[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Ludak021 wrote:
"
skuadak wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
This build cannot do reflect maps. Not safely anyway. I always avoid them. Random reflect mobs die and i don't even notice. I don't do any kind of reflect map even with acuity. It's insta death even with 5.2k life.

I'm pretty sure you can do ele reflect maps perfectly fine, just turn heralds off and put whatever in place of added fire and wed (iiq, stun, lgoh, whatever). With your bow it wouldn't even slow your clear speed this much.

Nah, he'd off himself. I removed added fire and I have a bit less damage then he does, I don't think that turning Heralds off would change that much, maybe if replaced by purity of <insert element that you do most damage with, likely cold>.

I might be wrong though. Are you sure that secundary herald's procs even reflect back at player? Sure, primary hit with added fire dmg does, but after that?

Also, there is that other guide made by some dude with mirrored glyph mark, he was running IR before patch 2.0, had almost zero problems with reflect now he offs himself. I think he said he tried using just TS+GMP and still offed himself on reflect.
It was his finding that vaal pact/accuty (*he uses accuty) doesn't work like before and that that is the reason. I also played this char before patch 2.0 and did reflect maps with LL gem in bow, care a bit and you are fine. Heck I even used physical dmg setup and I have like zero armor and 3 E. Charges which is a joke and still I didn't die.

I meant only elemental reflect. If you turn off all sources of elemental dmg there's nothing to be reflected (and multiplied by +% ele dmg with weapons too). I'm sure of that (100%, I did such map, no issues)
Phys is another story, on maps it's no-no, yet I didn't die on it in 2.0 even once(mayby once or twice at begging) so I dare to say I could manage this for my setup more or less.

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Aug 8, 2015, 10:36:26 PM
I'm 100% sure you are right,nothing to be reflected this way.
Will do a test when i get off work just for curiosity how much my dps drops without any sort of elemental damage. I bet it's more than half.
"
skuadak wrote:

I meant only elemental reflect. If you turn off all sources of elemental dmg there's nothing to be reflected (and multiplied by +% ele dmg with weapons too). I'm sure of that (100%, I did such map, no issues)
Phys is another story, on maps it's no-no, yet I didn't die on it in 2.0 even once(mayby once or twice at begging) so I dare to say I could manage this for my setup more or less.

well yes, I understood that, but I came back after a while and was pretty confident that with capped resistances and LL gem instead added fire I could do ele reflect map but I offed myself with one or two shots even tho I had like half physical half elemental dmg split. I then proceeded to finish that damn daily quest by using my SA+CoH+Chain+A.Mark. (my curse setup) and puncture, didn't even bother to turn on auras so I was all physical dmg and yes, that works tho it's not as fast as it would be if I wasn't lazy to change gems in my 6L bow :P Oh well.
But it bugs me that I used to be able to run this ele setup and do ele reflect maps. I guess I had a bit less damage or something, I don't know. It's either that or that theory that other guy has - Leech mechanic has changed (apart from what patch notes said) and that reflect damage isn't applied to leech pool first and to health pool after that.
I mean, that dude is using a bow for mass destruction and since 2.0 he can't deal with reflect, but could before, and he changed nothing...
idk...

"
PsOfOs wrote:
I'm 100% sure you are right,nothing to be reflected this way.
Will do a test when i get off work just for curiosity how much my dps drops without any sort of elemental damage. I bet it's more than half.

It won't be half, you will put pcoc or chd gem instead of PtL, that's something...Don't know about the red socket, nothing bow physical related for that color...only LL or empower maybe?
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Aug 8, 2015, 10:54:31 PM
I don't play with PTL, only one blue crit dmg gem. It will be a 4link without power charges setup now that i think about it so not much of a test.
I've been avoiding too much ele dmg on purpose, so it's easy in my case, but if it was this bothersome I wouldn't do it too frankly speaking.
Burn all the orbs!
I can run ele maps pretty easily by just swapping in SA for IS, and turning off my Auras.(I play Ice Shot).

Physical reflect is pretty easy if you swap out a gem for PTL. Problem is, you have to have the sockets or the setup to swap out a blue gem, which shouldnt be a problem at 5/6l. I currently dont run one on IC atm, still using a 5l, working on linking a 6, and my bow hasnt been 5l yet, but a blue gem will be my slot solely to give me some options when it comes to reflect. I can use a rarity gem for easy maps, pcoc for normal mapping, and ptl for phys reflect maps.

