[1.2.0] Dreamfeather: Post-Mortem

This process is just horrid... I'd have asked for my money back.
"
Ishiga25 wrote:
This process is just horrid... I'd have asked for my money back.

I wouldn't call it horrid. Just the combined circumstances were rather unfortunate.
Awesome write up! While the final product wasn't what you started with, I still think the item that went into the game is a great unique, one that I'd love to use sometime.

It's a little sad that the process has become so annoying. In many ways you remind me of how I approached my own unique as well, knowing exactly what I wanted and not taking a hands-off approach. While that would have made the process less painful, I would never tell people like you to do such a thing! Unique item designers who specifically want to create items that make you look beyond the metagame are exactly what the game needs. It's only from people like you that interesting affixes come to light that might not be added otherwise. Even in it's reduced state, your unique is really.. unique. I think it's awesome.

Also I do apologize for inadvertently causing a delay in your own unique through mana shield coming out! :)
"
ac429 wrote:
Awesome!! Yeah, I was behind that chest, I'm proud to hear you liked it!

So you made QotF! /high five I've been waiting for that piece to drop, as I really like it. Now I get to wait for QotF and Dreamfeather.
"
This is the first high-end rarity item that I've really wanted. I never cared about shaves, soul takers, chain hammer, whatever...this one I want. I only see one up for sale so far in standard...hopefully the prices won't go much higher than Charan's swords then maybe I can afford one someday.

"
Did I mention I want this sword? I want this sword.

Aye, this.

A most excellent write up, really appreciated and enjoyed going through each step of the process and the ups and downs regarding its creation.

Now, to level up faster so I can star running the endgame stuff to get this sword...
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Thank you for writing this detailed account of the evolution of you unique. It's sad to hear the difficulties that you and other Diaternals had to go through to create your uniques. But then, given how the game has evolved, I can only imagine the nightmare the balancing process has become at this point for GGG.

Having said that, I do hope that other unique creators will keep fighting to have their ideas realized in some way-and that the process becomes less painful as communication is improved. Given the level of creativity that has been shown, GGG and the game itself would lose so much if the supporters didn't fight for their ideas.

On Evasion and Phys Damage spells, I totally agree with what you've written. I am hoping to find your unique in game, (along with QotF) and maybe coming up with a viable endgame EVA character.
"
Hrishi wrote:
Also I do apologize for inadvertently causing a delay in your own unique through mana shield coming out! :)

You shouldn't apologize for getting a fantastic unique into the game!
I have a speed demon build that I was testing prior to these current temp leagues.
When I saw on patch notes that frenzy was nerfed and cyclone was changed so it could not be affected by multistrike, I nearly cried (metaphorically, and yes, the build worked better with it cause its so fast that it kept full life all the time with lgoh).
Your sword is what makes me still want to go for it, looking forward to find that beauty and make a variation of my build that can be viable.
Pretty nice item, just sad that we never got camouflaged predator, that would be awesome.
Also love the quill pen look.
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
I have a speed demon build that I was testing prior to these current temp leagues.
When I saw on patch notes that frenzy was nerfed and cyclone was changed so it could not be affected by multistrike, I nearly cried (metaphorically, and yes, the build worked better with it cause its so fast that it kept full life all the time with lgoh).
Your sword is what makes me still want to go for it, looking forward to find that beauty and make a variation of my build that can be viable.
Pretty nice item, just sad that we never got camouflaged predator, that would be awesome.
Also love the quill pen look.

Frenzy changes was a little asinine which is quite a shame since its a cool skill.

Glad you like the sword. Hope you find one :)
"
Lyralei wrote:

Glad you like the sword. Hope you find one :)

Hope RNGesus hears you ^^
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info