[Build of the week S4E8] Havrd's Burning Arrow Marauder [Bloodlines][1.3]

"
Havrd wrote:
"

PS: Burning arrow also gives you the opportunity to use Herald of Ash for 15% more fire damage, and also ignite for 157% of the overkill damage :)

Overkill from Herald of ash does NOT get triggered from Traps, i wrote this in the guide.

...And that's one of the reasons why i said i won't use this build with traps :) ... the PS was more for the "shitty" guy with the Fire traps :) but nvm.. if that's what attracted your attention in my post then no need for more posts for improving the build. Actually that's better, otherwise just put it in the next "we gotta nerf" patch :)
"
twiztedmind wrote:
"
Havrd wrote:
"

PS: Burning arrow also gives you the opportunity to use Herald of Ash for 15% more fire damage, and also ignite for 157% of the overkill damage :)

Overkill from Herald of ash does NOT get triggered from Traps, i wrote this in the guide.

...And that's one of the reasons why i said i won't use this build with traps :) ... the PS was more for the "shitty" guy with the Fire traps :) but nvm.. if that's what attracted your attention in my post then no need for more posts for improving the build. Actually that's better, otherwise just put it in the next "we gotta nerf" patch :)

i read your entire post and found that alot of the things you said made sence, i just didn't have anything coherent to comment on them at the time. :D
Build of the week / Burning Arrow Trapper : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036602 [Build nerfed to oblivion]
Fall of Arrows / RoA, Lioneyes Fall : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387765 [Updated as of 2.0] [Viable as of 2.1]
"
twiztedmind wrote:
"
Havrd wrote:
"

chin sol's 100% dmg boost and point blank's 50% dmg boost (dmg*3 together) only applies in close range, so you'll have to actually have to go to melee range, then shoot the monsters :\ on the other hand if you throw a trap, the traps shoots it, so it'll always be point blank since the enemy stepped on it to activate it! you can throw traps from the other side of the screen :)
"
noobdw wrote:

chin sol's 100% dmg boost and point blank's 50% dmg boost (dmg*3 together) only applies in close range, so you'll have to actually have to go to melee range, then shoot the monsters :\ on the other hand if you throw a trap, the traps shoots it, so it'll always be point blank since the enemy stepped on it to activate it! you can throw traps from the other side of the screen :)

That is true ! And that's why i said that he can stick with the trap idea, but with better tree build... IT is just that I wouldn't use traps. :)
First, traps can be killed short after throwing them (he ain specializing in trap passives, a.k.a. Clever Construction)
Second, Trap passive slot can be replaced with Elemental weapon Damage which also have MORE damage multiplier and it will go up for 69% damage, or why not with Increased AoE support.. that way he can achieve the same (even larger) range without spending like 10-12 passives points to get to them and pick them.
Third, Traps have a 4 sec (3 Uses) cooldown.. considering the fact that i am burning regular mobs for seconds... i would prefer actually to spam Burning arrow in bosses, rather than wait for charges for the trap.
And finally if you are rich enough why not retire Chin Sol For something like this: http://imgur.com/96mYVyQ ... and thats a thicket with base Damage of 21–64, now imagine this with Hsrbinger - 34–89 or Citadel - 24–95 base, cause you know.. you dont give a **** about Atack speed while burning all with a single arrow :D
Of course its his choice :) .. dunno maybe i like more flexibility, rather than being dependent from a trap :D

However, trap, or no trap, Havrd, It is just that the passives near the shadow are insane, especially for this build. 78% elemental damage nodes... that increases burning damage of 156%, also the three fire nodes for additional 28% is another 56% burning... i think these are a MUST to take. Screw Lava Lash and Catalyze that all together increase the initial hit for 90%... same burn you can achieve with only 45% Fire/ele nodes. Iron Grip is also trash, considering you are not STR focused (400+ what i call focused) 270 STR is 54% increase in proj Damage (that btw also doesn't increase the burn, but only the initial hit causing it. Also you lack of Dex, that you won't if you go Shadow route.. even if started as Mara, and focus on Phys/fire Flat damage on Equipment rather than being forced to use items with increase DEX so you can equip the bow... ALL the south part of the tree is useless, i mean, seriously... this is just a thought http://tinyurl.com/mkqc3ad but you can always drop some HP to increase the area of effect, or go more HP in the "wheel" or take the HP nodes near shadow, to get another 20-30 Dex while getting to them. Doesn't matter.
Last edited by twiztedmind on Sep 4, 2014, 3:56:09 PM
"
twiztedmind wrote:
"
noobdw wrote:

That is true ! And that's why i said that he can stick with the trap idea, but with better tree build... IT is just that I wouldn't use traps. :)
First, traps can be killed short after throwing them (he ain specializing in trap passives, a.k.a. Clever Construction)
Second, Trap passive slot can be replaced with Elemental weapon Damage which also have MORE damage multiplier and it will go up for 69% damage, or why not with Increased AoE support.. that way he can achieve the same (even larger) range without spending like 10-12 passives points to get to them and pick them.
Third, Traps have a 4 sec (3 Uses) cooldown.. considering the fact that i am burning regular mobs for seconds... i would prefer actually to spam Burning arrow in bosses, rather than wait for charges for the trap.
And finally if you are rich enough why not retire Chin Sol For something like this: http://imgur.com/96mYVyQ ... and thats a thicket with base Damage of 21–64, now imagine this with Hsrbinger - 34–89 or Citadel - 24–95 base, cause you know.. you dont give a **** about Atack speed while burning all with a single arrow :D
Of course its his choice :) .. dunno maybe i like more flexibility, rather than being dependent from a trap :D

