[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

Looks like a solid build — definitely what I'm going to start building after my last witch ripped in beyond. Quick question — any particular reason you're using ball lightning rather than arc for the CoH?
"
slowhanded wrote:
Quick question — any particular reason you're using ball lightning rather than arc for the CoH?

I can answer this one: Because Ball Lightning can hit more than six targets.
@Fhark, a tree like that was among the theorycrafted tree candidates for the build. The reason why that tree won't work is because it lacks Quick Recovery and Shaper, which are almost essential for the build.

@consca, a block lazh is viable end-game because it saves you a block node which you can spec into life with. Not as good as a +curse lazhwar but certainly better than an uncorrupted or failcorrupted lazh. I would honestly choose a block lazhwar over a %damageasmana lazhwar given the situations I get myself into.

@slowhanded, watch the Jungle Valley demo.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
This has to be the laziest build I've ever played. I mean that in a good way. With Curse on Hit, it becomes a matter of just sitting there and holding down one key, with the cursor pointed sort of vaguely in the general direction of a mob. Also -- Elreon missions are hilariously easy and little effort.

Kind of refreshing after playing a lot of desync-prone cyclone builds.
Last edited by HoosTrax on Sep 22, 2014, 3:59:41 PM
Anybody else finding it near impossible to find a +1 to curse Stone of Lazwhar on POExyz? There has only been one listed for days and dude wants 4ex.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
@Taiberius, let's just say that those things are very, very rare.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
@Taiberius, let's just say that those things are very, very rare.

I finally got blessed by the Gods. Bought a low rolled uncorrupted Stone for 6c and vaal'd it myself and...

Hopefully the low roll on the mana and castspeed isn't to big of a factor. My witch is still a baby at lvl31, but I'm already loving the curse on hit mechanic with conductivity. Can't wait to try CoH with both curses.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Last edited by Taiberius on Sep 22, 2014, 9:43:31 PM
One last question that I'm sure has been answered — what's the trade-off of using CoD and saving passives to use elsewhere versus the current tree? Sorry for the dumb question, spellcaster trees are completely foreign to me.
"
slowhanded wrote:
One last question that I'm sure has been answered — what's the trade-off of using CoD and saving passives to use elsewhere versus the current tree? Sorry for the dumb question, spellcaster trees are completely foreign to me.
When you use CoD, you have 4 extra points to spend (although those 4 extra points should go towards more mana + life to make up for the CoD's stats), and it gives you a decent amount of mana regen which is great for AA sustain. In addition, the amount of damage converted to mana per hit is greater so your effective HP goes up. The downside is that CoD gives a mediocre amount of base mana which doesn't synergize very well with its higher mana consumption.

When you grab the nodes, you get the 30 dex along the way, and you also get to use whatever chest you want. Usually, any half-decent vaal regalia will give way more base mana than CoD for those hard hits, and if you can find one with life and resists it'll help a ton with survivability.

You should use CoD if it's available to you and you have a comfortable amount of base mana + mana regen to sustain it, and you have a comfortable level of HP/resists. Otherwise, stick with an ES chest.
"
Taiberius wrote:
Anybody else finding it near impossible to find a +1 to curse Stone of Lazwhar on POExyz? There has only been one listed for days and dude wants 4ex.

I was in the same position. I actually had better luck creating a WTB party and in a few hours someone answered and I bought mine for 3 Ex (good luck finding it cheaper than that on Rampage).

Another question for Kitteh - I've just dropped Death and Taxes, what's your opinion on running that (probably with 1 other party member)? I've never done the map and heard it's proper full on, but really want to get the boss for that challenge ? Any tips or shared experiences ? Thanks!
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info