

-Tornado Shot, main damage skill : TS + GMP + PPAD + FA
-Single target skill (do we really need one ?) : Puncture + PPAD + FA + SP or Frenzy + PPAD + FA + SP
-CoH skill : SA + COH + Chain + Assassin's Mark (or maybe a defensive curse for Hardcore, like Temporal Chains)
-Blink arrow, my beloved skill (isn't it the stylest move ?) : BA + ID (+GMP ? Does it work ? I can test it now)
-Ice Golem, thanks for tanking : IG (+Minion Life)
-Immortal Call setup : CWDT + IC + ID
[A small question on IC : I understand we now need to cast Enduring Cry ourselves to gain Endurance charges so that IC can proc. So, until I find a treasure and buy Daresso's Defiance with it, I have to cast EC to refresh the Endurance charges, do I ? Then, with Daresso's Armor, I just have to kill mobs and try to evade attacks (which can be quite problematic for solo bossfight no ?)]
-Auras : Hatred for DPS, Artic Armour for sustainability.

Do you see something missing or am I good to go ?

Then, the stuff ! For now, I have those ugly pieces :

Spoiler

I know I need to change most of the things but what are the pieces to change in priority ?
I was thinking Gloves, Boot, Hood and Quiver and ofc Bow. What should I be looking for ?

And, last but not least, the skill tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B0QUtBfkILgiJCpsNjRXwGY4Z_hsBI_YknTBxMHwyATKUOkI6s0MxSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHW69daF5FYlplTXTtdct46311fwKHdo19jX6Nv5AKkvOVBZrxmyabjaEiokCm4KfUr-uyGb02vqfBScSiyNzKqc2Yz3rTftQj2cbawdwV3ajjn-cK6NbqYu2D73r0-Plj-uv8xf4d_rr-yA==

I first went for the damages nods but, since this is my first hardcore char and that I don't want to lose it, I'm heading towards more defensive ones now !

Thanks a lot for your answers and sorry for the lenght !

You dont need 1-target skill usually with TS, so save your links.

I've linked Ice Golem to CWDT+Minion&Totems elemental res+Fortify. Quality 20% gilem has decent life loost itself, so extra resists and fortify make him tankier, than just life boost. As for CWDT, it resummons him automatically when you take damage. Maybe, not so good in Tempest - but keep in ming other 2 support to make golem as tanky as possible - let him die instead of you :).

You can use Daresso's Defiance to gain endurace charges on kill - so you dont have to spam Enduring Cry.
The best thing you can do against bosses with hard physical damage - dont let them stay close to you. CWDT wont save against oneshots anyway. Let golem tanks instead of you, he has more HP and is expendable :).

Your tree is just a broken one. NEVER IGNORE CRIT WITH A BOW!!! Even if play hardcore, even if you bow has 5% base crit chance.

Try my tanky tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B3AMeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQzyDY0UIBa_GY4fQSF2I_Yk_SaVKgsuUzBxMHwx-jKUNZI31DnUOkI-z0MxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1WFVvpaGluvXWhfP2HiYqxlTWyMbWxvO3BSdO11y3b3d-N4DXlofXV_An8rhNmGzod2jDaNfY1-jb-VBZrxm42dqqCfpcum4KlutMW1SLXyt7a9Nr3mvqfAGsEEwTPC7MMzxFjKqdNv037UI9i92cbawd2o45_nVOpi7T_tg-4O7w7vevPq9kj8xf66_94=
I play in softcore with it, but i'm sure it will work for hardcore too.

Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 7, 2015, 4:30:15 PM
Quick Question bc. I think i don't fully get it. YOu said:

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I've linked Ice Golem to CWDT+Minion&Totems elemental res+Fortify. Quality 20% gilem has decent life loost itself, so extra resists and fortify make him tankier, than just life boost. As for CWDT, it resummons him automatically when you take damage. Maybe, not so good in Tempest - but keep in ming other 2 support to make golem as tanky as possible - let him die instead of you :).

If you are using CWDT supporting a lvl20 golem you need to take 3272 DMG to trigger for 100%. Tbh my CWDT did never trigger while taking minimal DMG. So you are only using the Golem when under heavy DMG? Thx in advance
Last edited by dMo87 on Sep 7, 2015, 6:44:55 PM

Hey guys, I think I got pretty lucky with my crafting attempt so far, this is worth multi mod right? I can't afford to do so ATM so I think I'll just craft some flat phys and blessed orb it a few times. is it worth divining to get a higher roll on the merciless mod?.
Yes you can multi mod for crit + flat phys.
As for divine, ymmv, your roll on %phys and wed are both below average so it's very tempting but divine are also expensive and you know how craft can be a bitch in this game.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
dMo87 wrote:
Quick Question bc. I think i don't fully get it. YOu said:

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

If you are using CWDT supporting a lvl20 golem you need to take 3272 DMG to trigger for 100%. Tbh my CWDT did never trigger while taking minimal DMG. So you are only using the Golem when under heavy DMG? Thx in advance

I use another, low-level, CWDT to trigger IC.
When i need to summon my golem manually, i just remove CWDT from socket, summon it, and place CWDT back. Golem stays.

Look at linked gems

"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Hey guys, I think I got pretty lucky with my crafting attempt so far, this is worth multi mod right? I can't afford to do so ATM so I think I'll just craft some flat phys and blessed orb it a few times. is it worth divining to get a higher roll on the merciless mod?.

Remove stun duration, then place multi-mod.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 8, 2015, 3:15:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info