[1.2.4] SHATTER CHUCK - 3 MILLION SUSTAINABLE DPS (6.7 \W SHOCK & CURSE) - EASY UBER ATZIRI

Hello everyone! You might already know me from the Scion build Thor's Rainbownuke which I made. Over the last few weeks I've been working on making a build facilitating Cast On Critical Strike which turned out good enough for me to post it here. The core items of this build are 2 Void Batteries as they are hands-down the best affordable weapon for Cast On Critical Strike. If a high budget is present, then the 2 Void Batteries can even be surpassed by using a mirrored wand and spirit shield.

Huge special thanks to goat4dinner for making the graphics used in this guide!

"Woah." -Tom94

"I love you." -Silsmediocre

"I like trains." -Nyan

"Only Chuck Norris can shatter the Rainbow." -goat4dinner

"This takes Cast on Cancer to a whole new level." -GhazzyTV

Why use this build?

Pros
  • Highest sustainable damage in the game.
  • Can kill uber atziri and her minions with ease.
  • Extremely tanky without random-based mechanics like Block
  • Almost permanent flask uptime due to the Surgeon's flask mod and the constant critical hits
  • Instant leech with Atziri's Acuity and Atziri's Promise
  • High movement speed
  • One of the fastest clearing speeds in the game
  • Can do literally all map mods
Cons
  • Elemental reflect must be approached with care (use a Life Leech gem or Flasks!)
  • Weak computers may not be able to handle the amount of effects on the screen (by far not as bad as Discharge!)

Minimum item requirements:

This build works best with a very high budget. For cheaper costs there are other ways to make the character work which yield far superior results. If you want to play this build you should be able to afford the following four items:

If you can not obtain the above items, then I'd like to redirect you to Killmour's Shatter Chuck Lite build which features the same playstyle at a much lower cost. He even managed to kill Uber Atziri with his build!

Full map runs:

Lvl 75 Plateau Headhunter fun by MindR [Partly mirrored items]
YouTube video

• 32% more Magic Monsters
  • 47% more Rare Monsters
  • Monsters fire 4 additional Projectiles
  • Monsters' skills Chain 2 additional times
  • Nemesis
Lvl 78 Courtyard with reflect, Vulnerability and 50% regeneration [Mirrored items]
YouTube video

• Area is inhabitated by 2 additional Rogue Exiles
  • Players are cursed with Vulnerability
  • Players Recover Life, Mana and Energy Shield 50% slower
  • Monsters reflect 18% of Elemental Damage
  • Monsters are Immune to Curses

Atziri:

My first ever uber atziri attempt (1 death) [Dual Void Batteries]
High-end Atziri run in 4:00 [Mirrored items]
Generic Atziri run in 4:30 [Dual Void Batteries]
YouTube video
Without Purity of Fire lvl 21

DPS calculations:

You can view the DPS calculations in this spreadsheet which currently is set to my personal values. As you can see when combining Fireball and Arctic Breath a total of 2.85 MILLION DPS is reached without even considering shock or curses.

Mirrored Wand and Shield stats (outdated, higher by now):

Barrage
Barrage is used to trigger the linked spells via Cast On Critical Strike. Barrage generates 8 * 3.7 = 29.6 projectiles per second since it hits 8 times for each attack and attacks 3.7 times per second.

Arc
Arc is not manually casted, therefore we need to look at the Damager per Use. Critical strike chance and damage are already reflected in that number. These 2 screenshots show Arc with and without Atziri's Promise and Righteous Fire.

Arctic Breath
Arctic Breath is not manually casted, therefore we need to look at the Damager per Use and Number of Projectiles to fire. These 2 screenshots show Arctic Breath with and without Atziri's Promise and Righteous Fire.

Fireball
Fireball is not manually casted, therefore we need to look at the Damager per Use and Number of Projectiles to fire. These 2 screenshots show Fireball with and without Atziri's Promise and Righteous Fire.

Defences
The resistances always are that high, making the build immune to the resistance penalty of the Elemental Weakness, Conductivity, Flammability and Frostbite curses. In the case of Fire and Cold Resistance even being double-cursed with Elemental Weakness and the respective elemental curse is negligible.

One downside is the low Chaos Resistance, which however with the right gear choices can be increased. I personally chose to not care much about Chaos Resistance, because in most cases Chaos Damage can be avoided by good positioning.

The following screenshots show the defensive tab both with and without Flasks. Note, that the Flasks are up pretty much whenever in combat due to the insane amount of critical strikes granting Flask charges via the Surgeon's prefix.

Dual Void Battery stats:

Barrage
Barrage is used to trigger the linked spells via Cast On Critical Strike. Barrage generates 8 * 3 = 24 projectiles per second since it hits 8 times for each attack and attacks 3 times per second.

