[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
NeverSink wrote:
Just a short heads up:

I've tested all kind of builds in beta (with bows):

-Ice Shot builds
-Lightning arrow builds
-Tons of tornado shot setups
-Split arrow setup

most of them are viable, some of them are downright crazy strong.

Right now I'm playing with a windripper in closed beta (cheers to CritSpear for selling it to me cheap for testing). I really like the way it works and I'll include it into the 2.0 update
You rock, man! :)
What do people use for lvling until they get tornado shot? I'm conna be playing the new 1 month race.
"
Leoho wrote:
What do people use for lvling until they get tornado shot? I'm conna be playing the new 1 month race.

Split Arrow and Ice Shot are pretty strong. I used them till TS. Ice Shot works against mobs and single target but Split Arrow can kill off screen so I just use both.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
What is the price of tornado shoot?
(The highest and lowest one)
I cant get it via quest because am on act 3 miraceless
And am unlucky because i don't drop that gem yet.
Hi!
How should I go about uprading gear? I'm currently lvl 77. Got Lioneye's Glare and Drillneck, and I also use Lioneye's Paws for the 50 strength. I'd like to change my helmet to Rat's Nest and gloves to Maligaro's, but I have a triple res + life circlet and double 40% res + life gloves.

I could try to find some boots with resists and ms, and no life because that's out of budget, but that still leaves me with a lot of resists to make up for.

Should I just aim for e.g. Rat's Nest, and buy gear to compensate just for that change, or should I calculate what jewellery I need for upgrading both gloves and helmet, and save up for that? I'm a bit lost.

//edit: Okay nevermind just got rid of all my currency and did both
Last edited by Jimmy_Jazz on May 6, 2015, 7:00:20 PM
"
Dawbra wrote:
What is the price of tornado shoot?
(The highest and lowest one)
I cant get it via quest because am on act 3 miraceless
And am unlucky because i don't drop that gem yet.

You get it from a Quest Reward for free on the way

But it's probably 1c or less
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I am level 75 loving this build but im finding everything is so easy to clear through then all of a sudden some bosses just one shot me so easy.

I ran this map where at the end the boss was a spider boss in a little tiny room and the entire room was full of yellow spiders and the boss and there was literally no room to move what so ever. On top of it all they are flick strike they just one shot me over and over.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Then the boss in the corrupt maps who does the cyclone he just charges at me and one shots me. normally i can dodge him but desync is desync.

And the last set of mobs i cant deal with and run away like a little girl is the yellow lighting mobs that shoot out that ball of lighting in all directions. I dodge the balls of light. but some how still manage to take so much damage.

Please any tips anyone

Is it possible to do tornado shot build with armor instead of evasion? it seems like it would make it stronger than an evasion based build
Last edited by Aziah on May 7, 2015, 12:02:55 PM
Well after playing the beta for a while and playing with TS (I only have a 4 link) yet I did craft a great decimation bow with 101-240 and 8.4% CSC I have noted also that whats really strong is the new ice bite gem. I only have a 4 link and have done a lot of gem rotations yet I find due to my bows base attack speed of 1.2 that TS>GMP>Ice Bite>FA works so nice. PPAD slows down my TS too much even though its a slightly higher damage on the paper dps I find since my crit chance is close to 50% with ice golem up that the faster attack gem works much better. If I can get an item to 5 link I think a crit chance gem would really rape most content. The issue, however, is reflect. It hurts and TSing at high speeds is very dangerous when you hit a reflect pack when you are in the 300+ crat damage multiplier. Love the Beta yet will have to do a lot of thinking before releasing this build into a HC character. It will almost be required to run lightning coil or maybe that one newer unique ring yet I love ice bite for the frenzy charges. I now need to invest a few points in the tree on frenzy to see whats possible.
Wall of text ;).

structure your message please!
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
So it seems like they changed most of the base crit from bows to 6% / 6.5% which is a great change imo. It makes harbingers less mandatory end game.
Last edited by dEus__ on May 7, 2015, 9:57:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info