[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
PsOfOs wrote:
This build cannot do reflect maps. Not safely anyway. I always avoid them. Random reflect mobs die and i don't even notice. I don't do any kind of reflect map even with acuity. It's insta death even with 5.2k life.

I'm pretty sure you can do ele reflect maps perfectly fine, just turn heralds off and put whatever in place of added fire and wed (iiq, stun, lgoh, whatever). With your bow it wouldn't even slow your clear speed this much.
Burn all the orbs!
Yeah,i suppose i could do them. But in general,people depend on auras and ele gems in this build to do high dps.Not everyone has a high phys bow or instant leech. I would suggest to avoid them if pure phys dps is not high enough for easy map clear.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Telrex wrote:
Spoiler
I testing using Split Arrow instead of TS, and I'm really liking it. It feels like it clears much faster. However, I need a single target attack if I go with SA. How should I set up my other gems? This was my setup with TS:

Armor: 5L TS - GMP - PPAD - FA - LL/WED
Bow: 4L SA - Chain - CoH - Ass Mark
Boots: 4L CwDT - IC - Enfeeble - Inc Duration
Helm: 3L Vaal Grace - Blood Rage - Inc Duration + Herald of Ash
Gloves: Blink Arrow, Ice Golem, Hatred, Enduring Cry

For my single target I would use Frenzy in my bow (and perhaps try to 5 link it). I run out of room for my CoH shot. I thought of a possible Coh setup with Herald of Ice, but if I use 3 link HoI - CoH - Ass Mark I have 2 gems left over that I don't have room for. I could 6S my bow for now, but that won't help me when I eventually upgrade and 6 link both my attacks. How do you guys that use two attack skills set up your gems?

EDIT: Guys the skilltrees aren't working because poedb.tw is down. Click the link then copy the jumble of letters after "cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/", then open up this site's skill tree and paste those letters at the end of the URL.

Split arrow on 6l bow,puncture on chest herald curse on hit on boots,hatred golem minion life on helm and a cwdt setup on gloves because i have nothing to fit there. Could fit vaal gems if needed. What else would you need?
You can't use two heralds and hatred so it's all easy to fit.

I like Increased Duration with Vaal Grace, it increases mine from 6 seconds to 9.72 seconds. I guess I could lose that if I had to. I think I'll do [CwDT - IC - Enfeeble - ID], [HoI - CoH - curse + Blood Rage], and [Blink Arrow + Hatred + Ice Golem + Vaal Grace]. I can switch to Daresso's chest so I don't need manual EC.
Are there any jewels you guys recommend? I'm level 85 and using no jewels. I'm capped at resists, so that is not needed.
"
skuadak wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
This build cannot do reflect maps. Not safely anyway. I always avoid them. Random reflect mobs die and i don't even notice. I don't do any kind of reflect map even with acuity. It's insta death even with 5.2k life.

I'm pretty sure you can do ele reflect maps perfectly fine, just turn heralds off and put whatever in place of added fire and wed (iiq, stun, lgoh, whatever). With your bow it wouldn't even slow your clear speed this much.

Nah, he'd off himself. I removed added fire and I have a bit less damage then he does, I don't think that turning Heralds off would change that much, maybe if replaced by purity of <insert element that you do most damage with, likely cold>.

I might be wrong though. Are you sure that secundary herald's procs even reflect back at player? Sure, primary hit with added fire dmg does, but after that?

Also, there is that other guide made by some dude with mirrored glyph mark, he was running IR before patch 2.0, had almost zero problems with reflect now he offs himself. I think he said he tried using just TS+GMP and still offed himself on reflect.
It was his finding that vaal pact/accuty (*he uses accuty) doesn't work like before and that that is the reason. I also played this char before patch 2.0 and did reflect maps with LL gem in bow, care a bit and you are fine. Heck I even used physical dmg setup and I have like zero armor and 3 E. Charges which is a joke and still I didn't die.

PS. Pure phys DPS, although it shows less on tooltip it does more damage since it's true damage and mobs don't really have armor that can mitigate 100K+ crits....on th e other hand, they do have elemental resistances that do flat mitigation. The sole reason I am doing ele setup for TS is to not die to phys reflect packs, and to not have to care about them at all. Sure, I could work around them, use, say, some 5L or even 4L ele setup to down them but I am too lazy to do that :)

Also, here is that other thread that I talked about:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1095484

look at his 2.0 theory crafting...
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Aug 8, 2015, 10:12:15 PM
Which clears maps faster? This or Split Arrow?
IGN: DabrixRN
it's different and it depends on the map. You can use either, but with strong bows split arrow could hit some reflect or thorns off screen. You have more control with TS + you can use it for single targets and packs. SA is only for packs, the larger the better.
If, say just for the sake of it, we take something like The Ledge, Split arrow would be faster, but not much faster if you are skilled with both SA and TS.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
Thomasmgp wrote:

I just switched from TS to SA and I noticed a massive increase in my map clear speed. At a little below 10k damage with auras/without charges.
Last edited by Telrex on Aug 8, 2015, 10:18:39 PM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:

If you have the dps split arrow is faster room clearing,even off screen.1 shot and packs die. Ts is better for nuking single target.
Didn't they just remove reflect recently? Except from single rares and reflect maps i don't think reflect packs exist in 2.0
Thornflesh is gone,reflect is not an aura so i wouldn't worry too much. Or am i wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info