[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

"
NeBuLa199 wrote:
Hey there. This build looks really good. I want to ask if this would be viable with a Scion too because i currently have a 103 point lvl 83 scion that i could use for this build. And is this build viable for fast 75+ map farming too?

yes you can do as scion, and with the right gear you can go into maps without problems.

scion tree with 106PTS
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
"
Mawwk wrote:
good job, just wondering, whats ur current firetrap tooltip?

Firetrap 2.9 k
Searing Bond 5.6 < gotta buy empower for this bitch ;s or 6.1 in 1 socket in searing touch rofl XD i guess imma use that until i get empower lmao =_=

okay... +2 fire gem > inc burning damage (gem) for searing bond D:

which means i could squeeze in some sort of lightning warp set up alongside of my smoke mine neat :)
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 16, 2014, 1:32:26 PM
"
maotzu wrote:
"
Mawwk wrote:

Firetrap 2.9 k
Searing Bond 5.6 < gotta buy empower for this bitch ;s or 6.1 in 1 socket in searing touch rofl XD i guess imma use that until i get empower lmao =_=

which means i could squeeze in some sort of lightning warp set up alongside of my smoke mine neat :)

thank you, you should try flame surge + trap instead of searing bond for rares, the dmg its very good and its nice for a nice combo.
Totems for life!
"
Mawwk wrote:
"
maotzu wrote:
"
Mawwk wrote:

Firetrap 2.9 k

thank you, you should try flame surge + trap instead of searing bond for rares, the dmg its very good and its nice for a nice combo.

Yes its nice but I don't really want to be anywhere close to incomming damage xD With that much armor I get stunned pretty often lmao..... I rather toss fire trap and pop totem and kite

Edit: DPS is good solo or 2 man , but its not OpieOP in full party :S But I guess you could still take lotsa dps nodes past lvl 77 which stops at constitution for "core" frame of the build however would have to play carefull XD. I might actually try dps nodes first since I got still like 9 refund points lel and from consitution to IR is like 12 points needed so I can like respec later on when I can actually make transition from those small dps nodes to IR + Alpha's Howl + grace, which should be when I really start to need some extra armor lol. Should be lvl 89 for respec to IR or so.

Edit: 2 finally hit lvl 77 with same gear posted as before have 3.9k hp, just took consitution.
PS. Most rares on low lvl maps die of single fire trap.

Edit 3: found new ring for 1 alchy lol puts me to 4.05 k hp
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 16, 2014, 5:27:52 PM
how do you sustain with this build in merc HC? I just got 30 and feel already totally squishy in normal

i feel like as soon as i reach a3 cruel or a3 merc and get charged by the knights i will rip

Last edited by danteafk on Dec 16, 2014, 10:56:55 PM
"
danteafk wrote:
how do you sustain with this build in merc HC? I just got 30 and feel already totally squishy in normal

i feel like as soon as i reach a3 cruel or a3 merc and get charged by the knights i will rip

depends on your gear, whats ur current hp, mp, artic armour lv?, which skills are you using to lvup?
it may be that you are doing something wrong.
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Dec 17, 2014, 5:08:00 AM
"
danteafk wrote:

To be honest I been using 20% elemental damage base scepter with literally nothing usefull on it until merc A3 lol stuff been burning of 3 link fire trap set up linked to searing bond in 4L lol. Just play smart don't face tank pop your totem ahead. Try get some % mp regen mods so you can sustain AA early on and push to EB. Then try get some resists, I've been dual wielding 2x 20% ele dmg implicit scepters (and one of them was white lol) until I was kinda forced to switch to white shield cause it had BBR linked I could use for Clarity / Disci + reduced Mana XD and it had +12% all resits implicit lmao.

But all there is to do is play smart, you probably know what you are doing anyway. This is not a face tank whole map at once build, gotta move out of "oh shit" zones lol.

PS. I played with 4 Quicksilver flasks and 1 hp flask until merci act 3 lol. Now I play with 3 and 2x HP lol... even tho I didn't roll mine yet. I suggest getting anti freeze flask and anti bleed and SMOKE MINE, smoke mine ninja tehz OpieOP. Freeze for boxes and bleed simply cause we don't have any armor to be honest when stuff puncture it hits pretty hard.

