[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

"
onsy wrote:
Why do you have Discipline aura? Since if you cast it you basically loose more mana then you gain with it? or am i missing some game mechanics here?

MP regen scales of your total mana pool so the higher mp you have the more regen you will pull of same mp% regen on gear / tree etc. You can drop Discipline if you had godlike ES on gear somewhere. It doesn't matter how much unreserved mp you have as AA doesn't fall off.
lols.. ok as example I have this gear now:

STUFF

and I use this tree
lvl 82

I sit on 2465 mana total and 199.3 mp regen no auras active.
With clarity I have 329 mp regen
With clarity & Discipline my total mp goes up to 3450 and my mp regen is 408.7
I also use vitality tho its unrelated to mp regen with all 3 auras I have 622 mana unreserved.

But I plan to change build or try other variants when I hit 89-90. With maybe IR / Alpha's Howl and Grace but will quite likely require more ES of gear to compensate for Discipline....

Flat ES scales mp pool very well in this build as we get both mana and ES % nodes on tree, in case of Discipline it benefits also from Inner Force cluster and Devotion node (increased buff effects), hence why such a mp regen boost of Discipline.
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 18, 2014, 7:59:41 AM
Dunno if its forums acting up but im having some wierd issues when i try post :/
hi, which is better to link to fire trap and ele prolif, chance to ignite or burning damage?
"
xyzcxz wrote:
hi, which is better to link to fire trap and ele prolif, chance to ignite or burning damage?

Both cause to proliferate you need to ignite so chance to ignite comes first but with out inc burning damage , burn will be kinda not as amazing as it would be with it xD. Also Qualilty on inc burning damage gives chance to ignite. If you are going to save up for Searing Touch staff 4L is pretty easy to get on it. You could try also 1h variant with Doryani's Catalyst which has build in ele proliferation :).

If you are thinking about some super skinny budget set up with +2 scepter I would rather have Searing bond with inc burning damage in weapon and then I would get some inexpensive 5L chest piece and have my fire trap in chest for 5L set up which is str0nk.

But if you can't have 4L set up I guess chance to ignite comes first.
"
maotzu wrote:
"
xyzcxz wrote:

Both cause to proliferate you need to ignite so chance to ignite comes first but with out inc burning damage , burn will be kinda not as amazing as it would be with it xD. Also Qualilty on inc burning damage gives chance to ignite. If you are going to save up for Searing Touch staff 4L is pretty easy to get on it. You could try also 1h variant with Doryani's Catalyst which has build in ele proliferation :).

If you are thinking about some super skinny budget set up with +2 scepter I would rather have Searing bond with inc burning damage in weapon and then I would get some inexpensive 5L chest piece and have my fire trap in chest for 5L set up which is str0nk.

But if you can't have 4L set up I guess chance to ignite comes first.

thank you being informative! this is only my 2nd character so Im not that knowledgeable yet. Im on a tight budget so I guess Ill just follow your advice and look for a cheap +2 scepter and 5L chest.

Im now in merc lvl 62 with 2k life, max res, and lvl 10 arctic armor and my only problem so far in this build is when I encounter these leap and charge mobs
"
xyzcxz wrote:

thank you being informative! this is only my 2nd character so Im not that knowledgeable yet. Im on a tight budget so I guess Ill just follow your advice and look for a cheap +2 scepter and 5L chest.

Im now in merc lvl 62 with 2k life, max res, and lvl 10 arctic armor and my only problem so far in this build is when I encounter these leap and charge mobs

yeah, they are pretty annoying, the best way to deal with them its going to clever and construction, so the traps dont get destroyed for leapers/ mage archers, or just pop a granite flask when you see they jumping on you.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
"
maotzu wrote:

and I use this tree
lvl 82

I also use vitality tho its unrelated to mp regen with all 3 auras I have 622 mana unreserved.

But I plan to change build or try other variants when I hit 89-90. With maybe IR / Alpha's Howl and Grace but will quite likely require more ES of gear to compensate for Discipline....

Flat ES scales mp pool very well in this build as we get both mana and ES % nodes on tree, in case of Discipline it benefits also from Inner Force cluster and Devotion node (increased buff effects), hence why such a mp regen boost of Discipline.

I noticed i dont have mana problems, so instead of Discipline i just cast herald of thunder and ice to get even more dps on the trap.
MY GEAR

Maybe when i have 5/6-link then i will get mana problems. I am at lvl 83 now.
My tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswceCPQMfQ5IEH8RlhJpFm8XHBhlGjgabB8CJKomlScvKPopTyqNMjQ2xTbYNuk6WDwFPV9Bh0PIRZ1G10kbSVFMs08EUlNTUlVLVcZboF3yXyph4mP9aPJqQ2sXbRlxeXGFeuZ8Dn5Zf8aCHoKbgseD24dljDaQVZUglS6XlZf0mjua4J1jna6iAKKjpLGnCKdVrJivt7c-uJO86sAawFTB89gk2L3a3dsL4XPjauQi5Y7r5Ovu7DjsVe988B_w1fFs-ej-Cg==
BloodyDualllll
Level 77 Duelist
Hardcore League
Last edited by onsy on Dec 19, 2014, 6:45:13 AM
"
Mawwk wrote:
"
xyzcxz wrote:

yeah, they are pretty annoying, the best way to deal with them its going to clever and construction, so the traps dont get destroyed for leapers/ mage archers, or just pop a granite flask when you see they jumping on you.

