Herald of Ice

Thanks, to both of you!
My Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/109915/page/1
Does hearld of ashe or herald of ice works with poison arrow? I mean I wanna use poison arrow + trap
Last edited by Dɀɀ on Aug 29, 2014, 10:27:23 AM
Is it intended behaviour for spells supported by Trap to get the damage increase, but not trigger the on-shatter effect?
The on-Shatter explosion is an effect on your Character - it is not an effect added to your Skills. On the other hand, the Cold Damage is added to your Skills directly.
From my understanding of the game, it's working as expected.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Synze wrote:
Yeah, curious as to how this works with IIR/blind. From what I've tested, attaching blind to this does not cause a blind on your attack. Bug or intended?
If you link blind to Herald of Ice, then everything Herald of Ice hits will have a chance to blind. It won't, can't and shouldn't give a chance to blind to hits not caused by the skill supported by blind.

Why doesn't curse on hit work? Shouldn't the ice explosions curse if they can blind?
HI,

I don't sure if I undestood, Herald of Ice work properly with summons raging spirits?Spirits benefit from the buff of HoI?

Thank's in advance,

Cheers
Herald of Ice works properly with Minions. They do not benefit.
So I have a few questions

How does elemental prolif work with this skill? Does it cause other nearby mobs to become frozen as well (or at least on the shatter effect?)

How does <elemental> penetration work? Does it only apply to the explosion effect as well?

I.e if I add cold pen does that only apply to the shatter explosion? What if I add lightning pen? Does the lightning pen only happen on the shatter effect and only HoI shatter effect gain that penetration?

Many things seem quite unclear.

I can confirm that any +damage or damage modifiers will only ever effect the shatter effect. Other skills that can potentially shatter targets will more likely cause targets to shatter.

I.e you use a spell with a high crit. There is a chance that spell can now freeze with the ice damage, which HoI will shatter explode on kill. Very helpful in that manner.

I also want to add that the UI states your curses now have a DPS based on how fast your cast rate is and the amount of damage added by HoI... LOLZ
However its a bug, curses still do zero damage.
Last edited by MwHighlander on Aug 29, 2014, 11:15:49 PM
1. EP only spreads Freeze if the explosion manages to Freeze something (with no Crit and low Damage... Not likely).

2. Just like always, Supports apply locally. Pen gems on Herald apply to Herald, not anything else.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Synze wrote:
Yeah, curious as to how this works with IIR/blind. From what I've tested, attaching blind to this does not cause a blind on your attack. Bug or intended?
If you link blind to Herald of Ice, then everything Herald of Ice hits will have a chance to blind. It won't, can't and shouldn't give a chance to blind to hits not caused by the skill supported by blind.

We appreciate you answering 1 of 2 of Synze's questions.

You answered his second part about blind on hit linked to herald.
His first part was about IIR

If we link a item rarity gem to Herald it shows the increased %rarity on the tool tip of herald.

Is it safe to assume then if we link rarity gem to herald of ice that all of our "damage" spells are benefiting from %rarity from herald?
Last edited by Wynrotar on Aug 30, 2014, 5:54:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info