However, trap, or no trap, Havrd, It is just that the passives near the shadow are insane, especially for this build. 78% elemental damage nodes... that increases burning damage of 156%, also the three fire nodes for additional 28% is another 56% burning... i think these are a MUST to take. Screw Lava Lash and Catalyze that all together increase the initial hit for 90%... same burn you can achieve with only 45% Fire/ele nodes. Iron Grip is also trash, considering you are not STR focused (400+ what i call focused) 270 STR is 54% increase in proj Damage (that btw also doesn't increase the burn, but only the initial hit causing it. Also you lack of Dex, that you won't if you go Shadow route.. even if started as Mara, and focus on Phys/fire Flat damage on Equipment rather than being forced to use items with increase DEX so you can equip the bow... ALL the south part of the tree is useless, i mean, seriously... this is just a thought http://tinyurl.com/mkqc3ad but you can always drop some HP to increase the area of effect, or go more HP in the "wheel" or take the HP nodes near shadow, to get another 20-30 Dex while getting to them. Doesn't matter.

I explained that i started as marauder and chose my skill tree because this was my first Beyond character, i wanted to be tanky in the start of the league when there is NO gear to be bought. Staying alive is not that easy, espessially not in the first day of this league when youre playing solo like i did. That is the reason, if i wanted to get more damage that would be cool and stuff. But i really feel like i do ENOUGH, atleast for my personal purposes. And i know that if i need more Armor, i have that very close in my tree.
Build of the week / Burning Arrow Trapper : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1036602 [Build nerfed to oblivion]
Fall of Arrows / RoA, Lioneyes Fall : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387765 [Updated as of 2.0] [Viable as of 2.1]
"
twiztedmind wrote:
"
noobdw wrote:

Oh my god you are so right about the elemental nodes. I ran the numbers and I was shocked how efficient they actually are. I compared the marauder and shadow versions of the skilltree and the shadow deals ~66% more damage which is pretty insane. Here are the numbers for those interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ssitCe-WZhzQ3wiktpq9TshJATJBKuPJDClYwPFVc84/edit#gid=698414836

I don't agree with the idea of not using traps though. I've tried it before and if you will use point blank (which is highly recommended), it's soo risky to go to the close quarters just to get that one shot off. It wouldn't be HC viable in my opinion.

Even though the shadow version has 20% less life, he has ondar's and acro which I consider to be superior to IR for ranged characters as well as the herbalism cluster. I didn't go for the clever construction because I've never felt that this is actually a problem. The shadow also gets some AoE nodes. I also skipped the dual curse with the shadow as it didn't feel to be efficient enough so he would have to get the additional one from gear.
IGN: @Oos
After reading other people's comments and trees, I think I'll be using this tree (lvl 85):

# only +169% life but I can get so much more close to me.
# +190dex will really help with chin sol's dex req.
# +231% increased fire+ele dmg. (and if I'll decide I want to get more I can get up to 283%)
# if I'll need, clever construction is a few steps from me (and life on the way anyway)
# 40% area of effect which is very very important!

I still can't decide which chest will be the best: Lightning coil, Carcass jack or Kaom's heart
(physical mitigation vs. clear speed(aoe) vs. tons of life and 40% fire)
Any thoughts?
Last edited by noobdw on Sep 5, 2014, 4:21:35 AM
"
noobdw wrote:
After reading other people's comments and trees, I think I'll be using this tree (lvl 85):

# only +169% life but I can get so much more close to me.
# +190dex will really help with chin sol's dex req.
# +231% increased fire+ele dmg. (and if I'll decide I want to get more I can get up to 283%)
# if I'll need, clever construction is a few steps from me (and life on the way anyway)
# 40% area of effect which is very very important!

I still can't decide which chest will be the best: Lightning coil, Carcass jack or Kaom's heart
(physical mitigation vs. clear speed(aoe) vs. tons of life and 40% fire)
Any thoughts?

I am so happy people are making more skilltrees inspired by my post! :D
All chests are great choices, ill be going for the Carcass. Having two 5L in this build is not required but pretty sick. But regarding that, there is always Deerstalker boots! So Kaoms is also an option. The mitigation Lightning Coil gives you is retardedly good though, but as i understand it, the chest shines with Purity of Lightning. We would be forced to drop Grace then.
Last edited by Havrd on Sep 5, 2014, 5:40:45 AM
"
Oosband wrote:

So sick bro, its alot of fun to see alot of variants on this build! Are you struggeling with low HPreg? or is it no problem?
My build has tons, so that really helps if i have to kite some fractured beyond degen swordbros.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info