2.0 Universal Shadow crit CI flicker strike build - Flicker is not dead!!!

i'm starting to wonder, HoI or HoA. With hoi you get a 15% increased to cold damage where it also adds to your hatred dmg, making the cold damage better and freezing mobs. But with HoA i will get more tooltip dps and able to ignite as overkill dmg...any suggestions which one will be better? hmm..
"
Do you think CI, flickering is viable for bloodlines? I'm really bored with my current builds and some people say Ci sucks in bloodlines. Just wanted your opinion.

Unfortunately, I haven't played on Bloodlines(

"
AnassAfadass wrote:
can you do the skill tree by every 10 or so points? it is kind of confusing for a person like me

Sorry, mate, but I think it's useless. I described leveling logic, and before lvl 50 game is sooo easy and you can level up with almost any skills.

"
Cryptography wrote:
Hi, complete newbie here. Thanks for the build! I was wondering though, you picked up a node in [Ghost Reaver] but I don't see where you get the life steal/life leech from.

I might have missed it in the gear, but can you explain how your build sustains itself?

Thanks so much!

Blood Rage skill, bro :)

"
i'm starting to wonder, HoI or HoA. With hoi you get a 15% increased to cold damage where it also adds to your hatred dmg, making the cold damage better and freezing mobs. But with HoA i will get more tooltip dps and able to ignite as overkill dmg...any suggestions which one will be better? hmm..

Ash is definetly better. 20% from Physical is much more, then 15% from cold :) Hatred makes you freeze mobs on crit.
Last edited by BOOMbastik_RUS on Dec 27, 2014, 3:50:57 AM
Made some update to the build:

1) Placed new Physical to Lightning gem instead of IcD for Slicker Strike. Helps a lot against Phys-reflect for a prece of some DPS.

2) Thinking about changing Frenzy to Lightning strike for the same reason - on 75+ maps phys-reflect became a real issue..

In general after 1.3 block nerf I do not still feel as safe as before on high-level maps (for maps below 75 everything is still OK). Didn't even thought about going to Atziri yet... Low block + no armour + moderate evasion made me think about modification of the build itself.

Maybe, I'll try to make in life-based (with blood dance boots), take high-evasion shield, The Vertex for evasion and chaos resists (or Rat's Nest). Maximize block (make it at least 50%) and take acrobatics. Any thoughts on that?
hmm yea, but sometimes feels like ash overkill ignite takes time to burn mobs and the aoe isn't that big...while ice gives instant burst 200-300 cold dmg. I'll do more run and compare them. we'll see.
WTB List: - Shrubbery, only the best!; Mirror - wooden frame - 90x50cm
Last edited by SchwarzeSonne on Dec 28, 2014, 6:21:13 PM
Quick question, maybe I'm missing something here but is Vaal Pact absolutely essential for this build? I've gotten up to 69 on my flicker CI shadow and it's been smooth sailing so far (except of course for desync).

The path to VP seems a bit out of the way to me.
"
DuckSaus wrote:
Quick question, maybe I'm missing something here but is Vaal Pact absolutely essential for this build? I've gotten up to 69 on my flicker CI shadow and it's been smooth sailing so far (except of course for desync).

The path to VP seems a bit out of the way to me.

It's worth it if you don't have access to acuity. Allows you to do reflect/double reflect map mods no trouble. Think of it as a massive survivability increase.
IGN: Flickerdart
just a little question? how many chroms did it approximatly take to get 4R on the chest?
"
Sh0ts_Fired wrote:
just a little question? how many chroms did it approximatly take to get 4R on the chest?

Hm, arround 400-600 i guess
Cool build. I run a fairly similar one. A few questions though,

"
NEW Flicker Strike Damage per hit = 13 385 x 1,5 with shock = 20 077. 5 attacks per second gives over 100k dps !

You calculate your DPS as damage per hit x APS x 1.5. I assume the 1.5 is related to Shock status ailment but unfortunately you can't factor it like this for several reasons.
1) at 10-103 Lightning damage you're not exceeding the 0.3 second monster life threshold to apply the status ailment despite the fact that it's being applied by a critical hit.
2) you have assumed that you are applying critical hits every time however you only appear to be applying them 84% of the time.
3) you only apply the status ailment after the 1st hit, so even if somehow you did apply shock it's only after the initial attack so you'd need to factor that in as well.

If you're roughly going to assume an increase in damage through shock in your calculation you might as well add Assassins Mark in as well and tell everyone the DPS is over a million.

How do you deal with freeze? The pot?

Dominus rekt you in that lvl74 palace video man. I ran a similar one here

I like a lot of what you're running though, thinking about incorporating some of this stuff into my build. Interested to know your thoughts.
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info