[1.3] *Updated Tree* Dbum's The Void Pulser| | Low Life Crit Freezing Pulse | Leveling Guides Added

hello, i'm building your build atm and i like it a lot. the main issue tho is the expensive chest and weapon. the chest is dodgeable through going for lorica. but the weapon costs like 40-50ex if i'm correct on rampage and that really puts me down a bit.

i was because of this looking around for a good alternative, and found the following.

Pledge of Hands Judgement Staff
-12 block
-160 spell damage
-100% increased maximum mana
-lvl 30 spell echo.

to compare it towards the void battery the following stats will be different.

what you get when you got the staff instead of the void battery:
- minus 14% spell dmg ( void gives 140"powercharge"+20"base stat"+4"for the extra power charge"+10"quality spell echo that isn't on the staff" )
- minus 9% cast speed ( spell echo lvl 30 adds 10% over lvl 20 which basically gives it a 10% castspeed)
- 100% more mana ( probably 90% more, because the void adds something )
- minus 114% crit ( 64 staff, 50 extra power charge )

The only real issue here is the crit, but can be solved as the staff has no need for spell echo gem, you can add a q20 increase critical strike chance lvl 20, which will add about 125 if i'm correct crit. which features 11 more crit then the void battery.

The reason why you would do this?

Price

You no longer have to dig into a expensive 5-6l chest, you can get a 6s for a few c ( lorica ), and are no longer needing to buy the expensive void battery, while still maintaining good stats.

You also get rid of the extra power charge which also needs time to load everytime and get rid of the innitional 80% reduction in spell dmg before your stack starts to move upwards. your dmg output will be straight max from the start.

What do you think about this option?

the only downsize is that you lose your shield, but changing your boots for resistance + high ES, will migrate this issue big time. You probably will go down from 5600 towards 5000 or something ( with lorica ) for sub top tier. so that issue can be overseen easily.

Also the 100% mana increase will probably also mean that you can push another buff into your mana pool( not sure about this ), but no clue about that.

Shifting your neck + 1 ring towards dex/str + dmg hybrid will solve the dex/str issue while maintaining the dmg output.

Last edited by GATYGUN on Sep 11, 2014, 6:03:17 PM
"
GATYGUN wrote:
hello, i'm building your build atm and i like it a lot. the main issue tho is the expensive chest and weapon. the chest is dodgeable through going for lorica. but the weapon costs like 40-50ex if i'm correct on rampage and that really puts me down a bit.

i was because of this looking around for a good alternative, and found the following.

-12 block
-160 spell damage
-lvl 30 spell echo.

- minus 14% spell dmg ( void gives 140"powercharge"+20"base stat"+4"for the extra power charge"+10"quality spell echo that isn't on the staff" )
- minus 9% cast speed ( spell echo lvl 30 adds 10% over lvl 20 which basically gives it a 10% castspeed)

The only real issue here is the crit, but can be solved as the staff has no need for spell echo gem, you can add a q20 increase critical strike chance lvl 20, which will add about 125 if i'm correct crit. which features 11 more crit then the void battery.

Price

You no longer have to dig into a expensive 5-6l chest, you can get a 6s for a few c ( lorica ), and are no longer needing to buy the expensive void battery, while still maintaining good stats.

You also get rid of the extra power charge which also needs time to load everytime and get rid of the innitional 80% reduction in spell dmg before your stack starts to move upwards. your dmg output will be straight max from the start.

the only downsize is that you lose your shield, but changing your boots for resistance + high ES, will migrate this issue big time. You probably will go down from 5600 towards 5000 or something ( with lorica ) for sub top tier. so that issue can be overseen easily.

Also the 100% mana increase will probably also mean that you can push another buff into your mana pool( not sure about this ), but no clue about that.

Shifting your neck + 1 ring towards dex/str + dmg hybrid will solve the dex/str issue while maintaining the dmg output.

One issue i see with this is now you can be stunned. This is one of the reasons why we use Lioneye's boots with low life. you would have to spec down the tree into Unwavering stance.
You can pick up the eye of chayula onyx amulet which basically features these stats:

+16 to all attributes
20% hp reducement
30% item rarity
Cannot be stunned

You miss dmg stats on the neck, but that can easily be covered by 1 ring or get 2 rings with stats like this ring:

ring:
30% crit chance
30% elemental damage
16% attribute
13% cold damage
+40 life
+15% elemental resistances.

get that x2 and you basically get a massive boost + 3x 16% attribute to cap you off on str/dex, and get 30% resistances with 27% cold damage, 60% crit, a bit life. Or mix it up with removing the dmg parts on the ring and push cast speed on the second one + some additional ES or mana or resistances or whatever comes with it.

now your boots can fill all the gaps to max resistances, get some es shield up on it ( 250 es boots with 200 es bonus = 450 = a ton of es in total on your char ( still 200-300 less from your shield, but doable ). Also your movement speed isn't totally crap, and 30% item rarity isn't that bad to have with it.

Last edited by GATYGUN on Sep 11, 2014, 8:56:42 PM
"
Dekkai wrote:
Hello dbum, I've been playing with this build for a while now and I love it! I have a couple comments and questions.

Is there a reason you don't put Clarity - Haste - Blood Magic - Reduced Mana? In most cases this setup will reserve less mana. Also do you think it's worth sacrificing Enhance for Increased Duration on Vaal Haste and Vaal Discipline?

