[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

Going to give the budget version a shot in Beyond. Never tried a MOM build yet. Little worried about Chaos resistance and lack of armor against the haste melee beyond mobs. I'm assuming it will pay off when I can run EB/MOM/AA?
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
"
ffhighwind wrote:
Going to give the budget version a shot in Beyond. Never tried a MOM build yet. Little worried about Chaos resistance and lack of armor against the haste melee beyond mobs. I'm assuming it will pay off when I can run EB/MOM/AA?
AA + MoM is the substitute for lack of armor when the hits do go through. I'm told armor blocks up to 1 point of damage for every 12 points of armor, so 12k armor can block up to 1k damage. By contrast, if I take a really really bad smash that hits for 5k damage (e.g. lvl78 Dominus), MoM will soak 1.5k damage, making it more effective than 20k armor in that situation if we consider the damage reduction cap and diminishing returns.

Chaos isn't that much of a problem as long as you run good flasks and you have a source of leech. I find that chaos damage is very easy to avoid and the buffed life flasks let me sustain extended strolls though high-damage poison clouds.

The build struggles a little mid-game, but once you get close to the full build with the rathpith setup at 70+, it really excels in durability. The growing pains can be deadly though.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 24, 2014, 10:25:27 PM
Is there any reason to use ball lighting as the curse hitter rather than another arc?
Git R Dun!
what should I do with bandits ?

Bandits:
N: Oak or Passive
C: Alira
M: Passive
Should i be picking up blood magic at the very emd of the lvling 85 build for the poor mans setup.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Is there any reason to use ball lighting as the curse hitter rather than another arc?
Check the Jungle Valley video. In situations like that, it's far more viable to use BL. Pack sizes frequently exceed ~7 mobs so Arc isn't good for it.

"
Should i be picking up blood magic at the very emd of the lvling 85 build for the poor mans setup.
You should take it relatively early.

I'm assuming that by lvl85, you can afford a Rathpith...

"
Sinnerrr wrote:
what should I do with bandits ?

Bandits:
N: Oak or Passive
C: Alira
M: Passive
Yea, exactly what I put in the original post.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Is there any alternatives for must have gear? Since can't find Rathpith in poe.xyz, lapis amulet at least can found, but not with those mentioned stats. Is it worth to start without these? Making 3rd arc witch but at 60+ i'm lost, then maps starting..
"
Matematikas wrote:
Is there any alternatives for must have gear? Since can't find Rathpith in poe.xyz, lapis amulet at least can found, but not with those mentioned stats. Is it worth to start without these? Making 3rd arc witch but at 60+ i'm lost, then maps starting..
Spell block can be obtained from Rathpith, Rainbowstrides, and Lazhwar. Since Rathpith and Rainbowstrides are usually the same cost but the rathpith-lazhwar combo is superior, there's really no alternative to this setup. You can use a generic shield until you can get your hands on a Rathpith, but your defense against spell damage and offense will be lacking until you can actually get one.

You don't have to have a corrupted Lazhwar, you can just not use dual-curse or use a Doedre's or Windscream for dual-curse.
Im 60+ and having serious issues about mana right now. MoM drains up too much with or without arctic armor.
Endgame build going to compensate with blocks leeching mana but I couldn't gather all the block nodes at this moment.
1-) Do you think I should go for Mana regen nodes first or block nodes ? Its been really painful to run around and wait for mana up to this point.
2-) Why did you get evasion on your gear ? Since we get Unwavering Stance doesn't it all goes to waste ?

Sorry if my questions are a bit noobish. Its been 1 month since I started the game. Pretty solid looking build so far.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by arteqt on Aug 25, 2014, 12:19:43 PM
"
arteqt wrote:
Im 60+ and having serious issues about mana right now. MoM drains up too much with or without arctic armor.
Endgame build going to compensate with blocks leeching mana but I couldn't gather all the block nodes at this moment.
1-) Do you think I should go for Mana regen nodes first or block nodes ? Its been really painful to run around and wait for mana up to this point.
2-) Why did you get evasion on your gear ? Since we get Unwavering Stance doesn't it all goes to waste ?
3-)You mentioned after having 3k+ mana and lvl20 Mana Reduction gem we could run Discipline for mana regen. How does discipline gives us more mana regen ? I didnt see any %mana regen nodes.

Sorry if my questions are a bit noobish. Its been 1 month since I started the game. Pretty solid looking build so far.

Thanks in advance

1. If you're having serious mana issues, check your rings! Your rings should have 80% mana regen together at the bare minimum. Look at my rings - I'm running T1 and T2 mana regen for over 110% regen put together. Make sure you have the following important regen nodes as well:
-Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration: at the very start of witch, on the right side.
-Deep Thoughts
-Quick Recovery

Also, make sure to use mana pots.

2. Yea, the evasion gear is left over from my previous build, which used the dexterity path through the shadow-ranger side. The helmet's mana, life, and resists are pretty irreplaceable so the eva-es base is moot, but the gloves are really bad and I would go with a pure-ES glove if possible.

3. In case you were unaware, you regenerate an additional 1.75% of your base mana as base regen. That means for every 1000 mana, you have 17.5 base mana regen which actually is a lot considering the +140% from the tree and the +80-120% you should be getting from your two rings. Discipline takes away unreserved mana as a downside, but the boosted base mana gives higher mana regen for better sustain until you can really get better gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info