[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

"
Mawwk wrote:

yeah, they are pretty annoying, the best way to deal with them its going to clever and construction, so the traps dont get destroyed for leapers/ mage archers, or just pop a granite flask when you see they jumping on you.

sure they are, and I forgot to mention the miscreations too. that's what I did; I got myself a granite flask and cwdt+ed setup and it really did helped my chance of survival.

"
maotzu wrote:

When I notice there are jumpers and charges I just try pop totem ahead and time my fire trap properly so it lands lil after they finish jump or u pop fire trap, also if they jump to you and you got ur totem up they often roast mid air lol. For rhoas etc I just recommend throwing traps mid between you and mobs on their line of dash so they charge tru traps and die. Yes clever construction would help but it costs alot of points to get there... You can compensate with "skillful" performance :) practice until you are comfortable with those since they are those encounters that actually hit pretty hard if you do mistakes on hard mod maps, big hit in the face = stun = no no.

hi again, I tried to analyze my mistakes and I think it is mostly because of me being impatient and going head on with them without proper planning. what I did is as mentioned above got a granite flask and cwdt+ed setup, setup searing bond, or just avoid them completely sometimes.

"

What I did I spammed much ledge in merciless then I spammed lil docks and piety, as those are fps friendly and didn't pose any threat. You can do dominus intead but you will have to watch out for shotgun frogs on the way rofl.

I also do this when Im in act1, I spam ledge to keep up if Im underleveled; act2 fellshrine, and act3 docks. piety is ok too but I hate those miscreations there. havent tried dominus yet but those frogs are annoying too lol.

"

Atm I'm spamming low lvl maps like 70-71 they are dirt cheap to buy off players and still give somewhat lil exp and some orbs / maps. Gotta build some lvl 72 maps pool ;v

Im now lvl 68 and started doing maps. Im not yet familiar so I just use whatever I have atm. I dont like the imperial gardens though (forgot its name) coz it's not fps friendly map.
Ugh ok , busy bee, trying to lvl up eh.. low lvl maps giving shyt exp higher lvl maps not being budget at all :<

Mkai Imma cut it short to 5L dps tooltip with and with out Heralds.

LvL 19 + 2 fire trap as base with linked what you can see gives 4283.7 dps on average (dps tooltip)

Now when I use

LvL 17 Herald of Thunder & Ice.

With heralds on fire trap tooltip goes up to 4986.2 dps on avg. Hence a considerate amount of dps gain from using heralds :)

So let me repeat myself if you can push mp regen of clarity and %mp regen on gear & ES / mana from gear instead of using Discipline do yourself a favor and use Heralds of Thunder & Ice to boost your dps.

Ps. I am aware that dps numbers doesn't look as awesome as for some builds but stuff dies 1 fire trap like 90% stuff on maps :P Worry about surviving hard hitting stuff that is mobile / flickers / narrow spaces desyncs etc lol.
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 20, 2014, 12:30:39 PM
ty for the calculations !
BloodyDualllll
Level 77 Duelist
Hardcore League
Is the "Celestial Punishment" keystone not worth putting those 2 skillpoints into?

I have a Shadow firetrapper, currently lvl 55 and I have a similar skilltree, just reached that keystone and I felt like it boosted my damage massively.
IGN: Khilia / Haakkuu
"
Qvintvs wrote:
Is the "Celestial Punishment" keystone not worth putting those 2 skillpoints into?

I have a Shadow firetrapper, currently lvl 55 and I have a similar skilltree, just reached that keystone and I felt like it boosted my damage massively.

worth picking up if you dont have a high quality inc burn dmg, the dmg increased is quite nice.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Dunno I tried it at it kinda works ... but when stuff dies off 1 fire trap mostly its not that much of a use, I might go back to it on higher lvl maps if my damage turns out to be insufficent. Two more lvls to IR *ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh goes nuts*.

Edit: Kinda stuck now having some troubles buying not overpriced 73 maps :/

Edit: Celestial Punishment is very desirable for party play.
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 21, 2014, 3:05:18 PM
Small update since I hit 88 I decided to switch to IR 1 lvl earlier then planned, so I can pulverize those nasty devourers on dark forest map tee-hee.

I dropped some hp / chaos resists nodes + starting 14% ele dmg node on templar that I will retake on lvl 89, taking those hp / chaos res nodes afterwards on lvls 90-94. I am still able to 1 shot white / blue packs and some of non resistant rares (with help of searing totem) on 73 maps so I'm happy. My hp dropped to 4420 my dps tooltip dropped to 4153 on avg dmg on fire trap.

