[1.2]Voltax Rift LA Frenzy

IGN:RangerRazor
*RaZor's Shop*[with price*cheap*] :http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/460710
Here's a pretty good build based on the OP Slayer build except I tried out the +37% chaos damage with the "method to the madness" collection of passives.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAr-sB0aJA9PihIsSi_sjh26GkBfkV8JLzXkX665cGLYMZivsJ9toaj5u16NYi6s3qjb9RR974pHjB1TB8fyvWilM1wzrKSm-egwlGceGIHaoFtcLsKlsM8qXLbWy1SAYjH0EDHha_JpVh4lVLjDYTnqSRNj2dqmyMYqzjhA5IEZZ_xiepMHHUI92oS3g6Qlb6_MVjp91GEYHdDTqzPs-95luvIXaGzsEzkApnoId2Sn274_66fXXTfu965woKm3jr9qOvp-sUjX0j9k2SieDmWJMfSRM=

I run three 60% auras (wrath, haste, and anger) andi have enough mana left over for a low level Assasin's Mark.

Almost 5000 life
13,300 frenzy
3,900 LA
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
slayer7410 wrote:
thanks to all the replies :)
have updated the skill tree to :

giving me 5k health 7.3k LA, 23k Frenzy at 41.1%/665 crit change n dmg

You must be using jewelry to make up strength required for Kaom's Heart? It looks like your build is better. You running the same aura's and equipment that you mentioned in your earlier post?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
well i have better dps coz of the rings, amulets and quiver so ur on the right track .

I am using the equipment that are shown on the first post .

If you want to increase dps just get better gears when you got more currency.

BTW i have kinda fixed ur tree, using my gears, should give you around 500 dps for LA combined with chain

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAr-sB0aJA9PihIsSiBfkV8JLzXkX665cGLYMZivsJ9toaj5u16NYi6s3qjb9RRzB8fyvWilM1wzrKSm-egwlGceGIHaoFtaXLbWy1SAYjH0EDHha_JpVh4lVLjDY2PZ2qbIxirOOEDkgRln_GJ6kwcdQj3ahLeDpCVvr8xWOn3UYRgd0NOrM-z73mW68hdobOwTOQCmegh3ZKfbvj_rp9ddN-73rnCgqbeOv2o6-n6xSNfSP2TZLndP_eJP3nVPPqcFIqC8HVpHje-OUZtDhFfJeX-_U=
try this out,and high dps usually needs to be crit builds

gl and msg me anytime
*RaZor's Shop*[with price*cheap*] :http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/460710
Thank for the input, much appreciated.

Agreed I do need better jewelry but, your passive tree suggestions will also help. I already have a Rat's nest. I tried out a level 21 reduced mana and the 70% mana reduction associated with the level 21 didn't make any difference. I mean I can use my Rat's Nest and get the three aura's with 21 left over mana for both a level 20 and a level 21 reduced mana gems? Of course I'm taking the two additional reduced mana passive nodes by the leadership keystone, still I'm surprised that the level 21 reduced mana gem wouldn't even give me an extra mana point. BTW, Those extra reduced mana passives allows me to run 2x60% + 1X40% auras without alpha's howl. (Note: let me double check that final assertion when I get home though. I went home and checked, it was not 3x60%.)
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 25, 2014, 9:50:21 PM
Hmm, you will have to do the mana reserved seperately, if it adds up to be 45.5 or above then its calculwted as 46, but if it adds up to be below 45.5, then it will be considered as 45. SO t can be achieved by using a lvl 21 reduced mana gem.
Just rmb the cost of auras are rounded off to integer (whole number) and must do the calculation seperately.
If you follow my build , u should see that a lvl 20 reduced mana wont work as ur exceeding a few mana, but this can be solved by using lvl 21 reducrd mana gem.
Sry about the type as im ony phone
My character is still significantly weaker now than in release 1.1. I'm having more difficulty running level 70 maps now than I had running level 73 maps previously. What are others experiencing?
I switched over from Lioneyes about a week ago. Having a hard time making a go of it without the elemental gear. Damage is a lot lower, because there are more physical than elemental nodes on the right side of tree. So I have to pick up elemental on gear which makes this more expensive than a physical build. Also was enjoying leech with the physical build.