Another question that I have but didn't see in the opening post, while playing solo where do you get power charges if you don't have PCoC on your Freezing Pulse?

I appreciate the guide and help, keep up the good work!

i havnt tried clarity/haste on life yet but i dont think you can anymore with the lowered reduced mana reserve nodes. let me know if you can and ill update this cuz that would be better.

if no pcoc use assasins mark curse

"
Esurah wrote:
Rampage league

hey i'm new to the game,

I have a lvl 75 Shadow (ZiggyD Ek/MoM/EB Build) my dmg is bad -4k-, gear not so good and its quite boring..

I do not have that much currency, only about 1 ex, and I always liked FP.

1-I would like to ask for the budget for both the IC/low life Vers

2-Why did u not take the increased cold dmg nodes near shadow/witch/templar?

3-Will i die 1 shot from alot of things?

4- Why not shadow??

5-lvling passive tree section pls.

thanks

1- low life with shavs is pricey in standard about 200exish with great gear elseware, can be much much cheaper depending what items you get. with solaris lorca it cuts out about 100ex if 6l lorca. can get even cheaper without void battery.

2- dont need them we are goin for max crit/spell damage adding cold damage nodes will be less overall damage if you cut out spell damage. and if you cut out the crit...well meh this is a crit build so thats a no go.

3- if you level as low life you will die sometime 1 shot. but at high lvls you have soo much es that not much can 1shot you except for vaal smash dom smash and most other mechanics that 1shot all other builds.

4- you could go shadow i suppose but you will get less es or less spell dmg

5- it is up!!!!

"
GATYGUN wrote:

-12 block
-160 spell damage
-lvl 30 spell echo.

Price

i get where youre comming from but no.. this is a build based around void battery and getting the most ES AND Damage.

if you go chayula, pledge, es boots you WILL be lacking es and damage. just cause you are getting extra cast speed and a tiny bit of spell damage out of the staff doesnt make up for the lack of es and crit/spell/multi from amulet, it is a huge dps slot.

the boots give us the NEEDED str and dex we absolutley need or we will spend more points in the tree getting it which means less es/dmg nodes.

as for having imediate damage vs void batter ya i get that but one pack and im at full 8 power charges so that isnt a big deal at all.

"
GATYGUN wrote:
You can pick up the eye of chayula onyx amulet which basically features these stats:

+16 to all attributes
20% hp reducement
30% item rarity
Cannot be stunned

You miss dmg stats on the neck, but that can easily be covered by 1 ring or get 2 rings with stats like this ring:

ring:
30% crit chance
30% elemental damage
16% attribute
13% cold damage
+40 life
+15% elemental resistances.

get that x2 and you basically get a massive boost + 3x 16% attribute to cap you off on str/dex, and get 30% resistances with 27% cold damage, 60% crit, a bit life. Or mix it up with removing the dmg parts on the ring and push cast speed on the second one + some additional ES or mana or resistances or whatever comes with it.

now your boots can fill all the gaps to max resistances, get some es shield up on it ( 250 es boots with 200 es bonus = 450 = a ton of es in total on your char ( still 200-300 less from your shield, but doable ). Also your movement speed isn't totally crap, and 30% item rarity isn't that bad to have with it.

ele dmg from rings doesnt apply to spells only attacks.

still if you are doing it this way great! i just prefer to do it the way it should be done with a shield and VB. this build has been Atziri proven so there is no point to change it.

let me know if you kill atziri your way i would love to know.

IGN @Dbum
LEVELING GUIDES ADDED!
IGN @Dbum
Nice dmg freezing pulse is so good now I have around same dmg In rampage with my life base mom witch 110k freezing pulse (without vaal haste or Atziri flask, and one o my gem is cold pen not add chaos or add lightning with add chaos instead iam at 145k ) and it's destroy everithing perma freeze rogue in party ...

Gatygun pledge of hand is pretty bad for crit build you can have 200%+cri with rare wand and rare shield,more spell dmg, some caste speed , more defense ....
Last edited by keta on Sep 19, 2014, 11:46:11 AM
I'm trying out this build in HC... Hopefully it's going to turn out great. :)
"
keta wrote:
Nice dmg freezing pulse is so good now I have around same dmg In rampage with my life base mom witch 110k freezing pulse (without vaal haste or Atziri flask, and one o my gem is cold pen not add chaos or add lightning with add chaos instead iam at 145k ) and it's destroy everithing perma freeze rogue in party ...

Gatygun pledge of hand is pretty bad for crit build you can have 200%+cri with rare wand and rare shield,more spell dmg, some caste speed , more defense ....

very nice

i have messed with cold pen but i feel like crit multi is better for me. it just feels better i dont know how to explain it.

"
Vjorkal wrote:
I'm trying out this build in HC... Hopefully it's going to turn out great. :)

i hope it goes well for you also

its a very fun build and definitely HC viable
IGN @Dbum
i use crit multi aswell
FP, crit multi, gmp, cold pen, life leech, echo.

I get the charge with assassin mark or my ice spears gmp faster cast pcoc.
"
keta wrote:
i use crit multi aswell
FP, crit multi, gmp, cold pen, life leech, echo.

I get the charge with assassin mark or my ice spears gmp faster cast pcoc.

ya i can see that workin.. and even in groups you can still get pc from ice spear hmm may play around with it
IGN @Dbum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info