[1.2]Voltax Rift LA Frenzy

"
Turtledove wrote:
My character is still significantly weaker now than in release 1.1. I'm having more difficulty running level 70 maps now than I had running level 73 maps previously. What are others experiencing?

I modified my passive tree to more closely follow Slayer's suggestion. My character is much closer to the 1.1 version now. Although I do miss the "cannot be frozen" mod from Alpha's Howl. At least now though I think I may be able to start grinding to try to reach level 88. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
My character is still significantly weaker now than in release 1.1. I'm having more difficulty running level 70 maps now than I had running level 73 maps previously. What are others experiencing?

I modified my passive tree to more closely follow Slayer's suggestion. My character is much closer to the 1.1 version now. Although I do miss the "cannot be frozen" mod from Alpha's Howl. At least now though I think I may be able to start grinding to try to reach level 88. :-)

better to go in a group so you get more exp and you dun hve to tank mobs
IGN:RangerRazor
*RaZor's Shop*[with price*cheap*] :http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/460710
Has anyone considered perhaps trying out a similar build to this but instead of LA, try using Tornado Shot? The reason I ask is because TS isn't reliant on a physical damage conversion like LA is and instead has basically a 'more' modifier on it that can scale with either physical or elemental damage. Also, it can open up possibilities with using something as simple as TS > GMP > Pierce and equip a Drillneck Quiver. Yes, you'd lose out on some crit chance and multiplier from the quiver, but you're able to gain 100% increased projectile damage from it and pierce is very strong with Tornado Shot and how it works. Not to mention you also get an extra 10% projectile damage from the quality bonus on TS.

While I know this probably isn't the most optimal setup, you could potentially get something like this on a Voltaxic:

TS > GMP > Pierce > WED > Added Lightning/Added Chaos > PCoC

The only issue I can see is running into mana problems, especially if you're wanting to run auras. You'd have to switch something out in the setup to run Blood Magic and then you'd be locked into LL in that case. There is the lightning Dory's belt, but considering it's lightning leech and your lightning damage is converted to chaos damage, I don't think it's going to work.
Hi thanks for your replies.

"
slayer7410 wrote:
...I did toy with Thunderfists. Mostly because it compensates some for one of the weaknesses in this build. That is lone bosses. When there's only one monster and nothing to chain between then single monsters can sometimes be a problem. Thunderfists work well for that issue with the frenzy gem in the thunderfists but overall I agree that Maliagro's work better.

Yep, I went with Thunderfist for single target. I like playing in full parties. For the really dangerous monsters, I found, if I run I die. Best chance is to stand and fight with Frenzy and leech and hope I don't run out of pots. I tested Maligaros v Thunderfist.

Magligaros Frenzy + WED with auras
Default: 11,471
6 Frenzy charges: 17,689

Thunderfist Frenzy + WED with auras
Default: 12,691
6 Frenzy charges: 19,309

So I went with Thunderfist for higher damage for what kills me most often.

"
slayer7410 wrote:
2) dw about curse, you can kill so quickly that casting a curse and shoot probably slows down the killings HAHA (thats the down side of casting 4 auras, but who cares about curses anyway), better not waste any effort to make mana for curses.

You're right about not trying to curse before AOE. But for the dangerous monsters I need something defensive like Enfeeble, Temporal Chains... That could make the difference for the monsters I can't kill. And with only 5 mana pool right now, I can't even get out of Bear Trap. I'm avoiding the Villa.

"
slayer7410 wrote:
WHY dont you drop FA for Chain(you really should try it)? Im sure it will work much better, coz the whole point of using LA instead of SA is that LA + chain is too good !!...

I can try to retest. Also dropped Static Blows for more damage, because it didn't seem to do much. Crit is 24.7%. Here's the passive tree:

EDIT: 6th time I'm redoing this tree so assume there's mistakes in it. I don't know why they can't make this easier.

DELETED TREE 7th time and still mistakes in it. I can't put up an accurate tree so removed.

There's only 1 more 20% crit chance on tree. The toon is lvl 86, so should be able to get 4 or 5 more passives.

