[1.2.0] Dominus + All Maps MF Dual Striker

Just curious if there have been any changes to the build. im leveling a duelist right now. :)
"
poyozzo wrote:
Hello,

I talked to you in game, maybe you remind me (Faalks). I'm lvl75 duelist, following your build now. I've been farming Piety a lot, not only for drops but because of exp on the way to her area; I found that doing so is faster lvling than custom maps.
I was planning to start Dominus runs now, I still dont have all items you post in your guide, but I find it very hard to kill Dominus first form without dying (several times). The second one is quite easy, so maybe you could tell how is your strategy to kill him. I am able to farm him, but I do some runs whenever I level up, so I won't lose any exp.

Also, I'm posting my items below, maybe you could give some advice on what to get next; I got 65~75% on all resists with the items below. I know my flasks are probably the first thing to improve though ;)
Thanks for your help so far.

Hey. I did farm piety a couple times before dominus but I prefer dominus since it I got used to run to him, not so much running to piety. but I believe it would be preference (and the ilvl that drops, 70 from dominus and 68 for piety? - a couple more items you can drop on dominus that cant be found on piety, like windripper I believe, which I dropped one on dominus)

Tips for dominus:
first form:
-if you get trapped on the lightning totems, get out, kill totems, go back in
-if hes gonna punch you (the punch of god), you need around 4k life with 75 resists to not get 1shotted (if you are shocked or on a shocking ground, get out.)
-topaz flask helps too for 10+ max lightning resist
-if he throws lightnign sparks at you, you can pop a life flask with fast recovery (Catalysed Eternal flask, for example). Also, using rumi's concoction flask helps a bit with it.

Second form:
-with blood rage on you can outleech up to 4 stacks of bleeding. if more, use a remove bleeding flask
-if ranged adds spawn, leap slam to them, kill them, leap slam back to boss

I hope that helps. and GL with the drops
IGN: Pedrikosa or Pedrikoza
Last edited by pedrike on Sep 15, 2014, 12:19:41 AM
"
trimagnus wrote:
For someone who doesn't expect to afford a Bringer of Rain or other expensive items (Soul Taker, mostly), does this build still hold up (until a decently high level anyway)?

Also, seconding another reply: is there a recommended leveling path? Like, rush to resolute technique, then the other keystones, filling in other nodes as needed? Something else?

Thanks for taking the time to write this build. Looks pretty solid!

I leveled this build twice, on rampage and previously on the 1month league. If you are a duelist, then yes, I think its better to get resolute technique first (not 100% straight, you can get a couple dps nodes on the way too, but aim to get it by level 50 at least

about the bringer of the rain, since it was so cheap on the 1month league (1-2ex), I wrote as being the best option, but seeing it for 7+ex early on rampage, you can definetly skip it. I skipped it myself, and actually if I found one I would sell it because you need more important items and also you can put resist + MF on a rare helm
"
gghydra wrote:
I'm new to POE. Can you post a leveling guide showing which passives to get by level 30, 50, and 75? Also, what skills/items can be used to help you level the character fast and easy?

yea, I will work on the low level passives and should be updated soon.

About the fast leveling, I actually didnt think about an optimized way to make it a very effective and fast leveling. Both 2 times I leveled this build as a duelist, I used dual strike all the way (you can add Melee physical damage, multistrike, melee splash when you have a good dps with it)

for very early levels and early leagues that you dont have multistrike or other gems, you can use dual strike as your single target skill and something like Cleave for AoE DPS
"
Griever114 wrote:
Just curious if there have been any changes to the build. im leveling a duelist right now. :)

Yes, there have been some changes to the build, i will update some of them
Hi, thanks for this build thread. I used a lot of the ideas you came up with to make my second character for Rampage. I wanted to make a magic find character, but I don't enjoy doing boss runs too much. I also didn't want to have to do any gear swaps to get my rarity up for bosses and such, other than the alternate weapon swaps. This would mean wearing 2x andvarius while mapping (including solo), so that pretty much confined me to the bottom left part of the tree, which has the scion and marauder +resist nodes. This was the only build i found that looked like a build I would enjoy playing. (I have tried flame totem before, and I did not like the playstyle.)

