[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
peppko2306 wrote:
How do you guys deal with high amount of physical dmg? I am talking specifically about the thing that happened to me earlier today - I was trying out the Terrace map (Sallazzang boss) and I watched the boss fight earlier so I didn't want to do the boss but then I hit another lvl just right before it so I just said to myself "meh, let's try it".

The result was that I dodged or evaded the first two or three salves that he shot at me (the suppressing fire ones I think) but then I got melted down by just one same attack (rng was not in my favour). It was a straight 4,6K HP meltdown. How am I supposed to deal with it? Would granite flasks help? I don't think it would be that helpful because of the Acrobatics penalty. Or am I supposed to just skip the high dmg burst bosses and never do them?

I started with Arctic armor. It's good direction but not even nearly enough. I'm getting LC as next step. Taste of hate is also viable option, but I'm poor (or rather I will be after vorici-linking my bow)
Burn all the orbs!
"
peppko2306 wrote:
How do you guys deal with high amount of physical dmg? I am talking specifically about the thing that happened to me earlier today - I was trying out the Terrace map (Sallazzang boss) and I watched the boss fight earlier so I didn't want to do the boss but then I hit another lvl just right before it so I just said to myself "meh, let's try it".

The result was that I dodged or evaded the first two or three salves that he shot at me (the suppressing fire ones I think) but then I got melted down by just one same attack (rng was not in my favour). It was a straight 4,6K HP meltdown. How am I supposed to deal with it? Would granite flasks help? I don't think it would be that helpful because of the Acrobatics penalty. Or am I supposed to just skip the high dmg burst bosses and never do them?

I think he has 2 different attacks, the white shot is physical, but then he has a green attack which I guess is chaos damage, it melted me too.
"
peppko2306 wrote:

It's all physical and is a barrage of tiny attacks. If you have armor it's really easy. Not mentioned in that guide, but if you have CWDT+IC it's also easy. The 1st few hits trigger IC and tank the rest of it for you. It's short enough that you don't need any charges to buff the duration; you might need an increased duration gem though (not sure, never tried without).

PS if you're having trouble with a boss; there're generally how to guides on Youtube. You can search there directly, or start in the wiki which generally has links to them.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
peppko2306 wrote:

+
+Vaal Grace+ DONT stay close to him.
If you cant kill him in 10 seconds, dont even try.

Same with all bosses who deal massive physical damage - DONT stay close to them.

"
skuadak wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I just were playing with Panin's fix to your tree, if I were to do it for myself I'd do it totaly different way (actually I did, it's in my profile). Seriously, you can fix stat issues by jewels or +30 nodes. Going 100 miles west picking all these +10 doesm't make any sense. Neither do heading straight for the hp circle while you left so many juicy eva/hp nodes near you.

As for Acc, matter of prefferences I pressume. I have crit almost capped too btw.

I dont think your pathing is optimal, i also doubt you need passives like "cloth and chain".
However, since you use Vaal Pact, you wont benefit from massive life regen provided by my path.

Personally, i like life regen very much. It very useful at kiting, and it ensure you'll have full HP pool no matter what. Vaal Pact may look cool, but actually, drawback is very harsh. You WANT to use blood rage, and with Vaal Pact, it means not just no regen, but also a contant HP degen.
I dont facetank enemies usually anyway, and if i have to do it, i can use flasks to instantly recover HP. I can even run physreflect maps with LA, having no life leech at all (just life regen).

It was stated many and many times - evasion character benefits THE MOST from massive HP pool. That's why i put so many efforts for getting that "massive HP pool". Because with it, evasion character is so great!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 5, 2015, 3:50:16 AM
Hey guys,

I'm stuck with a decision.

a) I have only 5-10 hours per week available to me for playing POE.
b) I love crit builds and the clear speed of TS.
c) I have a poison arrow MF character that farms maps well, but is not quite as enjoyable as I thought.

Question: Would you recommend leveling up a TS ranger and leaving my farming bitch aside? Do you guys all have an mf character next to this one? Or do you just run this char and accept that maybe drops are worse or more infrequent?

