The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
tanfodelmale wrote:
Jeez, I love Split Arrow + Chain combo too much. Do you think Tornado Shot + GMP ( or Ice Shot ) performs better ( dps-wise ) mostly or they're pretty much on the same floor?

By the way, nice job as always.

I did some research on this lately, and the consensus was that Tornado Shot is much better dps in most situations.
zzz
Just had a maligaro drop. With My rats nest dmg made a huge 5k jump. Now puncture is with 19k and ts 6,8k this build is nice. For me it s the big thing i have Not so much desync like the coc dagger.

Love this build.

Mathil did you try the dmg over time nodes?
So puncture will bleed stronger? Ans did you try puncture with gmp for mobs? Instead of ts?
So for Example

Puncture + GMP + Chain + Physical Projectile + Added Fire or WED or inc crit DMG

What do you think? May be you can try it and report.

May if you take the Dot Cluster in the north of Mind Drinker i guess it's 3 Points with 45% more Dot.
So Puncture raises the Bleeding at 20 from 25,2% to 36,5% and mobilebleed from 126% to 182,7% do think it is worth?

Edit: I tried it with a 5L. But without the Entropy Cluster. I guess it is not worth. TS feels better.
Last edited by Lorkan on Sep 4, 2014, 12:07:17 AM
Would it be viable for this build to use Ice Shot/Heralds of Ash build instead of tornado shot or is tornado shot a more versatile and better skill?
Hi guys,

Can you please take a look at my gears & passive ? First time play a ranger, so I do need your advice to improve the character.

I'm doing 5k TS & 8k puncture (dont remember the exact number). Is that goood? And i'm running grace + hatred. Is there anyway i can run an additional aura such as herald of ash? For now, if I run 3 auras,i only have 40mana left :(

Thanks alot.

Gears:
Spoiler

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMHYwguCIkPqxa_GYoZjhn-Go8bAR9BIXYi6iT9KgswcTB8MfoylDY9OdQ6QjqzSn1LeFFHUzVW-luvXWheRWegbIxtbG_ycFJxoXb3d9d9dX8CfyuGzod2jDaNv49PkAqS85UFmvGbjZu1naqgn6OKpuCnNKfUr-uxMLUItUjAnMEzxKLKqcu9zerTftQj1orZxtwV3Q3dqOOE5oHnVOjW7YPuDu968-r22vlj-uv7CfzF_rr-yP_e
Last edited by lonton2 on Sep 3, 2014, 11:34:02 PM
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
"
tanfodelmale wrote:
Jeez, I love Split Arrow + Chain combo too much. Do you think Tornado Shot + GMP ( or Ice Shot ) performs better ( dps-wise ) mostly or they're pretty much on the same floor?

By the way, nice job as always.

I did some research on this lately, and the consensus was that Tornado Shot is much better dps in most situations.

I have tested both on my 94 char, and I do not feel liked Tornado Shot clears faster than SA/Chain - I would say they clear equal.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Why not run Herald of Ice on top of Herald of Ash and Hatred? You have enough mana + mana leech to do so, and you don't need any extra mana reduction nodes.

As for other links, Life on Hit is pretty OP for reflect maps or as a 6th link imo, though I would personally think PCoC is the best 6th link overall.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Sep 4, 2014, 10:46:01 PM
Anyone have advice on what gems to link to ice-shot while leveling? (or other leveling setups)
newbie question; but im currently level 66 with this build and im wondering what kinda bow i should get for myself, currently im using :

no crit what so ever but i adore the attack speed on it, and tbh the 3L puncture is working wonders;
at first i thought i should probably get a lioneye's glare. but obviously that has no crit chance multiplier so it would kinda be going against the grain of the build right?
dont know if i should get one or not, i would like to keep the high APS that my current one provides, any thoughts or suggestions?

side note, shout out to mathi freakin genius ive built this and an ele buzzsaw in about a one and half weeks and their both leaving maps with gaping holes, guah
Last edited by samar007 on Sep 4, 2014, 8:37:35 PM
"
Aphorist84 wrote:
Anyone have advice on what gems to link to ice-shot while leveling? (or other leveling setups)

LMP, WED, peirce(?) (dno about this one never really played around with ice shot) but i do know its pretty similar to the way we'd link nado shot in this build since its an elemental damage based skill
Hey guys, would you say that Lightning Coil is almost mandatory for HC with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info