I used Fire trap + chance to ignite + inc burning damage ( for the burn to be somewhat meaningful lol, you can use ele pro instead but then dps might tickle )

REMEMBER SEARING BOND @ LVL 24 = OP / + INC BURNING DMG @ 31 = EVEYTHING REKT.

So do yourself a favor and focus more on searing bond at start then fire trap since it only needs 2 link and scales really well in + 2/3 fire gem scepters (which is by far cheaper then 5-6 L Searing touch). I imagine its pretty important what you pick at start and not to detour on lesser importance nodes, not on HC. You have to draw out some sort of progression and evaluate if it will give you access to stuff like AA , dps boost , hp increase , mp increase before certain lvls so you will be having it easier for some encounters. You can and should probably out lvl areas a lil, is pretty crucial to push to EB simply cause it will help to sustain AA via whatever ES you will have off anything combined with some % mp regen from gear will set you in good mp regen spot. Keep in mind build doesn't offer much resistances of tree it will have to be sourced of your gear thus hp / res gear is pretty much way to go at least until you cap it out. Don't go heavy dps right at the start , do not focus on solely fire trap at the beginning focus on estabilishing some mp for AA, grabbing some hp , and take holy fire for searing bond that will carry you tru early game. One of the reasons I didn't take area radius right off the bat is that searing bond on its own outdoes fire trap dmg by a big big biiiiiiiiiiiig margin early game so use that to your advantage.

Secure dat 30 dex node so you don't struggle with dex early on

Pick Devotion for +20 str and pinch of hp

Pick Holy fire, 23 points you are ready for searing Bond

Pick Cruel Preparation and then Deep Thoughts

Push to EB, 37 points you should be able to run AA now, first milestone achieved

Ps. I know you don't get searing bond at lvl 1 but you get molten strike early on , you can use it with 2 claws that drop from caves before merveil they heal like 8 hp per hit so thats 16 hp gained per hit combined with no link molten strike = nice consistent aoe with lotsa lotsa heal. That's what I used with fire trap before I got ma searing bond. Toss a trap and spam molten strike , gg win.
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 17, 2014, 6:56:46 AM
thanks for the tips! appreciated.
For those of you curious what I was for me to pay for items I use

paid 45c ( was one socket initially, got very lucky on 2 fuse 5L, ate like 70-80 jews to make it 6s)
paid 1 ex 14c 1 gcp (ate like 120 jews to make 5s not lucky... 4L on 3rd fuse)
dropped on piety merciless runs i think
paid 6c worth of mixed currencies
paid 1c
paid 6c worth of mixed currencies
paid 1c
paid 1 alchy rolflmao buy of the league.
paid 2 regrets

So as you can see not one of those 20-50 ex worth of currency gear builds. Not the very best gear tho. The most expensivee items are staff and chest prolly but prices drop when market saturates with supply so I would imagine you can look out for a bargain and try get staff / chest for about 1 ex ~ of currencies or smth about it with reasonable rolls. Everything else can be rare stuffed with res / hp / mp regen / flat mp and MANDATORY 30% MS speed shoes, makes a massive difference. Atziri's Foible is optional, personally I like reduced gem / items stat requirements makes everything little bit more flexible as teh tree doesn't provide enough dex to use high lvl Fire trap would have to have dex on gear somewhere + tons of mp regen % and chunk of mp.

Do not mind gems in helmet they are just lvling xD

NOTE: Make sure you got weapons on swap with maxium possible sockets it will let you lvl up along 6 more gems at time for everything that you could possibly want to use at some point.

Gotta sort out my terrible flasks ...

Make sure to have anti freeze / removes bleeding / removes curse flasks.
Never had problem with burn so far.
Stun can be nasty beware high physical dmg stuffs (like we got those silly "possesed" Exiles in torment lol)

And one more tip if something costs little currency lets say 1-3 worth of chaos orbs and is a good upgrade to your resistances do not hesitate to buy, being self found for purpose of saving little orbs is not going to help anyhow. Begin capped on res helps alot and no such thing as too much hp > You do not have armor. Always be on looks out for items that have hp and 2 res and sill have slot for suffix (3rd res master craft) those items are usually not cheap but sometimes you can snatch a bargain.

Wanderlust and goldrim would be amazing start up uniques to have.
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 17, 2014, 8:16:33 AM
Why do you have Discipline aura? Since if you cast it you basically loose more mana then you gain with it? or am i missing some game mechanics here?
BloodyDualllll
Level 77 Duelist
Hardcore League

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info