The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

So I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing with this build... at low level (just hit 24) I don't have enough mana to sustain attacks with ice shot or tornado. So I've just been using default attacks and throwing in those when I can. Is that normal?

Also, I dont really get the puncture thing- in the video, it looks like the attacks are purely tornado (?) is this a dual attack build or am I missing something?

Finally, would be good if someone could check out my gear/tree and let me know if I'm on the right path. The tree should be okay, been following the vid...

I went nearly all-in on a decent bow (1.5 ex ca.), boosting my crit chance from 21% to 48% and it's insane how the killspeed just explodes from there.
So much stuff left to upgrade and still I'm oneshotting everything until 70 maps so far.

edit: @ saxisa: I skilled Revelry very early on and never had any mana problems ever.
Later specced out of Revelry and into Mind Drinker and then a bit later after I got a quiver with leech, specced out of Mind Drinker.
Last edited by Machtkatze on Sep 7, 2014, 5:28:25 AM
"
So I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing with this build... at low level (just hit 24) I don't have enough mana to sustain attacks with ice shot or tornado. So I've just been using default attacks and throwing in those when I can. Is that normal?

I think with quill rain it will be hard to sustain mana, a slower and harder hitting bow would be better. Though during leveling i also found it helpful to use a piece of Elreon -mana cost jewelery. It completely removed the need to worry about mana.
Is there an important master I should level for this build?
I play self found, which is the reason I chose this build because you dont need any uniques or BIS items, so I dont want to make any mistakes regarding masters..
Tora,Haku and Elreon.
Bows and quivers,all of armour and jewelleries.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Slagmaur wrote:
Tora,Haku and Elreon.
Bows and quivers,all of armour and jewelleries.

Cool thanks!
I've had a hell of a time crafting a bow, spending lots of regals, alteration, scouring etc. On a whim I six linked it in a small amount of fusing. Should I stick with this craft? Possibly remove the raw phys Tora roll and add ias (if possible?) The DPS isn't the highest but it also has +2 bow gems, how does that actually fair damage wise?

My build actually look like this : https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm43tgwguAF4ZjtN-u-P-un11xKL-yKfU3BXh26GkGf4bAe96CpvnCnjrwTOGziF2W6_dDfzFoJ9v8jnUd9dW-jH6dvfWin8r_94k_edUUUcwfKbgfwIylNnGlQWv69QjBbWNv8qpXWia8QiJI_aNfU2SSn2HdmegOkJLeN2oMHH66-jWIuqxMLUIcaGPT-d0bWy1SPPqKgtwUonTcNUGIwMeH0EWv_-TsJJR2aLZsNgmlWHiVUuMNizp2o0lP6vSNj2dqmKsbIy5fIwL7LA=

I have 16-17k dps il a 6L tornado But if someone can tell me where i can get more deeps in the tree without using too much point that would help me cause i love dps :D

Got pretty lucky with an aug (top tier crit) and regal (top tier flat phys) on the above. My dps shot up from like 10k to 35k with GMP Tornado over my old crappy bow. However, with higher dps reflect becomes a huge issue. I had to use a lightning coil as I was just destroying myself, even with 53% dodge and ondar's guile, dropped my dps down to 25k but I havent died to reflect since.
Last edited by Eyedol on Sep 7, 2014, 7:51:02 PM
Hey Manthil, I know you're not impressed by Piercing, and your mana might not be able to maintain Increased Crit Damage, so have you thought about using Power Charge on Crit as the 6th gem? You'd be gaining a solid 15% ish crit chance, which would also boost your puncture when you use it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info