I played a bunch on my first character in Rampage, getting about 15 exalts worth of currency in the first 2 weeks or so, which allowed me to go straight to the soul taker version. While Bringer of Rain would be awesome to use, I can't make up the resists elsewhere, so I just use Belly of the Beast and an okay rarity helm.

Being an extremely greedy MF mapper didn't come without problems though. 75 and up maps are pretty difficult solo. I spend so many points getting resists, I end up lacking heavily on many of the important points for the build. I can farm 73s and 74s pretty easily though, which I'm happy with, since you only miss out on the very top tier mods this way. You can also just run the highest level maps anyway, if you dont mind using a few portals (not viable for hardcore while soloing using this version of the build haha.)

Here's my current gear: (297/18 culling on normal rares, weapon swap to 378/34 for unique enemies)
Spoiler

helm and belt can be improved eventually if needed. Offensive auras on weapon to create a mana deficit while weapon swapped, allowing for Distillate use. (I don't really use distillate on normal rare monsters.)

And my passive tree (lvl 87):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAF4B5wUtCC4JWAqbDjwR1RQgFFIVIBcdGJEY2xmOGlUi4iSbJvgnCycvKaUqTSzpMHc0kzboOlI_J0F0QqNE50ZpR35H4kp9SshOKlBHU99XDVeXWK9Y21uvXLBfP2BBYEthIWNwZKNlTWWnZ6BqHnKpdO12K3jreu982YCKguSDtoTZhO-HdoqvkAqQEZHOlZuZK5stm4Ofy6Q5pKynMKgYtkG77byfvYG-p8EEwYvQgdIh037T_Nun3Q3iYeOf5wrtg-8O73rv4_Iv9zL3TfzF

Obviously change tree as needed for resists.
You need high level reduced manas to be able to run Grace, Hatred, and Herald of Ash together. (along with the reduced mana reserved nodes) I have lvl 20 reduced mana on my hatred and HoA, and lvl 19 reduced mana on my grace. This leaves me with 0 mana unreserved.

possible improvements:
-I use cleave as my culling attack. To be honest I did not think real hard about what the best melee culling skill would be. It's possible that cleave is suboptimal.
-craft a different 1h axe that has good dps AND has a resist. this would allow me to drop some resist on another piece of gear, to make upgrades easier.
-need more INT for the build. I'm already stretching pretty thin on INT nodes to take, and would like to remove the crafted res on my amulet for some INT also.
-could try some fancy culling stuff in the alternate weapon slot. Possibly use a dagger with +50 INT to be able to use a higher level item rarity gem. Craft the dagger with "gems are linked to lvl 1 blood magic" (I think vagan can do this), and use reave, culling strike, item rarity to cull while using wheel of the stormsail.

Thanks again for the build thread, helped a lot when playing my character. Sorry if this is too long-winded >_>
Nice build, it's the first character I've made that can both facetank dominus and kill him quickly. Two questions though...

Is 20% iiq from goldwyrm really worth more than the stats you could get on normal boots? Is a level 20 reduced mana gem and 4% less reserved from tree enough to run grace, hatred and herald of ash?
"
Mongeese wrote:
Hi, thanks for this build thread. I used a lot of the ideas you came up with to make my second character for Rampage. I wanted to make a magic find character, but I don't enjoy doing boss runs too much. I also didn't want to have to do any gear swaps to get my rarity up for bosses and such, other than the alternate weapon swaps. This would mean wearing 2x andvarius while mapping (including solo), so that pretty much confined me to the bottom left part of the tree, which has the scion and marauder +resist nodes. This was the only build i found that looked like a build I would enjoy playing. (I have tried flame totem before, and I did not like the playstyle.)

I played a bunch on my first character in Rampage, getting about 15 exalts worth of currency in the first 2 weeks or so, which allowed me to go straight to the soul taker version. While Bringer of Rain would be awesome to use, I can't make up the resists elsewhere, so I just use Belly of the Beast and an okay rarity helm.

Being an extremely greedy MF mapper didn't come without problems though. 75 and up maps are pretty difficult solo. I spend so many points getting resists, I end up lacking heavily on many of the important points for the build. I can farm 73s and 74s pretty easily though, which I'm happy with, since you only miss out on the very top tier mods this way. You can also just run the highest level maps anyway, if you dont mind using a few portals (not viable for hardcore while soloing using this version of the build haha.)