Arc
Arc is not manually casted, therefore we need to look at the Damager per Use. Critical strike chance and damage are already reflected in that number. These 2 screenshots show Arc with and without Atziri's Promise and Righteous Fire.

Arctic Breath
Arctic Breath is not manually casted, therefore we need to look at the Damager per Use and Number of Projectiles to fire. These 2 screenshots show Arctic Breath with and without Atziri's Promise and Righteous Fire.

Fireball
Fireball is not manually casted, therefore we need to look at the Damager per Use and Number of Projectiles to fire. These 2 screenshots show Fireball with and without Atziri's Promise and Righteous Fire.

Defences
The resistances always are that high, making the build immune to the resistance penalty of the Elemental Weakness, Conductivity, Flammability and Frostbite curses. In the case of Fire and Cold Resistance even being double-cursed with Elemental Weakness and the respective elemental curse is negligible.

One downside is the low Chaos Resistance, which however with the right gear choices can be increased. I personally chose to not care much about Chaos Resistance, because in most cases Chaos Damage can be avoided by good positioning.

The following screenshots show the defensive tab both with and without Flasks. Note, that the Flasks are up pretty much whenever in combat due to the insane amount of critical strikes granting Flask charges via the Surgeon's prefix.

Example gear with mirrored Wand and Shield

Example gear with Void Batteries

Core items:

Void Batteries have a relatively low attack speed and base critical strike chance. On first glance this should disqualify them as potential candidates for a Cast On Critical Strike build, but the positive aspects weight stronger! Not only do both wands grant a total of up to 230% increased Global Critical Strike Chance (+2 Power Charges and the stats on the wands) but they also provide an outrageous 330% increased Spell Damage when having 9 Power Charges. In addition to all this dual wielding also grants 10% more Attack Speed and 15% Block Chance. It is important to mention, that there exists a better wand than Void Batteries for this build. It got crafted by AXN and further information can be found below in the Best in Slot items section.

Without Shavronne's Wrappings or Solaris Lorica we can not use the Blood Magic keystone and profit from Mortal Conviction. This build would only achieve a fraction of what it is capable of without all the auras we can reserve on our Life with the Blood Magic keystone and the Mortal Conviction notable which is right next to it.

Resistance flasks with the Surgeon's prefix are important to guarantee a high uptime of resistances close to 100%. The Surgeon's prefix is just as useful on a quicksilver flask. We choose the suffixes according to our needs. I recommend the ones shown above.

Atziri's Promise does not only grant a great amount of Chaos Damage while active but it also adds a significant amount of Life Leech. These effects get further amplified by the Alchemist notable and surrounding passive nodes which we use. We use this Flask combined with resistance Flasks against reflect monsters and nothing can harm us.

Doryani's Invitation provides Strength, Elemental Damage and Elemental Leech. This is perfect for us, since with such a high damage output 1% Life Leech is enough in most situations. Always make sure to choose a Doryani's Invitation with an element that matches one of the linked Spells. Otherwise it is useless.

With Shavronne's Revelation we gain 4% Energy Shield Regeneration per second. This enables us to keep Righteous Fire running while having our elemental resistance Flasks activated.

Atziri's Acuity is extremely beneficial by providing instant leech whenever we deal a critical strike. This allows us to fill up our Energy Shield pool in the blink of a second.

Best in slot items:

AXN's Apocalypse Thirst is currently the best wand out there for this build. When dual wielding it is about 25% stronger than 2 Void Batteries. With a perfect spell shield it does about 5% more damage than 2 Void Batteries. As a consequence a mirrored setup provides the same damage at greatly increased survivability which includes over 9000 Energy Shield, twice the amount of Leech and additional Block Chance. When even more damage is desired the helmet can be swapped out for Rat's Nest, reducing the Energy Shield to around 8000 while again greatly boosting the damage output.

Entropy Charm is the best shield to go with this build in combination with the Carrion Call wand. Not only does it provide insane Spell Damage and Spell Critical Strike Chance but it also provides a great amount of survivability from the Energy Shield on it.

Despite having an unnecessary flat physical damage roll this amulet is currently by far the best for this build. If we are looking for the best DPS optimization for the least currency, then this item has to be mirrored above all else.
This item and a few more great Energy Shield items such a boots can be found at pro crafter AXN's shop.

If 1% leech is achieved without Doryani's Invitation such as with the mirrored wand, then Headhunter becomes by far the best belt for this build in mapping scenarios. The mods gained from rare monsters range from frequent doubling of the DPS to running at twice the speed or getting other fun mods such as proximity shield from nemesis monsters.

Example linked gems

Weapon left

Weapon right

Chest

Helmet

Boots

Gloves

Playstyle:

Killing things is surprisingly simple with this build. We simply bombard the enemies with Barrage and they are done for. The 2 spells which are triggered by Cast On Critical Strike can be changed to our liking.

