[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I used TS in 1.3 and didn't need a single target attack.
Split arrow chain is very strong in 2.0. I switched to SA and frenzy single target.
Much faster clear speed.
I also use herald of ice curse on hit assassin's mark for power charges,no delay between killing mobs. It's 6% less dps than herald of ash, 55k instead of 58k with charges.
Works really well for me,you could try it. Check my gear for links.
What items should i change soon? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kilpsz/characters

that cost less than an exalt.(don't mind +exalt suggestion either though)

Please suggest what gems i should be running as well.
Last edited by Kilpsz on Aug 18, 2015, 5:43:03 PM
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Split arrow chain is very strong in 2.0. I switched to SA and frenzy single target.
Much faster clear speed.
I also use herald of ice curse on hit assassin's mark for power charges,no delay between killing mobs. It's 6% less dps than herald of ash, 55k instead of 58k with charges.

Thanks a lot Psofos i think i will try your setup for frenzy and SA but i only have a 5l for split arrow which gem would you ditch ?
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Much faster clear speed.

Interesting.

do you know why he put slower projectiles on frenzy? why not faster proj?

dont get it
You need to try and see what gems fit you,whatever gives you most and balanced between phys and elemental dps. Be sure you can survive random reflect mobs though if you don't have acuity or vaal pact.
Phys to lightning is nice to lower the physical part of dps.
As for slower projectiles it gives a "more" multiplier which is huge.
That's why.
I personally don't like it but it works well.
So I want to mirror the bow on warbands (450 dps), but I don't want to make the mistake of incorrectly mirroring bad colors. I was under the impression 4g1r1b was the way to go for split/tornado shot. What seems to be the best split up of damage? Is it worth running phys to lightning wed over crit dmg/added fire?

I see what you've done psofos...another red for wed instead of faster attacks. I've considered the options but it's hard for me to make a decision. Any help here? I have acuities I got that dropped from uber which is why I want to try this, so I'll be using those.
Last edited by B2rad on Aug 18, 2015, 10:16:52 PM
Well if you have the gloves,my setup has no problem with reflect mobs. Not talking about reflect maps,be carefull. Physical reflect,elemental reflect mob,i might lose 1k-1.5k life depending on map mods. Most times i 2shot them and evade reflect though.
No reason to half your leech with physical to lightning.
Crit damage gives the most dps.
I don't like faster attacks cause of more mana per sec draining.
The setup i use gives me the most dps and leech.
Just my 2 cents.
So do you think 4g1r1b would be fine then and add in slower proj for single targ? I'll put frenzy in there and then your setup with 3g2r1b in my chest?
Yeah,i think that sounds nice for frenzy. Since you have another 6 link you can recolour,you can't go wrong with GGGGRB.
Congrats on the insane warbands gear.
You shouldnt underestimate pure physical setup too.
I mean, GGGGGB setup - (TS+GMP)/(SA+Chain), PPAD, SP, FA, ICS/ICD
ICS = Increased Critical Strikes, ICD = Increased Critical Damage

Although is shows less "tooltip DPS" than elemental setup (PTL/WED), it deals mainly physical damage. All your life/mana leech is based upon physical damage (so you dont need to stack them a lot), and enemies cant resist physical damage (unlike elemental), so your real DPS can be even higher (and it wil be much more consistent).
ICD usually provides higher DPS increase over ICS, but you shouldnt underestimate ICS - higher critical strike chance makes your DPS far more consistent (often resulting is higher clearing speeds), and allows to freeze/knockback enemies more often.
You can also put PTL gem to deal elemental damage and shocks, to clear areas without elemental resistance rapidly. It has just a bit less DPS, but when you face an area with elemental/status resistance, you can always switch to pure physical.

However, this setup cant be used for 1-target Frenzy (without Drillneck, at least). For 1-target, pure physical setup will be GGGGBB.

"
Kezz123 wrote:
Need advice. I didnt read all the 300+ pages so im sorry if its been covered before.

Whats the best setup for someone with 2 5L? I have a 5L armor and a 5L bow with tons of phys damage.

I was running TS on bow and I already levelled lightning arrow, ice shot, puncture and frenzy just in case.

Currently I use TS for single and group along with blood rage so I dont feel like using frenzy is ever needed. I also dont see a huge difference in damage between frenzy/puncture vs TS

I also use a SA + COH + Chain + Ass mark curse on hit setup.

basically, just debating what to add to my chest 5L which I just got.

Maybe I should swap TS to a better group clearing ability and add a single target 5L in chest? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, any recommendations for jewels? Do you guys suggest using the unique jewel that adds chances to pierce or just go yellow with damage and stuff?

You can curse enemies automatically, using Herald of Ice (HoI). Link Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark to HoI. Ensure you have both HoI and Hatred up (HoI wont work without Hatred), shoot a pack of enemies, shatter them with crit and enjoy free power charges pop-up. HoI exposions also add you your clearing speed.
And if you want to have more free mana, link HoI+CoH+AM+Hatred+Enlighten in your 5-link. Alternatively, you can use HoI+CoH+AM+Frenzy setup - you may still need that to keep frenzy charges in a boss fight and curse boss at the same time. Or use SA+Chain+CoH+AM+HoI in 5-link for both manual and automatic cursing.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 19, 2015, 2:25:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info