[1.2]Voltax Rift LA Frenzy

Been trying to fix this build for patch 1.2, but seemed to be losing a lot of dps as I cant achieve 5 auras anymore.

With this theory craft, i can now achieve 3 auras (60 60 40) Wrath, Grace, Purity of Elements
TRICK to use 3 Auras is to use a lvl 21 Reduced mana

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAr-sB0aJA9PihIsSiu-P-un11037veucKCpt46_zFVvpnoN0NY6d314d2W6-QCjqz3UZ_KznUSn0hdhGBMHzWinb3hs6NfVFHMfrBMyP251Te-I2_Ps-gn02SJP2keAW1veb_3sHV1CPo1iLq6xTN6ud0m7VtbMM6GYq1SKXLNj3KSvsJ8-oGI-OEnarssG-e9toqCx9BDkhirGyMjAuDCZyk8bMaj3BSAx4Rlrl8hxNLV4nTFr-TlX_GdwfA43DVJpWtMyepoqNh4hnXD8RVSzt8jDa4yg==

Still spec to crit with around 41.1% crit chance and 665 crit dmg

Gears:

Would swap to these items if I can cope with resists:

Can swap into Alpha Howl, but not worth it anymore.

Lets gather ideas and make the most of this "Awesome" Bow.
IGN:RangerRazor
*RaZor's Shop*[with price*cheap*] :http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/460710
Last edited by slayer7410 on Aug 24, 2014, 8:12:24 AM
up, anyone?
IGN:RangerRazor
*RaZor's Shop*[with price*cheap*] :http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/460710
You use chain so you don't need Piercing Shots cluster => put the saved points in Hired for More Life.
You bow does very little physical damage so Aspect of the Panther isn't really needed. Again, save some points and put them in Assassination cluster for more crit chance.
This will give such a tree. The remaining points could be put either in life in ranger start or attack speed or elemental damage in shadow start.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
This is the tree I use.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILg5IFSAWvxmKGY4ajx9BIXYi4iP2JP0qCypNLOktgzB8Mfo1kjY9OdQ_J0fiSn1KyEtXTZJN41FHUUxR2Vb6W69d8mKsZ6BsjG6qb55v8nBScNV293cHd9d9W311fyuDCYbOhxOHdonTjAuNfY2_kAqXBpuNnKSdqqCfpDmkeKxHr-uwkrTFtUi18rl8u-PA48EzwdXC7MSiykrQgdN-1CPWiti93Q3e-OOE51TssO2D7g7vevGz8-r22vsJ_MX-j_66_5P_3g==
"
Situations wrote:

I simply added url tags to make a bit easier for the reader. Thank you

Note that the bow physical damage nodes are not very useful because voltaxic physical damage is minimal. Which is the main point of the voltaxic to avoid both physical and elemental reflect.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 21, 2014, 11:21:57 PM
Probably nothing to do with fixing your build but

I've never actually seen this unique before and it's really interesting. If it converts all your lightning dmg to chaos dmg, could you switch out Lightning Arrow with Poison Arrow to shock AND debuff/DoT mobs?

Because that would be AWESOME. Would that also work in conjunction with a Ranged Attack Totem?
Here's a version of the passive tree taken from the Scion perspective.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YFtRGBFVAWbxcvGYoabBqPHaohdiLqI_YkqiT9KPowfDH6NZI26TnUOuE7KEGHRnFKfUrITZJN41FHVdZW-lpSW69gQ2OnZOdnoGh0bj1vnm_ydvd3138rgKSCx4LkgwmGzod2iq-NfY2_kBGUoJtdm7WdrqCfpHimV6cIqJq3PriTwTPB1cM6ykrN6tQj1orYTdi92mLdDd1G3vjhiONq51To1uvu8kXyl_ba-ej60vsJ_MX-Cv6P_94=

It too has the problem of sufficient strength which I fixed by using an Astramentis Onyx Amulet (+109 to all attributes). I can run 4 auras = ((3x60%) + (1x40%)) using an Alpha's Howl with 4 mana remaining. Frenzy is about 11,000 dps and LA is about 3,000 dps, life is about 5,300
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Dzumeister wrote:
Probably nothing to do with fixing your build but

I've never actually seen this unique before and it's really interesting. If it converts all your lightning dmg to chaos dmg, could you switch out Lightning Arrow with Poison Arrow to shock AND debuff/DoT mobs?

Because that would be AWESOME. Would that also work in conjunction with a Ranged Attack Totem?

The build is supposed to maximize the weapon elemental damage which is calculated first and then all lightning is converted to chaos. The Poison Arrow would not take advantage of the weapon elemental damage increase. While it should shock, as you assert, the dps would be lower. Lightning damage is much easier to buff than chaos damage. I see no advantage to poison arrow over lightning arrow for this build or for a Voltaxic bow?
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 21, 2014, 11:29:27 PM
So this is basicly the "new" Arly build type ?
---
"
Kelemn wrote:
So this is basicly the "new" Arly build type ?

I don't know if that is the best description or not since Arly hasn't joined the discussion. :-) I do assume though that most people in the discussion are playing a variation of the Arly build.

Unfortunately with the new passive tree it does not seem possible to run as many aura's as we used to. Which was a big advantage of the build. That means I'm probably going to have to rebalance other things like jewelry and belt, maybe switch to more crit by changing Alpha's Howl for Rat's Nest and Thunderfists for Maligaro's? Arly had done a shit-load of testing and balancing which needs to be redone now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info