Thanks in advance
"
Summoner wrote:
"
peppko2306 wrote:

It's all physical and is a barrage of tiny attacks. If you have armor it's really easy. Not mentioned in that guide, but if you have CWDT+IC it's also easy. The 1st few hits trigger IC and tank the rest of it for you. It's short enough that you don't need any charges to buff the duration; you might need an increased duration gem though (not sure, never tried without).

PS if you're having trouble with a boss; there're generally how to guides on Youtube. You can search there directly, or start in the wiki which generally has links to them.

The thing is, I am using CWDT+IC+ID. The attack just ripped right through me, IC didn't even cast (I don't know why), I was just instantly dead.

Thanks for all advice guys, I'll be switching to Daresso as soon as I get some better rings/amulet so I can cap the resists elsewhere. When I lvl up my Enlighten, I'll even try Arctic armour, see if that helps.

"
ben_hure wrote:
Hey guys,

c) I have a poison arrow MF character that farms maps well, but is not quite as enjoyable as I thought.

Question: Would you recommend leveling up a TS ranger and leaving my farming bitch aside? Do you guys all have an mf character next to this one? Or do you just run this char and accept that maybe drops are worse or more infrequent?

Thanks in advance

You can always set up a new char, lvl up with it, have fun and when things get boring, you can go back to your old char. I personally enjoy the leveling process the most, when things get to lvl 75-80 it's starting to get boring for me. Even though you don't have much time for the game, I think it's good to try out a few builds, see what playstyle you enjoy the most and then commiting to one char.
Last edited by peppko2306 on Sep 5, 2015, 7:19:44 AM
"
ben_hure wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance

I dont have MF farming character, playing with my only character in Warbands, and i still was able to get great gear for him (355 PDPS/8.7 crit bow, 6-L Daresso, etc). Without flipping, etc, just with selling some good drops and farming currency. Also, leveled him to 91 and planning to get even higher lvls.
A bit of MF will be useful for farming, sure, but you can do well even without it.
TS build isnt actually expensive. You can make it quite powerful even with budget gear (most expensive pieces will be 5-link Daresso for 1 exa and decent bow for 0.5-1 exa, rest gear total will be 0.5-1 exa, so full gear will cost you 2-3 exa. And with that you'll be able to clear most maps quickly and without deaths.
You can even respec your PA ranger into TS...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 5, 2015, 7:19:48 AM
Hello. Can u tell me the 3 / 4 L setup. Currently I'm running Split/RoA + Added Cold + PPAD and IS + LMP. What's the best setup for 3/4L. Ty in Advance. I got tornado shot, but still missing Pierce and Puncture. Leveling chain and Frenzy. I find Ice golem very useful. Gonna see how this build works on merc level. Currently on cruel a1 and it's fine. I'm using Death's Harp Death bow and i dont think im gonna find better soon.
IGN: Chichotka
Last edited by Exathil on Sep 5, 2015, 9:34:14 AM
"
peppko2306 wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:
"
peppko2306 wrote:

The thing is, I am using CWDT+IC+ID. The attack just ripped right through me, IC didn't even cast (I don't know why), I was just instantly dead.

Thanks for all advice guys, I'll be switching to Daresso as soon as I get some better rings/amulet so I can cap the resists elsewhere. When I lvl up my Enlighten, I'll even try Arctic armour, see if that helps.

IC has a 3 second cooldown. If it didn't proc, you must've gotten hit hard by something else too recently. Using IC you still need to dodge most of the incoming, it's there to tank when you screw up and are hit anyway; which is why I called it only easy vs high armor letting you facetank it.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
still super new to path of exile and was trying this build!!!

I have come to the problem of not having enough int requirement to use assassin's mark and puncture

im lvl 31 and i have 14 int, i have looked through the items and skill tree for the build and haven't seen anything that increases my int to at least 45 to use assassin's mark lvl 3, i'm not sure if im overlooking something or that i get more int as i lvl up

Any responce would be appreciated

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info