Assassin's Mark

I don't know where else to ask this question, this seemed like the best place.
We know how crit is only rolled once at cast, such that in the case of an AoE attack like Bladefall, every mob either gets crit or not.
1)So the question is, In a pack of 10 mobs, if only 1 of them is cursed with Assassin's Mark, and we cast say Bladefall in the middle of it, do we get the full benefit of Assassin's Mark's crit chance?
2)Does targeting the ground, a non cursed mob, or the cursed mob, make a difference?
3)What about damage, as in the MORE multiplier from the curse, with the same 1st and 2nd questions?

So basically it's about Herald of Thunder-Curse on Hit-Assassin's Mark versus Blasphemy-Assassin's Mark.
1. Yes - against that one Cursed enemy.
2. No. Only one enemy is Cursed, and the Curse only applies to that enemy.
3. Again, only one enemy is Cursed.

Crit is rolled once per activation, but the Crit threshold is checked per Hit. AM affects the Crit threshold check, not your Crit roll.

50% Chance to Crit. Two monsters, one is cursed for +10%.
Cast, roll an 18. 18 is below 50, both monsters are Critted. The Cursed monster takes extra Crit Damage.
Cast, roll a 55. 55 is above 50: uncursed monster does not take a Crit. 55 is below 50+10, the cursed monster takes another Crit (with increased Crit Damage).

(it's also explained on pg. 4 btw)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 9, 2016, 5:21:32 AM
"
Ulquiomaru wrote:
I don't know where else to ask this question, this seemed like the best place.
We know how crit is only rolled once at cast, such that in the case of an AoE attack like Bladefall, every mob either gets crit or not.
1)So the question is, In a pack of 10 mobs, if only 1 of them is cursed with Assassin's Mark, and we cast say Bladefall in the middle of it, do we get the full benefit of Assassin's Mark's crit chance?
2)Does targeting the ground, a non cursed mob, or the cursed mob, make a difference?
3)What about damage, as in the MORE multiplier from the curse, with the same 1st and 2nd questions?

So basically it's about Herald of Thunder-Curse on Hit-Assassin's Mark versus Blasphemy-Assassin's Mark.

From my understanding, at the time of cast, you do not get a yes or no answer for crit, what you get is a number, say the number is 1-100, and your crit chance is 50%, then you will have to roll 51 - 100 to get the crit on mobs with 0 threshold.

Say you cast another one and only rolled 41, mobs without Assassin's mark will not score a crit, but in case of that one mob with Assassin's Mark of 10% negative threshold, it will crit.
Last edited by lugaluga on Apr 15, 2016, 10:35:55 PM
I am currently running a Ice Nova Totem build as a Hierophant Templar and planned on using Assassin's Mark for power charge generation, for some reason it is generating frenzy charges instead.
Last edited by Aza1575 on Jun 15, 2019, 5:26:45 PM
It would be nice that this INTELLINCE based curse also granted ES when you killed and enemy and not just life and mana. Seems like a waste to gain life on kill when you are a character top side of the tree who's stacking power charges and runs energy shield.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
the changes to this skill with the heist update have rendered it unusable for me. gameplay is far too fast paced to allow for casting this between every other attack to maintain power charges. it used to pair well with curse on hit but that got turned into hextouch, no longer supporting all curses, but instead only those designated as hexes, of which assassin's mark is not. i am sorely disappointed in the decision to make these changes. i am of the opinion that these changes so severely alter the skill, it would have been better that it have been left as is and a new separate skill gem be implemented to use the now current mechanics.
waiting for OP to deliver.
can we get a unique or jewel that makes mirage archer target marked enemies? I think it would help with the later game chaos.
Assassin's Mark on trigger ring cost 27 mana, my guess is also all other marks cost the same ? How do you keep that with melee skill that hits 5+ times per second and reapply the mark constantly.
Just ridiculous, either lower the mana cost or make it refresh after duration ends not to spam reapply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info