Also, I have a question. I'm torn on whether I should yolo exalt my crafted bow, or just save my exalts. With exalts being a million chaos and such on Warbands, its hard to just throw them away when I seem to have zero issues clearing as is. Here is the bow:

Spoiler

The dps is actually low, but its hard to quantify exactly what kind of upgrade I need since I got such a large crit and multi roll. I could yolo 2 exalts on it and pray for more RNG luck, or just save those 2 and work towards a big bow. I have quite a bit of currency for upgrades atm. I kill things so fast anyways with 65.7% crit that it doesnt really seem that necessary to throw away 20 exalts on a new bow. So, should I just yolo it? Hope for a split mod or attack speed? OR any damage for that matter.
Last edited by Destructodave on Aug 8, 2015, 11:37:40 PM
But IS is physical+cold dmg on first target then it converts that damage to AOE cold damage to everything behind?! All that cold damage get's amplified by support gems. Why even swap SA which is pure physical? You would have even less problems since you would do even less elemental damage (basically none?!) Or did you mean the other way around? You remove IS and put SA for ele reflect?

as for your bow, what do you expect to get? You already have all the stuff that you need. You could remove that physical craft and add that 2EX crafted modes option and then add physical again and add IAS, but idk if there is enough room for both of those (I am not very good with affixes/suffixes :) ) Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with your bow. IAS is not that important since you mostly one shot things anyway... :)

PS. DPS is good, attack speed is making it appear bad but damage PER SHOT is good and IAS won't make that damage higher. If you want a bow with higher range of damage then don't do anything to that bow, craft another or buy another. You can hardly increase damage on it (dps yes, if you get IAS but all that does is spend your mana faster)

PPS. If you don't have at least 5 PCoC charges in build don't bother with it. Just put crit chance gem, that's like having 3 charges all the time. But with that bow and it's base crit chance you would be better of putting critical damage, you have enough crit chance in nodes and in jewelry (if you don't, get it there). I have similar base crit chance and I am sitting at ~68% crit chance without charges or chc gem. Better make sure you have ~2500 accuracy.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
Last edited by Ludak021 on Aug 9, 2015, 12:34:35 AM
"
Ludak021 wrote:
But IS is physical dmg on first target then it converts that damage to 50% physical and 50% AOE cold damage. All that cold damage get's amplified by support gems. Why even swap SA which is pure physical? You would have even less problems since you would do even less elemental damage (basically none?!)

as for your bow, what do you expect to get? You already have all the stuff that you need. You could remove that physical craft and add crafted modes and then add physical again and add IAS, but idk if there is enough room for both of those (I am not very good with affixes/suffixes :) ) Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with your bow. IAS is not that important since you mostly one shot things anyway... :)

I can't. As another guy pointed out when I first crafted it, the crit mods are suffixes, and the multimod is a suffix, so I cannot get Attack speed. Basically, I would be exalting for a split phys mod, attack speed, or even high elemental damage. Hell, even a resist prob. wouldnt be terrible, or +gems. Anyways, with exalts being so expensive, I'm reluctant to throw 2 away when I dont need the dmg.

Well, I ran one elemental reflect map early on and blew myself up on the first shot, and from that point on, I stopped using Ice shot on reflect maps, and just stuck my SA from my curse in there and used it. It could be the chain, but even then its not worth the trouble when my SA does pretty decent dmg just swapping it in.

All i know is during my playing, I can 1-shot myself on a pack of mobs with Ice shot with either map reflect unless I modify my build in some form. I die on phys maps, and I die on ele maps. Ele seems even worse then phys. Its pretty annoying, tbh. But I like Ice shot, so I stick with it.

Edit: To your PS. Yea, I'm actually more worried about the mana cost of a 6l Ice shot, is why I was leaning towards the cheaper blue sockets. I was going to level all 3 and see which I preferred. I have 2800 accuracy, and 65.74% crit. I've been leveling an enlighten in my offhand, its about 30% to lvl 3. Honestly, though, its more for the ability to do reflect maps that I even need a 6l. I destroy trash mobs with 5l ice shot well enough, and i think my biggest increase in clear speed will come when I link my bow to at least 5 so I can burn down bosses faster with single targets.
Last edited by Destructodave on Aug 9, 2015, 12:36:50 AM
If we're voting, I vote for keeping flat phys as it is and double yolex.
Burn all the orbs!
yea that is ok. If you had diamond rings you would have even more crit, but 65% is plenty. Only place I like more is on puncture because you want to fire it and not think about if it was a crit or not so I put CHC gem in there.

AS for bow, I wouldn't mess with it. Maybe physical % is already a double roll, low tier double roll. Idk, ask experts :)

You shouldn't have mana problems with 6L if you have ~1% mana leech and those leech speed nodes. As long as you are criting and doing enough physical you will be getting up to 30 mana back easily with every shot. If you go overboard with AS, then idk if leech rate is going to be enough to keep up. No mana = no damage so... :)

PS. If we are voting - sell 2 ex for fusings and get 5L at least :P that will be a bigger damage boost :)
Last edited by Ludak021 on Aug 9, 2015, 12:44:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info