[Build of the week S4E8] Havrd's Burning Arrow Marauder [Bloodlines][1.3]

"
takeme wrote:
"
Havrd wrote:
"
takeme wrote:
This seems ok but how is it better then fire trap?

Why does it have to be better than anything? It is its own separate thing, i am confused. Look at videos if you want proof :)

Well your build does the same as a burn fire trap build and plays exactly the same way so its not more or less fun since its the same just with other gear, so if its not better there would be no point to do it.

Im not saying its worse then fire trap thought.

Im actually sure that this has 10 times the potential that crit fire trap has, but hey. Who knows, and who cares

I just like it for what it is, it actually has alot of advantages over firetrap, like. Its versetile to if you want to use vaal BA or just the normal one.
It also get's alot of multiplicative bonuses that fire trap doesnt, like point blank, chin sol and the TRAP gem.

It also scales with dmg on gear, like 20-34 Fire damage. That means not only is it more customisable but it is actually really different. Eventhough they are both traps that do fire damage...

Also, its really creative
Build of the week / Burning Arrow Trapper : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036602 [Build nerfed to oblivion]
Fall of Arrows / RoA, Lioneyes Fall : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387765 [Updated as of 2.0] [Viable as of 2.1]
Last edited by Havrd on Sep 3, 2014, 4:27:52 PM
Why you not taking holy fire cluster? Or it doesnt work with BA?
I am currently playing a really similar build and I'm loving it. I like your approach of scaling this skill through AoE since I feel like that's the main thing that my build lacks at the moment. This is my current skilltree if you're interested:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBhqHtIhOFMir3bnns2nMBQgUEcYkRRxDjyfyzpSMn746-oY9zJyqayqJ-38S2wWhxnE9jwtxq63Pv4K8kXYvTrhplcxnjWStfJuqkrIPycqTRUgIuJH4tCBpDks6d0NW69OKimlGNsUdaTCWfPAGmaer4360jbpJKoWb-NqGmydrhJpGGUXHHF5HRSPRpuheC8YanzlWAeQVffXrJjxbCGwNPeXhS6UOlhVxg==

The main differences are that I went towards point blank and iron reflexes through the scion life wheel (I really wanted to get more survivability and those juicy flask nodes). I am also using dual curse setup (split arrow+chain+curse on hit+ele weakness+flammability) which works wonders and increases my dps significantly.

Oh and for the people who are doubting the clearspeed: the tooltip is kind of misleading since in OP's case he's actually dealing 7809-18369 fire damage with each arrow (the double point blank (1.5*2.0) is not included in the tooltip calculation). That is a lot of fire damage, which could only be beaten by empowered searing touch firetrap, stacked flameblast or burning discharge. Keep in mind that this build is waaay cheaper than those mentioned before and if the same amount of currency was invested, I think the results would be pretty surprising. Also it's always fun to be the underdog and not play the exact same build as everyone else does (*flameblast*).

The improvements that could be made:
-6 link (Increased burning damage/PPAD/fire pen)
-Triple curse (vulnerability or enfeeble)
-More phys/fire dmg on gear, %elemental dmg on gear.
-More auras (hatred with Pyre ring, anger, grace, herald of ash would be the perfect setup).
-A Carcass Jack which I haven't considered before.
Last edited by Maelosh on Sep 3, 2014, 4:43:51 PM
"
O4epegb wrote:

It does, i just ran out of points, it is simply not point efficient enough :((
Build of the week / Burning Arrow Trapper : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036602 [Build nerfed to oblivion]
Fall of Arrows / RoA, Lioneyes Fall : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387765 [Updated as of 2.0] [Viable as of 2.1]
"
Maelosh wrote:
I am currently playing a really similar build and I'm loving it. I like your approach of scaling this skill through AoE since I feel like that's the main thing that my build lacks at the moment. This is my current skilltree if you're interested:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBhqHtIhOFMir3bnns2nMBQgUEcYkRRxDjyfyzpSMn746-oY9zJyqayqJ-38S2wWhxnE9jwtxq63Pv4K8kXYvTrhplcxnjWStfJuqkrIPycqTRUgIuJH4tCBpDks6d0NW69OKimlGNsUdaTCWfPAGmaer4360jbpJKoWb-NqGmydrhJpGGUXHHF5HRSPRpuheC8YanzlWAeQVffXrJjxbCGwNPeXhS6UOlhVxg==

The main differences are that I went towards point blank and iron reflexes through the scion life wheel (I really wanted to get more survivability and those juicy flask nodes). I am also using dual curse setup (split arrow+chain+curse on hit+ele weakness+flammability) which works wonders and increases my dps significantly.

Oh and for the people who are doubting the clearspeed: the tooltip is kind of misleading since in OP's case he's actually dealing 7809-18369 fire damage with each arrow (the double point blank (1.5*2.0) is not included in the tooltip calculation). That is a lot of fire damage, which could only be beaten by empowered searing touch firetrap, stacked flameblast or burning discharge. Keep in mind that this build is waaay cheaper than those mentioned before and if the same amount of currency was invested, I think the results would be pretty surprising. Also it's always fun to be the underdog and not play the exact same build as everyone else does (*flameblast*).

