Assassin's Mark

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Aug 8, 2021, 7:11:42 AM
Is this supposed to have an AoE effect like all the other curses or is it currently bugged?
Does the life gained on kill apply to Energy Shield if you have Ghost Reaver?
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
"
vargorn wrote:
Does the life gained on kill apply to Energy Shield if you have Ghost Reaver?
no
I use this curse on my EK shadow and it is excellent. The curse animation seems to be fixed now?

I was curious, so I tested a little:

The curse grants power charges even if you kill the targets with traps (fire trap). I have not yet tested if it works with totems too. I love that the skill functions like that, don't get me wrong, but is that intended? What I mean is, actually the trap/totem deals the killing blow (similar to 'pcoc' where the trap/totem crits and you don't get power charges from it because it was not you killing the target), so if the same mechanic apllies here, the trap should get the power charges (which it cant have, because it's a trap/totem) and not the player.

overall it is better the way it is now, since you can make a nice crit trapper finally! :)
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

Did the enemy die to the explosion, or the Burning Ground?
Fire Trap's Burning Ground is bugged due to an engine limitation. By the time the BG is placed and scores kills, the Trap can no longer be credited with kills, so they have to be assigned to the Character -- which means you can trigger on-Kill effects with it.
I can't remember to what it died exactly. Will test later again. But even if it died to the explosion, the trap would've sprung before the explosion takes place. So the trap can never be credited for any kill with the power charge, because it always springs before. That's why I think it is not a bug with the burning ground, but with assassin's mark mechanic. (but the mechanic is good and should stay!)

Last edited by meerkatz13 on Aug 22, 2014, 9:13:34 AM
It is triggered prior to the explosion, yes, but the Trap isn't actually removed until after the explosion murders everything.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It is triggered prior to the explosion, yes, but the Trap isn't actually removed until after the explosion murders everything.

How are you so sure about this? :)

"
meerkatz13 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

How are you so sure about this? :)
traps and mines do thier thing then vanish, including thier charges... which they cant have because thier limit is 0/0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info