[Build of the week S4E8] Havrd's Burning Arrow Marauder [Bloodlines][1.3]

"
Maelosh wrote:
"
Yay a fellow BA supporter, this build is really too much fun!

I actually REALLY like your skill tree!

And the Curse on hit stuff seems really cool, i just don't think i need it, seeing as i kill everything with just a fast cast of Flammability.

Things i do not agree with though *clears throat*

-Get the Templar stuff, its just so OP
Catalyse and Amplify were MADE for this build, they are way too good to pass up, you even get 2*6% life nodes to get there, and alot of great life and liferegen in the templar, i am adamant that it is better than holy fire is!

I see that you are also not getting the arsonist wheel, or the Golem's blood Notable. All this liferegen that you are passing up will save your life, i promise.

I will say again though, i love seeing this build from another perspective! Shows that this is a bigger THING that i didnt realize, like that its not just ONE build.

My friend actually made a Ranger version that looked alot like yours.

Is your build at the same level of damage i displayed in the videos or are you still not at that level?

Yeah, I got the templar stuff in my last iteration of burning arrow and now after all the skilltree changes I wanted to go with something different.

I am not getting the life regen nodes because I went for flask effectiveness nodes which are completely insane. I will get the arsonist and catalyse wheels later because I feel that the damage they add is a little bit lacking, considering I already have so much %Increased elemental from gear. The extra curse acts as an additional MORE multiplier and just scales everything out of control.

I currently have 4.5k tooltip dps with grace+anger, 5.1k with hatred and anger. By the way, I am on standard since I ripped. A rare occasion when I continue playing the character after dying - shows how much fun it actually is!

What level did you rip at though? I am 82 and im absolutely wrecking content
Build of the week / Burning Arrow Trapper : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036602 [Build nerfed to oblivion]
Fall of Arrows / RoA, Lioneyes Fall : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387765 [Updated as of 2.0] [Viable as of 2.1]
"
Havrd wrote:
"
ellefanor wrote:
looks shitty

Thank you for telling me your opinion

but this is shitty concept
why you should use burning arrow if you have a fire trap?
and poor theme design i know you try your best, but all this weird burning topics, meh
Last edited by ellefanor on Sep 4, 2014, 3:29:56 AM
also, i cant watch your gameplay videos, for some reason i dont have access for it from Ukraine
12% double dips doesn't mean 24%, if you have 300% increased fire dmg then the burning dmg will be dmg*(1+300%)*(1+300%)=dmg*16, it's MUCH stronger than that. and I think double curse is great if you can get it on your amulet by corrupting some, because fire res double dips as well. (and against hard content temporal chains is so nice!)

"
ellefanor wrote:
also, i cant watch your gameplay videos, for some reason i dont have access for it from Ukraine

You're not the only onecan't watch them either! About the fire trap vs. this spec, from my calculations it looks like you can get much more dmg with this spec, I might be wrong though.
but quiver != shield
so personally i prefer old prolif burnt build, not a weird bow based
even if your calculation say this is less powerful
"
ellefanor wrote:
but quiver != shield
so personally i prefer old prolif burnt build, not a weird bow based
even if your calculation say this is less powerful

And if the dmg is 5 times higher? (not saying it is) the builds are just different and it's fun making wacky builds. I played shockwave totem before 1.2, it was viable and fun but not as good as flame totem, in this case I think it's much stronger, so it's even better. Playing FoTM and ONLY fotm builds is boring IMO~
For example SRS summoner vs elemental animator, both are VERY strong but SRS isn't as annoying and tankier. except for how you get your minions they play the same. So why would you EVER want to play elemental animator?

