The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

Super helpful! Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Cheers.
What gems would you use on Puncture and on TS if you had a Drillneck?
What would your 6L setup be for each gem on a pure phys bow?
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I was inspired on your build after ripping a 89 on beyond, decided to try it out, whilst my passive tree is a bit more defensive to what you have planned out, the build is defiantly HC viable, just hit 87 on beyond and just got super lucky 5 min ago to this post to ding a 6L bow, which I am planning to attempt atrizi in beyond. It has been one of the most interesting builds I ever played for a long time on this game, I commend you for the theory craft you came up with this, thanks for the inspiration. :)
"
damaxxerous wrote:
"
jxlah wrote:
"
damaxxerous wrote:
Hey Math,

In the video, what is the spell that shoots out the red things in a circle? And then in the upper left there is a timer/number that looks like a fist?

Please assist me with this info.

Herald of Ash.

i realized the kill and downward moving bar is probably rampage. But im talking about the things that shoot out from him. Ive used herald of ash. And thats the thing that makes red cirlces around enemies.

Maybe the projectiles that leave his core is a rampage effect?

The red explosion like thing that you see is a rampage effect. It detonates corpses in a chain reaction, a bit like vaal DD
"
Precaso wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
can you post your crit chance, evasion chance and accuracy rating? Curious. Also dps on tornado and puncture would be cool to know.

I've been running precaso's with a little variation on tree and tornado shot instead of split arrow (your's and his are almost identical so it's nice to compare).

couple questions I had one of which translates here. I didn't watch the video but assume you aren't using drillneck by the posted gear.

What do you think about Entropy cluster? That is 45% increased damage over time. For puncture that should act as a multiplier since it is the only factor affecting the damage. The way I understand it puncture's bleed damage is from the damage dealt. So, that damage number over 5 seconds should then get multiplied by the entropy cluster. That sounds massive for 3 points.

One more question would be concerning the gems on puncture. Faster attacks provides a dps increase on toolbar however it technically does not give more damage for a single hit. Right? The puncture skill seems to be one that is used sparingly not rapidly. So, does faster attacks really enhance puncture? I'd think something like Faster Projectiles and if there was a 6link couple it with slower projectiles for increased damage. Your tooltip dps will likely drop but wouldn't the real damage be greater? Especially for uber in which you aren't drilling puncture arrows into her but hitting, kiting, hitting, kiting.

Actually, better than faster/slower projectiles would be quality culling strike. You'll get the same bonus as faster projectiles quality (10% attack speed) but also get increased damage (vs a lesser increased proj damage). The culling part won't apply to the DoT but you still technically have as low as 90% effective hp on enemies if you hit them for the kill.

I still think faster attacks on puncture is very strong, because one of the best benefits of it is how mobile you can be, and faster attacks enhances that further. Without it, for instance, if you were doing the Trio on Atziri, it would be easier to get caught in an attack animation and get rained on by titties from the sky. Entropy is a very competitive option to spend your points on on the trees, but just getting more raw damage is more global (applies to your AoE) and increased the initial hit of puncture, which then increases the bleed more.

"
Jarovb wrote:
Mathil please answer me why on first page in your Gear is power charge on
Crit when on guide grom YouTube os wed? What is better can i USS pcoc? Thx

PCoC is better imo, and not helping Alira in merciless for the power charge is very questionable and probably wrong

"
Sparowes wrote:

Is this gonna be any good with Tornado shot? I understand I'd have to weaponswap for Puncture.

Ele and phys are completely different builds, so I couldn't imagine a puncture weapon swap would work well. On paper though, ele tornado shot looks like it could work well, but phys bow got super buffed in 1.2 by the passives and the 11% raw damage bow buff (which only applies to phys as far as I know)

Hmm, this is bad new. Could you point me in the right direction for a Windripper tornado shot build?
Same build as Mathil's old ripper build.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
So for atziri you don't get Power Charges as its not on puncture.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Sep 11, 2014, 10:01:29 PM
How are you dealing with high damage physical spells without coil?
"
How are you dealing with high damage physical spells without coil?

Such as?
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info