~ Disable Exp Income / Lock Exp Option in Settings ~

Bump
Bump
A lock option can only work if it also blocks out all access to quests because if it doesn't you'll get situations where the real level 28 players can't compete with the "leeched through all 3 difficulties" players as they'd have far more passive points.

However, it seems that the only reason for wanting this would be to get that unfair advantage over other players in the same level range...
Last edited by archiadus on Aug 27, 2014, 12:55:25 AM
Exactly.
That's the whole point of "twink"ing - getting unfair advantage.

Imo, either a) no lock exp option
or b) those who lock EXP can only duel others who lock EXP and are locked from the world.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Aug 27, 2014, 5:16:57 AM
"
archiadus wrote:
A lock option can only work if it also blocks out all access to quests because if it doesn't you'll get situations where the real level 28 players can't compete with the "leeched through all 3 difficulties" players as they'd have far more passive points.

However, it seems that the only reason for wanting this would be to get that unfair advantage over other players in the same level range...

wow good point, i didn't think about that. I know as a level 28 if you go into cruel you can't QUE into the lvl 28 1v1/3v3 ques in act2. But you can still enter sarn arena/be challenge by other lvl 28's who think your just a normal lvl 28 with 33/34 skill points. hmmmmmm some people would def abuse that. There has to be a way around it...
Last edited by Gjohny on Aug 27, 2014, 6:47:06 PM
The intention is not to get an unfair advantage. Just saying. MLDers aleready do Merci quests because they are only bound to sarn arena and not Greust.

The thing is that Sarn Arena is meant to be dominated by level 40 chars. (For obivious reasons.) I dont see WHO in hell would make a lvl 28 char for usage in the sarn arena ONLY... That just seems insanely dumb to me, since you will get pwned by level 40 chars anyways... (Clean 28,s have their balanced zone at Greust arena! No bullshit happens here!!!)

You could argue that MLDers should be prevented from enterting cruel and merci, because they have "an unfair advantage", while they really dont. Its just a pain in the ass for them to do all of these shitty quests. If lvl 40 sarn arena chars were banned from entering Merci/Cruel, then they did not have to "twink". (Alltho it could hurt build diversity.) I dont like using the term "twink" here, because it is something that you are FORCED to do, and therefore it has nothing to do with "unfair advantage".

There is no "unfair advantage" to remove in terms of this. Any player can do it. Any player can be level 40 and somehow get rushed to Merci to do the quests. Any MLDER is forced to do this, which is something that the PvP community could whine about (Because it is annoying to do, but the pros are that it gives more build diversity.), but certainly PvE players are untouched by all this stuff. (All of this is USELESS GARBAGE INFORMATION for players that want to level up, and by leveling up I just mean that they dont want to play MLD or LLD.)

The disable exp income is just requested to ease all these shitty progresses, and also to be able to have some fun in PvE with your twinked char. It is also requested because if you accidently level up too high, you will get frustrated and pissed, making the Progress EVEN more frustrating... Because you haft to reroll... for no reason.

Another online game had an arena. I twinked a healer with the help of my guildies. We never lost. All the regular players would QQ about the state of the arena. Eventually it was changed to give a small amount of xp in any arena battle to prevent infinity camping of chars.

Can you imagine the support emails GGG will get if this is implemented?

"Um, hi. I just did Cruel act 2 and I didn't get any xp. is your game broken? can I have my xp please? seriously, whats wrong with your stupid game that I can't get xp?"
"
gbrlN wrote:
"Um, hi. I just did Cruel act 2 and I didn't get any xp. is your game broken? can I have my xp please? seriously, whats wrong with your stupid game that I can't get xp?"

That is why it would be a turn on/off function, completely optional, but helps players ease these PvP progresses. Oh and also as Firebrand mentioned, keeping an ideal level in case ur farming for LLD. Most importantly: AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE!

"Regular" players are not entitled to QQ about the arena if they have no interrest in playing it/making chars solely for this purpose IMO. If they had a bad experience, then its too bad for them since they were not even trying to make a char for LLD.

I have been reported for "hacking" multiple times in PoE because of people like this, and it rly pisses me off. They are the ones ruining the balance/twisting the true state/experience of PvP. The ones that actually play it sometimes seem like they cant even have an opinion about what they ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING. (Look at OatmealOrges reply.)
If GGG implements Exp Lock, then I demand that characters using the option are completely prevented from interacting with characters that don't.
This means you can only duel, join instances of or group with characters also using (or not using) the option.
And you can only toggle the option in town while NOT in a group.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Oct 17, 2014, 7:38:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info