What I'm trying to say is that if you want to try something different, even if it's worse, this build might be for you.
Last edited by noobdw on Sep 4, 2014, 4:02:57 AM
Videos should be fixed, they were all changed to "private" No idea why.
Build of the week / Burning Arrow Trapper : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036602 [Build nerfed to oblivion]
Fall of Arrows / RoA, Lioneyes Fall : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387765 [Updated as of 2.0] [Viable as of 2.1]
Last edited by Havrd on Sep 4, 2014, 7:25:15 AM
havrd congrats on this beautiful build

this build truly is something special.

i already had one in invasion and with the recent buffs i am going to try one as well

even the gear requirements seem low to be honest. chin sol is a must but they are quite cheap

ingame - @SemihMinions
"
ellefanor wrote:
"
Havrd wrote:
"
ellefanor wrote:
looks shitty

Thank you for telling me your opinion

but this is shitty concept
why you should use burning arrow if you have a fire trap?
and poor theme design i know you try your best, but all this weird burning topics, meh

The concept of using burning arrow is cool, the shitty stuff here is actually the passive skill tree chosen :) (Also not sure why in trap, rather than shooting it, and free a gem slot, but hey, who knows... NO reflect dependant ?!)

Now why the concept is not shitty...

About fire Trap:
First of ALL its a SPell (ok ? i know it gets buffed by spell damage nodes, both on tree and your precious wand and spell shield, but it doesnt further increase the burning damage, except the power of the initial hit, that causes it)
So...
lvl20 Fire trap:
Fire damage: 380-571
295.9 DOT (over the ground burning, NOT IGNITE burning)
*no ignite chance implemented
as a spell:
*no boost via flat Damage on gear OR.. well, ANGER
usable supports: fire penetration, chance to ignite, increased burning, Elemental Proliferation .. anything else useful ?! .. concentrated effect, increased AoE ?

Burning Arrow:
first of all: 130% Base damage (if you know how multipliers work)
Chin Sol Weapon damage + 130 flat fire damage (from Anger) (excluding all the 20-30 fire OR physical OR both damage you can get on rings, amys, gloves)
Also on lvl 20 Burning Arrow you have 57% increased % Physical damage (which get multiplied by base damage of BA, converted to fire by avatar and BA, then multiplied by fire nods) AND 25% increased Burning damage on lvl 20.
+20% chance to ignite implemented (which with several other passive nodes, can free the chance to ignite gem slot for something more useful)
Last but not least most powerful multiplier with burnig arrow.. WEAPON ELEMENTAL DAMAGE...
59% MORE (69 if 20% quality) that multiplies the hit with almost 70%
i will leave you the math :)
Useful supports: Fire penetration (to decrease the resist for higher initial hit therefor higher burning), increased burning damage, Weapon elemental damage, elemental proliferation... that goes for 5 link with Burning arrow... not sure how useful an Added fire damage gem will be, since your physical damage sucks, but hey, you can always go crazy with 6l to add something like added fire damage for 39% damage OR better Physical projectile atack damage 49% (Since its the very same, considering you are converting 100% of the damage to fire) or Increased are of effect might be good with proli.

Now, why is the passive skill choice shitty... Well if you want to kill with fire, NOT with burning then maybe its OK, but if you want to burn things, you better go with %Fire damage increase AND %Elemental damage increse nods. (note: NOT WEAPON elemental damage nodes, these affect only the initial hit not the burning) Because these 2 multiply not only the initial hit but also the burning damage...

So better pick 15% fire damage increase rather than Lava Lash that gives 30% fire damage with weapons... Same goes with Holy fire, increasing only the burn damage...

Personally i wont use trap... and go something like this tree: http://tinyurl.com/oa7mjtr ... Since no more +max resistances nodes, Acrobatics seems like a pretty good idea nowdays.I am aiming 200%+ max HP since im HC, but if you want you can always skip survivability and move to Templar Elemental damage nodes... or even Arsonis (bottom left of tree)

Anyway, if I go Iron reflexes, with armor i would probably go this route: http://tinyurl.com/ol4z3v5 or something close to this :)

PS: Burning arrow also gives you the opportunity to use Herald of Ash for 15% more fire damage, and also ignite for 157% of the overkill damage :)
Last edited by twiztedmind on Sep 4, 2014, 10:49:08 AM
"

PS: Burning arrow also gives you the opportunity to use Herald of Ash for 15% more fire damage, and also ignite for 157% of the overkill damage :)

Overkill from Herald of ash does NOT get triggered from Traps, i wrote this in the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info