When I notice there are jumpers and charges I just try pop totem ahead and time my fire trap properly so it lands lil after they finish jump or u pop fire trap, also if they jump to you and you got ur totem up they often roast mid air lol. For rhoas etc I just recommend throwing traps mid between you and mobs on their line of dash so they charge tru traps and die. Yes clever construction would help but it costs alot of points to get there... You can compensate with "skillful" performance :) practice until you are comfortable with those since they are those encounters that actually hit pretty hard if you do mistakes on hard mod maps, big hit in the face = stun = no no.

What I did I spammed much ledge in merciless then I spammed lil docks and piety, as those are fps friendly and didn't pose any threat. You can do dominus intead but you will have to watch out for shotgun frogs on the way rofl.

Atm I'm spamming low lvl maps like 70-71 they are dirt cheap to buy off players and still give somewhat lil exp and some orbs / maps. Gotta build some lvl 72 maps pool ;v

I've tried taking Saboteur cluster but not tooltip dmg nor clear speed wasnt any better then with elemental nodes and 3 points breakdown gives 13% dmg per node which is okayish but nothing special.

Also tried Celestial Punishment which is not as amazing as I thought it would be (not at least for solo gameplay , I did notice dps increase in party play tho, which i rarely do...)

I feel little bit mixed about chance to ignite I got 50% chance to ignite on fire trap thanks to Q12 inc burning damage gem and chance to ignite and flammability provides another 13% chance and I never seem to fail to ignite packs. Even those Immune to curse maps usually ignite on first fire trap. So I think imma stay away from chance to ignite nodes and build it up with Q20 inc burning damage eventually and lvl 20 chance to ignite instead. Mind you -fire res that flammability provides is huge dps boost resistant stuff with like fire resist or elemental resists melts significantly faster.

I was trying pick small dps nodes here and there and dps tooltip goes up but with 5L searing touch wherever it was with or with out them white / blue trash still dies 1 fire trap so I think I will stick to IR plan and once I have it I will just either try top up hp or dps nodes or maybe pick those increased skill effect nodes "exceptional performance". Its cool not to be super glass and if you maps with extra dmg mods with build in curses such as vulnerability / ele weakness / - max res, you need to be bulkier ;s.

So the plan is to head to IR get like 30-35% base physical damage reduction and try to achieve 105% of each resistance apart from chaos res (just to be able to do ele weakness maps with no penalty). Gonna need some awesome gloves / shoes and better rings and maybe swap necklace if I find something really good. Been trying to check xyz really often for upgrades but nada :(
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 19, 2014, 5:56:58 PM
"
onsy wrote:
"
maotzu wrote:

and I use this tree
lvl 82

I noticed i dont have mana problems, so instead of Discipline i just cast herald of thunder and ice to get even more dps on the trap.
MY GEAR

Maybe when i have 5/6-link then i will get mana problems. I am at lvl 83 now.
My tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswceCPQMfQ5IEH8RlhJpFm8XHBhlGjgabB8CJKomlScvKPopTyqNMjQ2xTbYNuk6WDwFPV9Bh0PIRZ1G10kbSVFMs08EUlNTUlVLVcZboF3yXyph4mP9aPJqQ2sXbRlxeXGFeuZ8Dn5Zf8aCHoKbgseD24dljDaQVZUglS6XlZf0mjua4J1jna6iAKKjpLGnCKdVrJivt7c-uJO86sAawFTB89gk2L3a3dsL4XPjauQi5Y7r5Ovu7DjsVe988B_w1fFs-ej-Cg==

Is not about 5-6 link but about inner force + devotion multiplier vs lvl 20 AA gem. So before you get your gem to lvl 20 you can flex for heralds. Maybe even after if you had good accesories with % mp regen.

And I did a trip on AA calculations in some posts before I think:

lvl 20 AA has 229.7 total mobile mana drain so that times 1.26 (inner force + devotion) = 289.442 lets rounds it up to 290 for ease :P

So 290 mp regen to sustain lvl 20 AA running around which is not much

lvl 21 AA eats 239.2 * 1.26 = 301.392 round it up to 302 for ease :P

lvl 22 AA eats 249 * 1.26 = 313.74

Its not that super heavy on mp regen, gotta buy empower I think and start lvling it.

So I got 310 mp regen with out my Discipline and Helmet which is almost enough for lvl 22 AA, which is good news ! Should be lil higher since I will be casting lvl 22 clarity of Alpha's. I guess IR plan is little more realistic now I think of it :)

PS. Imma try Heralds for myself just out of curiosity for DPS tooltip, since my AA is not quite there lvl 20.. I can drop Discipline for time being.

Edit: Heralds seem to be pretty good especially for budget or 4L set ups Imma try lvl up my gems to 17 to bring up some numbers for 4L / 5l fire trap set ups. Gotta spam dem meeps..

Edit: If your mp regen is enough to sustain AA with out Discipline roll with Ice & Thunder Heralds for purpose of lvling or if your set up is budget and you are unable to 1 hit trash on maps. Details tbc... still lvling gems D:
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 19, 2014, 11:54:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info