I'm saving for legacy Thunderfist and The Taming. The Thunderfist needs RRRG (LL + BM + WED + Frenzy), which will probably cost 10ex on the Artisan Bench. And I should be able to pick up at least 30% elemental on belt and some on quiver. I can't get any resist off new tree, unless I spend 3 pts, so I'm not at max resists now and have no resist from tree.

I can't use any curses right now, because I only have 4 mana. I can swap out the 19 Reduced Mana for a 21, so 3 curses would be 32%, but it only increases to 21 mana, which doesn't help. I'm within 3 nodes from an extra 4 Reduced Mana Reserve, but that's not enough either. Have to increase the mana pool.

You guys might want to argue about this, but I found LA + GMP + WED kills faster than LA + LMP + Chain. I can't use WED and Chain together due to cost. This was through testing, so it's subjective. But the on paper stats favoring Chain seem to use ideal assumptions like LA always hits 3 times and not "up to 3". I'm unsure if Chain always hits twice? Chain looks better on paper but seems to do less damage in real play.

"
I switched over from Lioneyes about a week ago. Having a hard time making a go of it without the elemental gear. Damage is a lot lower, because there are more physical than elemental nodes on the right side of tree. So I have to pick up elemental on gear which makes this more expensive than a physical build. Also was enjoying leech with the physical build.

I'm saving for legacy Thunderfist and The Taming. The Thunderfist needs RRRG (LL + BM + WED + Frenzy), which will probably cost 10ex on the Artisan Bench. And I should be able to pick up at least 30% elemental on belt and some on quiver. I can't get any resist off new tree, unless I spend 3 pts, so I'm not at max resists now and have no resist from tree.

I can't use any curses right now, because I only have 4 mana. I can swap out the 19 Reduced Mana for a 21, so 3 curses would be 32%, but it only increases to 21 mana, which doesn't help. I'm within 3 nodes from an extra 4 Reduced Mana Reserve, but that's not enough either. Have to increase the mana pool.

You guys might want to argue about this, but I found LA + GMP + WED kills faster than LA + LMP + Chain. I can't use WED and Chain together due to cost. This was through testing, so it's subjective. But the on paper stats favoring Chain seem to use ideal assumptions like LA always hits 3 times and not "up to 3". I'm unsure if Chain always hits twice? Chain looks better on paper but seems to do less damage in real play.

thanks for the input :)
I think in order to do more dmg, maybe crit is more useful than thunderfist, so i dont recommend that (its personal preference anyway)

2) dw about curse, you can kill so quickly that casting a curse and shoot probably slows down the killings HAHA (thats the down side of casting 4 auras, but who cares about curses anyway), better not waste any effort to make mana for curses.

3)chain hits 2 extra targets and with LMP means 6 extra arrows (3*2) then each arrow hits and hit 3 targets, so 3*2*3 , prtetty easy to see that chain is helping a lot on dealing dmg. althought tooltip dps is lower ,but do the maths and you will do the added up dmg is a lot higher. With chain, you can just kill the whole lot in 1 shot, but with gmp wed, maybe only the first 2 rolls will be kills, leaving the other mobs at full hp.

WHY dont you drop FA for Chain(you really should try it)? Im sure it will work much better, coz the whole point of using LA instead of SA is that LA + chain is too good !!

As for ur heavy belt, try get L dmg ones :)

BTW see if you are interested in these
I heartily support Slayer's suggestion about chain and LMP, plus a life gain on hit gem and large swarms are no problem. I did toy with Thunderfists. Mostly because it compensates some for one of the weaknesses in this build. That is lone bosses. When there's only one monster and nothing to chain between then single monsters can sometimes be a problem. Thunderfists work well for that issue with the frenzy gem in the thunderfists but overall I agree that Maliagro's work better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info