[1.2.0] Dreamfeather: Post-Mortem

"
twintales wrote:
The sword seems to have many synergy with many other equipments. I could thing of many possible combination here <3

Yup! That's the idea. Glad you like it and I hope you find one (or two).

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Was going to wright: "Quality BLOW Thread", but then I saw that you are in another guild.

Y U NO IN OUR GUILD D:

Great Sword
Good Read

I approve. :D

I concur with the above sentiment.

Very well done, and congratulations for your success in managing the process. Also, yes, the flavor text is gorgeous. =^[.]^=

Thank you!

"
Charan wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Was going to wright: "Quality BLOW Thread", but then I saw that you are in another guild.

Y U NO IN OUR GUILD D:

Because Lyralei's in a guild significantly cooler than ours. Seriously, check that roster. I'd like to believe RIP and BLOW are sister guilds, but it's more like 'smart, successful, attractive senior to goofy, nerdy, probably inbred freshman'.

Did I mention I want this sword? I want this sword.

We're just a bunch of normal people doing normal things!
Congratulations on getting your item in, and thanks for the detailed write-up. The OP is representative of the rigorous design work you've spared the time and thoughts for, and I commend you for it. In fact I believe your meticulous approach deserved better from GGG, such that the statement
"
Lyralei wrote:
If you’ve managed to get yourself thinking about my sword then I’ve succeeded in my design goals.

feels like a bit of a resigned cop-out because, to be honest, it looks like GGG denied the realization of your very painstakingly specified intent for the item. There's no way one could look at Dreamfeather as it currently exists and infer from it your original philosophy for the item, which to my eyes is a failure of GGG.

I myself have no such complaints yet (because I haven't given my item the amount and depth of thought you've clearly given yours) but this post-mortem, besides its inherent value as a design piece, stands as some very pertinent feedback for GGG.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
I just want to say, this is a very beautiful sword, and a very elegant design! I'm really amazed to see it. =)

We're like 450 eva sistahs now! :D
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Nice read! Thanks for write up, pretty interesting stuff, and kudos to the thought and effort you put in.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
ephetat wrote:
Congratulations on getting your item in, and thanks for the detailed write-up. The OP is representative of the rigorous design work you've spared the time and thoughts for, and I commend you for it. In fact I believe your meticulous approach deserved better from GGG, such that the statement
"
Lyralei wrote:
If you’ve managed to get yourself thinking about my sword then I’ve succeeded in my design goals.

feels like a bit of a resigned cop-out because, to be honest, it looks like GGG denied the realization of your very painstakingly specified intent for the item. There's no way one could look at Dreamfeather as it currently exists and infer from it your original philosophy for the item, which to my eyes is a failure of GGG.

I myself have no such complaints yet (because I haven't given my item the amount and depth of thought you've clearly given yours) but this post-mortem, besides its inherent value as a design piece, stands as some very pertinent feedback for GGG.

Being candid:
At some point during development, I did feel like that. The design team likes to play it very safely now and I think that really all stems backwards to the community here on the forums. People cannot make up their mind because they both want uniques like legacy Soul Taker and condemn those uniques and the backlash from that is very discouraging. Even the ones designed by Brother Laz get much unnecessary hate simply because they lack numerical strength.

If you were a developer with such a fickle crowd, you too would try to play as safe as possible.

They used to be far more adventurous with their designs and I'd like to see some of that come back.

"
ac429 wrote:
I just want to say, this is a very beautiful sword, and a very elegant design! I'm really amazed to see it. =)

You made Queen of the Forest right? I have like five of those. I love hoarding them!

How quaint considering my diamond process started with the avatar; yours was the first one that caught my attention (and I believe I told you so!). Looks like we've come full circle then.
Last edited by Lyralei on Aug 22, 2014, 10:49:58 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
ac429 wrote:

You made Queen of the Forest right? I have like five of those. I love hoarding them!

How quaint considering my diamond process started with the avatar; yours was the first one that caught my attention (and I believe I told you so!). Looks like we've come full circle then.

Awesome!! Yeah, I was behind that chest, I'm proud to hear you liked it!

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that, because I thought (and still think) your avatar looks great! I actually dropped by this thread as soon as I could, because I recognized your flair on reddit. It was a really pleasant surprise to see that it was you behind this sword. I guess it's true; Great minds think alike. :D
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
I really like the look of this item and, while I'm bummed (for you and us!) that the camo mod didn't make it in, I think the finished product is still a pretty amazing item, from both a gameplay and theorycraft perspective.

This is the first high-end rarity item that I've really wanted. I never cared about shaves, soul takers, chain hammer, whatever...this one I want. I only see one up for sale so far in standard...hopefully the prices won't go much higher than Charan's swords then maybe I can afford one someday.

Thanks for all your effort in creation and the post.
Good read and awesome unique. Thanks for your insights.

So much good development manifestos floating around lately. <3
Great read! Super post! Top tier quality unique too! :D

And YAY... I got a shout out! :D

EDIT: Damn, like sneaky, I actually typed out Top tier BLOW post... Argh! :S
Last edited by dlrr on Aug 22, 2014, 10:42:17 PM
"
Charan wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Y U NO IN OUR GUILD D:

Because Lyralei's in a guild significantly cooler than ours. Seriously, check that roster. I'd like to believe RIP and BLOW are sister guilds, but it's more like 'smart, successful, attractive senior to goofy, nerdy, probably inbred freshman'.

Did I mention I want this sword? I want this sword.

Ha! I like those descriptions... how true!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info