The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

Here's my stream: twitch.tv/Mathil1.

AWAKENING UPDATE

Best I can do atm is the passive tree found here.

That said not a lot has changed for the build except I would probably run a Frenzy single target and a puncture trap for certain situations in a 4L. As well as that you can run split arrow over tornado shot and I plan to do so.

The passive tree
On the passive tree - remove mind drinker when you get 2% leech on your gear somewhere. Take any int/str nodes you need to make your gems work if you don't have it all from your gear.

The Gear
Spoiler

Rest assured the spec is cheap, as I will point out in the guide video. A 6L is complete overkill and only a 4L is needed for Puncture. The bow I used up until 86
Spoiler
only cost 10 chaos too and is more than enough for everything you face. Most questions should be answered in the video I'll have uploaded soon.

The deathless* uber atziri run

Clearing Uber Atziri

Video guide to leveling and the build details

Discussing and comparing bow skill gems

Video for first Atziri attempt

Super hard 78 courtyard vaal'd map

Hard 77 Shrine map mods video

Bandits are Passive, Phys dmg, Passive. You can get Oak if you want to though, that one is up to you.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Jul 21, 2015, 6:35:35 PM
Do you feel squishy at all? Your builds are always awesome, but require fairly precise playing.

It's actually very similar to what I'm playing (focusing on Puncture/SA, but it seems to be pretty much the same base build for both SA/P and TS/P), but I went over to Sentinel and grabbed Reflexes and Profane Chemistry, with the consideration to perhaps go into the Scion life wheel. You're far deeper in the content, though, and you seem to be doing fine with 129% life. (I also took HP, attack speed, and the power charge.)
Last edited by Mivo on Aug 30, 2014, 5:36:30 AM
"
Mivo wrote:
Do you feel squishy at all? Your builds are always awesome, but require fairly precise playing.

It's actually very similar to what I'm playing (focusing on Puncture/SA, but it seems to be pretty much the same base build for both SA/P and TS/P), but I went over to Sentinel and grabbed Reflexes and Profane Chemistry, with the consideration to perhaps go into the Scion life wheel. You're far deeper in the content, though, and you seem to be doing fine with 129% life. (I also took HP, attack speed, and the power charge.)

With 4200 life I feel pretty sturdy in everything I do. I was/am completely considering swapping my helm to a Rat's Nest for that massive crit/attack speed/move speed boost. I feel like I can afford to lose the life because I almost never die to anything because of my life amount. Otherwise, evasion/acro/phase/ondars keeps me alive quite well.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189

I was so sure that was a hybrid dmg mod, so I could craft another phys over it, but no :/
to make things worse, low crit roll. Sigh...

Cost me 1 ex :/

As always Top build guide
hi mathil first of all thanks for this amazing build once again. you're a fking Genius :).

ok here we go: i was wondering if this build would be better with those items what do you about it?
ToxicDreams..........
"
Advaanze wrote:
hi mathil first of all thanks for this amazing build once again. you're a fking Genius :).

ok here we go: i was wondering if this build would be better with those items what do you about it?

Acuity would definitely be nice and would keep you safer in general but especially vs reflect, they're expensive though and I think the exalts could be better spent in other slots first so unless you're looking pretty good everywhere else I wouldn't really go for them.

The boots would be a good addition for sure if you can fill out your resists everywhere else. I'm pretty strapped for resists personally and couldn't lose the ones my boots provide.

Rat's nest is something I may use myself if I find one or get a good enough belt to cover the resists I need on my helm. It has everything the spec needs (crit, as, ms, evasion) so I feel it may be worth the loss of life on 1 piece of gear.

For the record if I were playing this on HC which I may do pretty soon I'd probably aim for 4200-4500 life in my endgame setup. My rampage setup is on 4300 atm and some I'm willing to lose.
How would you change your tree for HC, If at all?
IGN = pibDeath
"
Pibacc wrote:

At this stage I can't see myself changing much, if anything. Mostly the order of which I got things while leveling to be a little more focused on the surviving. MAYBE losing a few damage nodes to get Profane Chemistry to the left of Ranger, but it feels a bit inefficient. Could also move over to Hired Killer at the right of Scion and lose a few damage nodes in the process.

At the moment though I'd probably stick with what I have.
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Pibacc wrote:

At this stage I can't see myself changing much, if anything. Mostly the order of which I got things while leveling to be a little more focused on the surviving. MAYBE losing a few damage nodes to get Profane Chemistry to the left of Ranger, but it feels a bit inefficient. Could also move over to Hired Killer at the right of Scion and lose a few damage nodes in the process.

At the moment though I'd probably stick with what I have.

Hmm, I dunno 129% max life just seems really low for a HC build. In a build I made I went over and grabbed the scion wheel but its so many points to get there, kind of hard to find a balance in offense/defense.

Also, you use pierce on tornado shot but don't grab pierce nodes or use drillneck. I thought that it always pierced, or is that just the first shot?
IGN = pibDeath

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info