The improvements that could be made:
-6 link (Increased burning damage/PPAD/fire pen)
-Triple curse (vulnerability or enfeeble)
-More phys/fire dmg on gear, %elemental dmg on gear.
-More auras (hatred with Pyre ring, anger, grace, herald of ash would be the perfect setup).
-A Carcass Jack which I haven't considered before.

Yay a fellow BA supporter, this build is really too much fun!

I actually REALLY like your skill tree!

And the Curse on hit stuff seems really cool, i just don't think i need it, seeing as i kill everything with just a fast cast of Flammability.

Things i do not agree with though *clears throat*

-Get the Templar stuff, its just so OP
Catalyse and Amplify were MADE for this build, they are way too good to pass up, you even get 2*6% life nodes to get there, and alot of great life and liferegen in the templar, i am adamant that it is better than holy fire is!

I see that you are also not getting the arsonist wheel, or the Golem's blood Notable. All this liferegen that you are passing up will save your life, i promise.

I will say again though, i love seeing this build from another perspective! Shows that this is a bigger THING that i didnt realize, like that its not just ONE build.

My friend actually made a Ranger version that looked alot like yours.

Is your build at the same level of damage i displayed in the videos or are you still not at that level?
"
Havrd wrote:
"
O4epegb wrote:

You can drop Force of Nature cluster and two 15% burning point in Arconist, for example. Or weapon elemental damage is more important than burning itself?

You can also drop Heart of Flame branch. I always thought that Holy FIre is the most important node for burner builds! Maybe i am wrong. I am playing burning flameblast, and for me Holy FIre is much better than Heart of Flame
Last edited by O4epegb on Sep 3, 2014, 5:07:16 PM
"
O4epegb wrote:
"
Havrd wrote:
"
O4epegb wrote:

You can drop Force of Nature cluster and two 15% burning point in Arconist, for example. Or weapon elemental damage is more important than burning itself?

You can also drop Heart of Flame branch. I always thought that Holy FIre is the most important node for burner builds! Maybe i am wrong. I am playing burning flameblast, and for me Holy FIre is much better than Heart of Flame

Remember some patches ago, Fire% double dips with burning, this means that getting the 12% fire nodes in Heart of flame not only gives more damage on the initial hit and therefor bigger burn BUT ALSO gives you 12% Burning damage, this is an effectiveness of 24% in total damage for my build. Therefore it is way way way better than getting 2*10 int nodes and then getting 15+15+45 = 75/5 = 15% effective damage going for holy fire. Catch my drift?

If you look at it that way, the 2*15 burning damage in Arsonist is just as good, i just don't have to travel through two shitty int nodes to get to them :D

Also, Elemental Damage with weapons = Fire%
So the principal is Just the same 8% elemental damage is 8% fire AND 8% Burning, an effectiveness of 16% Damage per node, more than Holy Fire.

I hope i made myself understandable here, i have done this build more or less to death ;D
Last edited by Havrd on Sep 3, 2014, 5:14:55 PM
"
Yay a fellow BA supporter, this build is really too much fun!

I actually REALLY like your skill tree!

And the Curse on hit stuff seems really cool, i just don't think i need it, seeing as i kill everything with just a fast cast of Flammability.

Things i do not agree with though *clears throat*

-Get the Templar stuff, its just so OP
Catalyse and Amplify were MADE for this build, they are way too good to pass up, you even get 2*6% life nodes to get there, and alot of great life and liferegen in the templar, i am adamant that it is better than holy fire is!

I see that you are also not getting the arsonist wheel, or the Golem's blood Notable. All this liferegen that you are passing up will save your life, i promise.

I will say again though, i love seeing this build from another perspective! Shows that this is a bigger THING that i didnt realize, like that its not just ONE build.

My friend actually made a Ranger version that looked alot like yours.

Is your build at the same level of damage i displayed in the videos or are you still not at that level?

Yeah, I got the templar stuff in my last iteration of burning arrow and now after all the skilltree changes I wanted to go with something different.

I am not getting the life regen nodes because I went for flask effectiveness nodes which are completely insane. I will get the arsonist and catalyse wheels later because I feel that the damage they add is a little bit lacking, considering I already have so much %Increased elemental from gear. The extra curse acts as an additional MORE multiplier and just scales everything out of control.

I currently have 4.5k tooltip dps with grace+anger, 5.1k with hatred and anger. By the way, I am on standard since I ripped. A rare occasion when I continue playing the character after dying - shows how much fun it actually is!
Ok! One more question, why do you take increase AOE stuff? How it increase your damage? Via elemental prolif?
"
O4epegb wrote:
Ok! One more question, why do you take increase AOE stuff? How it increase your damage? Via elemental prolif?

Yes, that's correct

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info