What is new is armor ! My base armor is now 2619 I run now with grace in alpha's howl which is 16 + 2 puts me to 6005 armor and 15.9k with flask (which bumps to 60% physical dmg reduction), if there is bunch of enemies I can get my endurance charges of endu cry + spell echo (which usually gives 3 charges per cast) puts me to 72% physical damage reduction with everything all together :). My resists are 118% / 109% / 86% / -60% on merciless so not quite there for lightning for 105% resist overcap goal ( for ele weakness maps) however I am sitting on 155 dex now so I'm only 2 points away from 157 dex needed for lvl 22 grace, so it might be possible to drop atziri's foible for some nice and shiny necklace with hp / mp % regen / resists / mp or es + dex / all stats when I find one that is....

Build I'm using on 88 looks like this:

lvl 88

Which will progress into this on lvl 94.

to-be-lvl94

Finally progressing into:
lvl 99 ?

Final build only as hypothesis that I might be able to push in one of Heralds to boost dps lil but alongside of Vitality / Grace and Clarity with lvl 20 or maybe 21 Reduced mana. If not I just pick more hp / dps nodes instead.

Current gear looks like this. Bought myself Alpha's Howl and dropped new ring on 73 map, still need to find better items for gloves / shoes / belt. Preferably with more ES / armor / hp with similar res value, one of those hybrid AR / ES rares with 100% hybrid mod and + ES / hp / 2 res would be awesome XD *Dear Santa....*

MY GEAR

Don't mind the gems cause its all due to change when stuff hits lvl 20 (which is soon) and gets %Q20'ed (some of them) , I plan to try out to swap Endurance Cry for Molten Shell and Run lvl 20 Molten Shell manually along with Vaal Molten if My sockets let me.. Also need to go back to smoke mine which is really miss :(. Me thinks lvl 20 Molten Shell + Faster Casting will do the job like a boss , 2.3k physical dmg absorption (+1k temp armor increase) on top of hp / regen and all armor / endu charges we will have, yes please.

TLDR; Build getting more tanky and still 1 shots stuffs solo on meeps :), FUN!

Edit: Oh yeah I sit on 276.8 hp regen and 338.3 mp regen (which is still within lvl 20 AA * passives safety bracket)

FLASKS

As per flasks I need yo swap out one of those hp flasks for Ruby flask with remove burning for that pesky flameblast exile that I fought like good 5-6 times now and even tho I didn't die I do not feel like 75% res + AA is enough to deal with that guy on hard mod maps like - max res or extra dmg... I still have 2 anti bleed flasks as bleeds used to be really high before I switched to IR / Grace set up and I do run around alot.

If you play on HC get yourself flasks: 1 hp / 1 ruby / 1 topaz / 1 quicksilver / 1 something (granite even if you don't play with IR , some armor better then no armor when you're in a pinch, stuns are meh and Vulnerability mod is something you should be able to deal with)

Last edited by maotzu on Dec 22, 2014, 2:47:06 PM
My Cold Snap NEVER freezes. Any idea why? I might just use Vaal Cold Snap or just ditch it entirely for something else if it never freezes anything
Dunno before I switched to IR / grace I was using Herald or Thunder and Herald of Ice and sometimes herald of ice caused freeze and it proliferated ;o. So im spamming some cheapo 73 maps now lvling bunch of Q20 gems from lvl 1 xD I need some different set up for duo maps with culler coz I kill stuff too fast for him to cull lol prolly gonna swap conc effect for increased aoe so whole screen burns bit slower lel.

Spec is love spec is life ! Much love..

Zana daily gave me poorjoy's asylum and I had pick up group and they all got rekt on like 1/3 map tru and then I soloed rest lol. If it wasn't for IR and armor I would have probably got like 1 shot on trash lol.

Out of shyt of rares that rained upon titty bitch boss death in asylum I found this:

:)

Edit: Went back to manual Endurig Cry With Spell Echo and faster casting more reliable then high lvl molten shell D: Vaal molten shell under consideration ..
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 24, 2014, 9:12:24 AM
wouldnt it be better for a 6 link, when u got searing touch and burn dmg nodes

fire trap, chance ignite, ele prolif, conc effect, fire pen and empower 3+ ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info