Here's the problems:
Chance to hit: 80%
Life: 4.2K
Resists: Fire 70%, Cold 75%, Light 75% and Chaos -57%.
Fire is only up because I just paid 3ex for 1ex boot because I'm trying to fix resists. The rings, belt and boots are junk and only using them for resists and some life. I'm in a resist hole because I can't get any off of new passive tree without spending too many points.

LGoH doesn't work with this build. Maybe if I used Chain it would? Unsure what effect the "adjustment" (nerf) in March did. But have to keep using pots to keep life up. When switch to LL problem stopped. Don't have to use pots unless taking damage.

No complaints about killing speed in up to 4 party groups in up to 69 maps. But full parties or higher maps and this character is struggling. And it's fragile. This is the first build I've tried giving up on armor and going for Aerobics and Ondars. Does well until hit and then the 4% reduction from armor doesn't help much. Can't use CwDT in groups for Enduring Cry and Immortal Call, so just keep moving and have to avoid getting hit.
Last edited by TheNinjaLeague on Aug 31, 2014, 12:33:07 AM
Re TheNinjaLeague:
the aim of this build focus on aoe damage rather than singel target, but use what you feel most comfortable.

You can use defensive curses by blood magic or cwdt of end cry+immortal call + Enfeeble.

if you want to test ur build and tree without wasting regrets, try use peo builder
https://poebuilder.com/
so you can test ur tree and it will show your dps and all other stats on it :) feel free to play around and make the best tree that suits ur style and maxing dps.

Id say try to push crit chance to 30 % so the crit will be more stable, and with this build, crit is the way to go to kill fast.

LGOH works very well with chain, but maybe LL with pierce.
*RaZor's Shop*[with price*cheap*] :http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/460710
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Has anyone considered perhaps trying out a similar build to this but instead of LA, try using Tornado Shot? The reason I ask is because TS isn't reliant on a physical damage conversion like LA is and instead has basically a 'more' modifier on it that can scale with either physical or elemental damage. Also, it can open up possibilities with using something as simple as TS > GMP > Pierce and equip a Drillneck Quiver. Yes, you'd lose out on some crit chance and multiplier from the quiver, but you're able to gain 100% increased projectile damage from it and pierce is very strong with Tornado Shot and how it works. Not to mention you also get an extra 10% projectile damage from the quality bonus on TS.

While I know this probably isn't the most optimal setup, you could potentially get something like this on a Voltaxic:

TS > GMP > Pierce > WED > Added Lightning/Added Chaos > PCoC

The only issue I can see is running into mana problems, especially if you're wanting to run auras. You'd have to switch something out in the setup to run Blood Magic and then you'd be locked into LL in that case. There is the lightning Dory's belt, but considering it's lightning leech and your lightning damage is converted to chaos damage, I don't think it's going to work.

i dun have that gem so i gv never tried with it....also dun quite understand how the gems works with crits so guess will have to check it later on if i got time
"
slayer7410 wrote:
...if you want to test ur build and tree without wasting regrets, try use peo builder https://poebuilder.com/

Never been able to figure out how that site works. No help on the site or instructions on Google. You would think something as basic as clicking on a passive point on the tree from your starting point should work and shouldn't need instructions?

I have to drop LA now. I'm finding a lot of people don't like it, because it causes lag. Last night I got booted twice from groups and people are grumbling about it in groups where I'm not booted. I Googled it and found it's the same with Poison Arrow and Ice Shot. I revisited Split Arrow and Chain. But it seems Split Arrow was designed for physical damage and with Chain it's just taking the low damage of Voltaxic and spraying it around. The only other alternative is Elemental Hit with GMP (and possibly Chain). I don't think reflect will be a problem, but I won't know until I level one up and try.
So here's my gear

I switched back to alpha's howl mostly because I like the protection from freezing. The dps is slightly lower compared to Rat's Nest but I have a little better regen.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 7, 2014, 3:17:13 PM
Why did they make voltaxic rift build so weak? :(
IGN: Gieves
"
chrila wrote:
Why did they make voltaxic rift build so weak? :(

The context of your statement is unclear to me. You saying they nerfed the Arly Aura build with 1.2 release? Or you saying that Voltaxic Rift in general are too weak or ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info