Assassin's Mark

"
Pilboshab wrote:
Is the % crit chance that you gain from the curse reducing the threshold of criting the monster on the target
Yes.
"
Pilboshab wrote:
or is it just being added on to your crit chance?
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, that's mechanically identical, so also yes.
Well no its not, i try to explain:
1) If i use Vaal Spark and do my about 2250 Sparksand AND the crit is added to my crit chance of 40% my spark have 49% to crit.

2) If the monster has a crit threshold my spark have 40% to crit and if they do not crit, every single of the 2250 Sparks have a 9% to crit when the target is hitted ;)
Last edited by Slayerchen on Oct 7, 2014, 6:51:05 AM
"
Slayerchen wrote:
1) If i use Vaal Spark and do my about 2250 Sparksand AND the crit is added to my crit chance of 40% my spark have 49% to crit.

2) If the monster has a crit threshold my spark have 40% to crit and if they do not crit, every single of the 2250 Sparks have a 9% to crit when the target is hitted ;)

I don't think thats how it works.

You cast Vaal Spark:

Since you Crit-Chance is 40%, you need to roll a 400 or less for a Crit. (Not sure if it is a Number from 1 to 1000 or from 1 to 100, but it doesn't matter for the explanation).

In that case you are rolling 431. However a few of the enemies around have Assassins Mark applied. For all those targets you can remove 90 from your roll, or add 90 to the threshold. The outcome does not change. If you remove 90 from 431 you are below 400 and would crit. If you add 90 to 400 you get 490 which would be higher than 431 and you would crit.

So since it says additional critchance it is likely easier to understand it with adding something, so we could just say that Assassins Mark adds a Number to the Crit Threshold of the enemy (in the case of 9% and this example it would be 90, to accound for one decimal, or 9 for whole numbers). And since you need to land below this threshold adding something to it has the simple effect of adding a certain amount of Critchance.

This simply means that adding to the Crit-Threshold and Adding Critchance is the same thing.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
Slayerchen wrote:

I don't think thats how it works.

You cast Vaal Spark:

Since you Crit-Chance is 40%, you need to roll a 400 or less for a Crit. (Not sure if it is a Number from 1 to 1000 or from 1 to 100, but it doesn't matter for the explanation).

In that case you are rolling 431. However a few of the enemies around have Assassins Mark applied. For all those targets you can remove 90 from your roll, or add 90 to the threshold. The outcome does not change. If you remove 90 from 431 you are below 400 and would crit. If you add 90 to 400 you get 490 which would be higher than 431 and you would crit.

So since it says additional critchance it is likely easier to understand it with adding something, so we could just say that Assassins Mark adds a Number to the Crit Threshold of the enemy (in the case of 9% and this example it would be 90, to accound for one decimal, or 9 for whole numbers). And since you need to land below this threshold adding something to it has the simple effect of adding a certain amount of Critchance.

This simply means that adding to the Crit-Threshold and Adding Critchance is the same thing.
This is correct - by definition your threshold to crit a monster is 100 - crit chance. Adding to the chance and subtracting from the threshold are the same thing.
My cyclone seems to crit or not to crit, depending on activation, not on the single monsters.
If half of them are cursed, how is this "crit or not?" calculated?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
It's literally on this page :P Read Emphasy's post.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's literally on this page :P Read Emphasy's post.

Stopped reading at "Vaal Spark" because I thought it's about something else... :P

Read it now, but I still don't get it.

If half the monsters have the curse on them and the others don't, and I start an AoE attack into the mob, and let's say, "this RNG thing" gives me a number that lets me crit cursed monsters, but not uncursed monsters...

Will I...
a) crit all the monsters (curse helped, others also have to suffer)?
b) crit no monster (uncursed monsters prevent the crit)?
c) crit half the monsters (which is probably the solution, but it feels weird, how can a single AoE attack do both crit and non-crit?)?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 20, 2014, 10:29:36 AM
doesn't matter what skill used, it rolls a crit value on use.
next, foe's get thier own rolls separately and compare to the previous step.
last (but actually an continue from previous step) if this curse is present, then affected foes are more likely to crit because thier own rolls are reduced.

because of that final/step 2.5, some foes can get a crit than some others. additionally, speced into crit or not (but this example is for not speced), you only have 5% chance roughly, so you're most likely rolling a "1" or something to cause everything to crit OR just unlucky that you roll a "5" and some foes rolled a 4 and some others rolled a 6.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Oct 20, 2014, 4:07:38 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
doesn't matter what skill used, it rolls a crit value on use.
next, foe's get thier own rolls separately and compare to the previous step.
last (but actually an continue from previous step) if this curse is present, then affected foes are more likely to crit because thier own rolls are reduced.

because of that final/step 2.5, some foes can get a crit than some others. additionally, speced into crit or not (but this example is for not speced), you only have 5% chance roughly, so you're most likely rolling a "1" or something to cause everything to crit OR just unlucky that you roll a "5" and some foes rolled a 4 and some others rolled a 6.

And i also want to add there - if the skill used is an attack (which can be evaded), then each enemy rolls its own evasion against accuracy to avoid hit, and rolls again to avoid crit, so "critical" attack may miss on some enemies or be downgraded to normal hit.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
If I am already capped on critical strike chance (that's 95% if I am correct), is it possible to achieve 100% with assassins mark or is the cap still 95%?
IGN: DatInternet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info