Righteous Fire can be activated when fighting bosses or even when playing solo and just trying to clear maps as quickly as possible. Always keep in mind, that Righteous Fire can only be sustained by the means of resistance Flasks and Life Leech, so don't use it while there are no enemies around. Since as long as enemies are alive the constant critical strikes keep the resistance Flasks filled up we don't need a Flask to turn off Righteous Fire. We can simply wait for it to reduce our Life to 1 when everything around us is dead.

Here are demonstrations of how certain combinations of spells work against certain enemies:

Fireball + Arctic Breath + Righteous Fire VS Atziri
(Did this pre-patch without the Blood Magic keystone. This build is now stronger!)
Fireball + Arctic Breath + Righteous Fire VS Atziri's Trio Boss
Forgot to activate Herald of Ice :(
Arc + Arctic Breath VS Piety
(Did this pre-patch without the Blood Magic keystone and Righteous Fire. This build is now stronger!)
Arc + Freezing Pulse VS unfortunate pack of blue monsters

Power Charge generation:

Both Power Charge On Critical and Assassin's Mark can be linked to Cast On Critical Strike, yielding Power Charges as a result. The upside of Assassin's Mark is, that in addition to providing Power Charges it also increases our damage by a noticeable margin. On the other hand it does not work in all cases. When for instance playing a map with Monsters are Immune to Curses, then we are forced to use Power Charge On Critical. Moreover Assassin's Mark only provides Power Charges when we are actually killing things and thus Power Charge On Critical is required for longer fights where our Power Charges can run out without us killing things. This is the case for Atziri, her Vaal bosses and Dominus.

Defensive skills:

This build makes use of Cast when Damage Taken in combination with Enduring Cry and Immortal Call to mitigate large amounts of physical damage.

Auras:

The most important aura for this build is Vitality. It is required to sustain our life while casting Barrage.
Many other auras are used in addition to Vitality since they enhance the general offenses and defenses of this build.

We only use Purity of Elements when our resistances are too low. This can happen if our gear does not have enough elemental resistances and we are playing a map which has the Elemental Weakness curse. Replace the Righteous Fire or the Lightning Warp gem with Purity of Elements in this case, depending on preference or need.

If possible, then it is recommended to use Empower combined with Purity of Fire to boost our fire resistance to 97%. This greatly helps sustaining Righteous Fire and surviving more intense scenarios regarding reflect. When Righteous Fire is not desired or when enough Energy Shield is present so that 95% fire resistance is enough, then Empower can be used to further increase the damage gained from Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder.

Buffs:

Since by reserving Life for Auras we always are at low Life Blood Rage is a ridiculously good buff for us. Not only does it generate Frenzy Charges whenever an enemy is killed, but it also grants an insane amount of Attack Speed. Enhance further increases the attack speed bonus.

Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder both provide flat elemental damage to our Spells. This proves to be a 50%-100% total improvement in damage in most cases and additionally enabling freeze, chill and shock to occur with all spells.

This build utilizes Righteous Fire to boost its Spell Damage greatly when fighting bosses.

Tempest Shield can be used instead of Purity of Elements to further increase offenses and defences when enough elemental resistances are present.

Being at least level 75 is recommended for playing this version of the build. Below level 75 a lot of Energy Shield would have to be sacrificed to get the build working well.

The trees assume, that we took the passive skill point at the bandit quests in Normal and Cruel difficulty and the additional Power Charge in Merciless difficulty. The Witch is by far the optimal class for this build.

It is crucial, that Ghost Reaver, Pain Attunement, Blood Magic and Unwavering Stance are taken. Energy Shield, Critical Strike, Accuracy and Aura nodes are primarily chosen.
IGN: Pirteloli
Last edited by Tom94 on Apr 14, 2015, 5:43:47 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2019, 1:57:32 AM
reserved
Finally! :D
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
I repeat. I love you.

Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
Very pretty guide, I like the effort put into it.

Any estimate on the total cost?
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
good job m8. looking forward to getting response from support so i can start playing it.
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
Very pretty guide, I like the effort put into it.

Any estimate on the total cost?

Right now the estimated cost is around 400-500 exalts. I expect Void Batteries to go up in price similar to Mjölners did back when I released Rainbownuke, though, so the cost might go up quite a bit.
I too approve of trains.

Edit: I also really like how you use RF!
Edit 2: That Kaom's skin :D
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Aug 27, 2014, 4:14:57 PM
What an awesome build.. and a beautiful guide. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I'd love to do something similar with cheaper gear, even if it isn't Atziri viable.
"
I too approve of trains.

Edit: I also really like how you use RF!
Edit 2: That Kaom's skin :D

Haha, I think this is the first build ever released which uses Righeous Fire in the originally intended way by the GGG developers. Correct me if I am wrong. :P

And well, Kaom's just looks badass. None of those MTX comes close imho. ^_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info