Es silently nerfed

Life was hardly a 'noob trap', even after the tree changes, and ES wasn't going to be the new meta or anything of the sort. Too much of that BS thrown around on these forums, and in this particular case the change to the quality bonus from armor scraps was a kick to everyone. Less player defense (ES got hit much harder, though) and yet barely any changes to monster damage or defensive formulas for players, which means it's a lose-lose for the overall 'balance' that this fix was trying to achieve, if any at all.

It's one thing to tone down ES and there were certainly some last-minute ES node nerfs that were more than justified, but the quality change makes little sense to me. When I lose over 1,300 ES from what I had before on gear, and even when I take MORE ES NODES than what I had before and still come up that amount short and even have a better ES belt equipped this time around...something is most certainly not balanced or right in my eyes. I wasn't expecting to suddenly have 20,000 ES, but I also wasn't expecting to lose that much, which to me is rather stupid.
I don't know where u guys are coming up with ES being nerfed, I have more ES then I did before the patch
"

Im not a fanboy, i just accept the fact that its GGGs game so they can do what they want.

Umm....

Only when it is convenient for you I suppose?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/999218
"
Quiex__VZ wrote:
I don't know where you guys are coming up with ES being nerfed. I have more ES then I did before the patch.

Linking your gear and build would be helpful to see where you got more ES than those of us who are reporting that we have lost ES. This is the gear I currently am using on one of my characters that runs a LL build with Mjolner:

Spoiler

The only piece that changed from my original setup was the Auxium belt. Before that it was a Dory's belt with lightning damage and lightning leech. Here is my current tree:

Even with MORE ES nodes taken than from the previous tree, I sit at around 4,700 ES with my Discipline aura turned on. Before that, I was sitting at ~6,060 ES and that was with LESS ES nodes taken and Discipline running.
"
chromafunk wrote:
It is not vendor trash because everything has been toned down. Market prices will be the same. It was really unbalanced before, life builds were a noob trap and es was the way to go endgame. Now its balanced.

The thing is, people were all theory crafting OP ES builds and then they expected it to stay that OP. Also, this change seems to have been needed for the sake of balance.
In short : after changes well geared max tuned chars lost HP.
Average geared worse tuned chars gained HP.

That's why there are some to complain they've been fucked up and others to call them names :)
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Im not a fanboy, i just accept the fact that its GGGs game so they can do what they want.

If we take a trip in your car and you tell me not to eat chips in your car, you would want me to accept that too, right?

If this issue doesn't concern you in the slightest, please keep your asinine metaphors to yourself. You're, at this moment, simply adding fuel to the fire for no apparent reason.
IGN: Daario__Naharis, Captain__Harlock, Paul__Atreides
Marty__McFly, Silk__Spectre. Kylo__Ren
"
Kid_Galahad wrote:
"

If we take a trip in your car and you tell me not to eat chips in your car, you would want me to accept that too, right?

If this issue doesn't concern you in the slightest, please keep your asinine metaphors to yourself. You're, at this moment, simply adding fuel to the fire for no apparent reason.

If you take a trip in my car and I would tell you to sit in the trunk wouldn't you complain either "facepalm"
My 9k life Cyclone Marauder could hold his own such as easily as 7k ES wander.

You just don't "forget" to include something this big in patch notes. Bad show. Very bad show.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
DAS13 wrote:
Everyone got hit equally but, in my opinion, biggest nerf was done on legacy Shav since basically it is now equal to pre 1.2 non-legacy Shav. Price will drop for sure..

If you think that about legacy gear, think about what it did to non legacy gear. Since EVERYTHING armor took a hit, the legacy is still better than non legacy... so stfu about legacy being on same level as non. Put on your big girl panties on and deal with it. My facebreaker uses all non legacy gear. My old passive tree didn't work cause of dex too low. I worked round it and lost 2k of armor. Im dealing with it and adjusting my play style. Im not agreeing with the change mind you. The change was made for most likely valid reasons. Since no one is yet to craft EPIC gear from the masters we have yet to see just whats in store. Im willing to bet this was done to make way for a new slew of gear about to hit the market that had the potential to really OP the game. Just think of it as now your gear is no longer top tier and you have more end game gear to strive for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info