Here's my current gear: (297/18 culling on normal rares, weapon swap to 378/34 for unique enemies)
Spoiler

helm and belt can be improved eventually if needed. Offensive auras on weapon to create a mana deficit while weapon swapped, allowing for Distillate use. (I don't really use distillate on normal rare monsters.)

And my passive tree (lvl 87):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAF4B5wUtCC4JWAqbDjwR1RQgFFIVIBcdGJEY2xmOGlUi4iSbJvgnCycvKaUqTSzpMHc0kzboOlI_J0F0QqNE50ZpR35H4kp9SshOKlBHU99XDVeXWK9Y21uvXLBfP2BBYEthIWNwZKNlTWWnZ6BqHnKpdO12K3jreu982YCKguSDtoTZhO-HdoqvkAqQEZHOlZuZK5stm4Ofy6Q5pKynMKgYtkG77byfvYG-p8EEwYvQgdIh037T_Nun3Q3iYeOf5wrtg-8O73rv4_Iv9zL3TfzF

Obviously change tree as needed for resists.
You need high level reduced manas to be able to run Grace, Hatred, and Herald of Ash together. (along with the reduced mana reserved nodes) I have lvl 20 reduced mana on my hatred and HoA, and lvl 19 reduced mana on my grace. This leaves me with 0 mana unreserved.

possible improvements:
-I use cleave as my culling attack. To be honest I did not think real hard about what the best melee culling skill would be. It's possible that cleave is suboptimal.
-craft a different 1h axe that has good dps AND has a resist. this would allow me to drop some resist on another piece of gear, to make upgrades easier.
-need more INT for the build. I'm already stretching pretty thin on INT nodes to take, and would like to remove the crafted res on my amulet for some INT also.
-could try some fancy culling stuff in the alternate weapon slot. Possibly use a dagger with +50 INT to be able to use a higher level item rarity gem. Craft the dagger with "gems are linked to lvl 1 blood magic" (I think vagan can do this), and use reave, culling strike, item rarity to cull while using wheel of the stormsail.

Thanks again for the build thread, helped a lot when playing my character. Sorry if this is too long-winded >_>

Hello! nice stuff indeed.
I wouldnt use andvarius all the time, the -resists on them is so much to handle!
I prefer to use some resist rings (maybe with some iir for maps) + life + phys dmg etc..
doing that, I can make up for the lack of int with perandus belt, 20% resist and 20-30 stats, not to mention the quantity and you can get one with +1 max endurance charge
you can still run with 200+ iir at all times, and with soul taker your mana is aways zero, that means you can make good use of divination flasks

I actually sold my most of my items of this build on rampage, because I wanted to try a caster build (sadly with no IIR on this one)

but good luck on the drops!
"
shadowscion wrote:
Nice build, it's the first character I've made that can both facetank dominus and kill him quickly. Two questions though...

Is 20% iiq from goldwyrm really worth more than the stats you could get on normal boots? Is a level 20 reduced mana gem and 4% less reserved from tree enough to run grace, hatred and herald of ash?

lets talk about the boots:

-its not only the 20% you get from it, you also get 40-50% fire resist, which is good once you need to max your resists.

-Rare boots have higher movement speed, but that doesnt really effect the build since you should be moving around with leap slam

About the auras, I think yes, its possible to run all 3 with just the lvl 20 reduced mana, but your mana would be very close to zero, making it harder to use your divination flask properly.. Maybe with a 4% node it would help with that
Yo, been loving this build and can comfortably farm piety. I want to step up to dominus (might even be able to do it now) but I am not sure where to upgrade my gear. I am pretty much entirely missing rarity but I can't swap much out without losing resists.

Spoiler

I can work in Aursieze fairly easily but losing damage. I can swap megi's for a resist/life belt but I lose damage and life. I have a stone ammy but I can't swap that in and do aursieze. I would love to get a bringer, but that really hoses me for resists. (Plus I am still not quite rich enough for multi-ex pieces.)

Thoughts? My HP is 3.4k with 11k dps with added fire and <9k with melee splash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info