[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

hello everyone .

I play this build since 15 days now and I Just want to thank's all who participate in the creation of this template and neversink's ofc I really appreciate to play with this one .

( sorry for my english )

awesome guide bro, im level 40 and its really fun
So did the RM change completely kill this build or
In beta so far, the major differences I've noticed are the one to Ondar's Guile and the CWDT/EC/IC changes. Sure you can just use CWDT/IC but I've noticed a lot of incoming damage in beta that I never really saw until super high levels previously. This build was pretty untouchable prior to patch, but it feels more squishy in beta. I'll admit it was pretty OP before though if you had the gear and still is a great build, but HC will be a lot harder.
"
indirect wrote:

No, Just going to end up running Herald of fire and hatred, and lose herald of ice.

"
indirect wrote:

Not at all! As it now stands you will lose one herald which sucks but it's not build breaking. There's no need for 109 Strength anymore which means you have more possibilities in gear upgrades and passive choices.
I'm going to try triple herald on the beta. I do like the herald of thunder/assassin mark combo even if the int requirement is high.

I will also play around with Charisma to see if the old auras will work. Charisma is one node less to reach in the beta talent tree.
I've tweaked the build a little bit. Tried out Split Arrow - chain - Curse on Hit - assassin's mark and it was okay. Switched it over to Lightning Arrow - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark - LMP and wow. Shock spreads and assassin mark does a good job at blanketing quite a few mobs. I 2 shot a rare mob this way. Going to mess around with other combinations.

Build in terms of damage is still quite good but yes survivability will come down to being more gear dependent. Hatred + Ash work fine together. If you grabbed an Alpha's or some mana reduction in the tree you could probably squeeze something else in.

Running Ice Golem with Health + LMP + Reduced Mana.

Anyways just my two cents.

**edit**

Also Dex/Str seems to be absolutely no issue. I am around 300ish Dex and 200ish Str. Int is around 70-80. Having a jewel that transfers Dex to Int wouldn't be bad. Also taking advantage of frenzy charges with the buff are extremely exciting.
Last edited by Vodkawater on May 8, 2015, 3:21:57 PM
"
Tallion99 wrote:

setup with my final gear now at level 88... remaining points will go into crit

Evade chance: 45%
Crit chance: 52.1%
Crit mult: 479%
mana leech: 6%
life leech: 1%
HP: 4635
TS DPS: 18.3k
Puncture (trap): 12.5k (lmp): 20.8k

Level 88 Gear

Level 91 now. just did back to back runs of Atziri. success both times... barely...
have a hard time sniping one of the 4 bosses...

having move on my left click was a must for me. I did put Puncture in the 6L and TS in the 5L for the boss fight. i think it helped me... Puncture 6L was at about 35k.

Most of the time my secondary shot is Ice Shot... it has grown on me and seems to work great for helping out with the clearing...

NeverSink, thanks for the amazing guide! from day 1 it has been a blast to play!

"
Aziah wrote:

I ran this map where at the end the boss was a spider boss in a little tiny room and the entire room was full of yellow spiders and the boss and there was literally no room to move what so ever. On top of it all they are flick strike they just one shot me over and over.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I believe you're talking about the Jungle Valley map boss. This boss does a ton of chaos damage; I recommend that you skip this boss unless your DPS is very high and/or you have high chaos resist.

If you really want to do that boss, bring an amethyst flask, pop it when the boss appears, and do full-out DPS on the boss. With luck, you'll kill it before it kills you... maybe.

"
Aziah wrote:

Then the boss in the corrupt maps who does the cyclone he just charges at me and one shots me. normally i can dodge him but desync is desync.

Yeah, just dodge that boss while sniping him from afar. And yes, if you desync, you're in trouble.

"
Aziah wrote:

And the last set of mobs i cant deal with and run away like a little girl is the yellow lighting mobs that shoot out that ball of lighting in all directions. I dodge the balls of light. but some how still manage to take so much damage.

Not sure what mobs this refers to. Do you mean rare mobs with the "Storm Herald" affix?

At any rate, it sounds like you might be getting shocked. Remove the shock debuff with a flask with the "grounding" affix. Or if the map has shocking ground I'll equip Fairgraves' Tricorne.

"
Aziah wrote:

Is it possible to do tornado shot build with armor instead of evasion? it seems like it would make it stronger than an evasion based build

Evasion is a very effective form of mitigation and goes well with dexterity-based specs.

High armor works well too, but is strength-based (high strength requirement on gear means it will be very difficult to roll green gem slots); also, you'd want to equip a shield (not possible with bow builds).

Finally, all the nice +armor and +block nodes you'd want to take won't be located close enough to the nodes you'll be taking for your bow build.

In short, armor is not a good choice for physical mitigation for bow-based builds.
Last edited by hankinsohl on May 9, 2015, 3:29:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info