~ Disable Exp Income / Lock Exp Option in Settings ~

What could be done here is the creation of maps specifically with the level 28 cap. You would gain no experience but the drops would be proportional to the power and ability of your character.

It would cause tons of people to make powerful level 28's if you could use them for some kind of alternative for farming currency.

I'd suggest a unique map that would drop near the ilvl 36 in game "lvl 28 required".

please ._.

Last edited by Pillowapnts on Aug 20, 2014, 10:22:56 PM
I just suggested the same thing like 2 or 3 years ago. A simple "Disable EXP income" button would be nice.

I really Enjoyed permafreezing piety with my crit staff lvl 28 char (:. Sadly I only got to try that once due to EXP income.
"
Nurvus wrote:
Being rewarded for not leveling is definitely something that shouldn't be done.
GGG should be working to make the game balanced enough that people want to level.

If GGG ever officially supports LLD or MMD, then people will start complaining that build X Y and Z are best and there should be more variety, and it becomes a balancing clusterfuck.

GGG should be adding all sorts of stuff to encourage people to LEVEL.
Not to encourage people to stagnate.

It's similar to the issues of Twinking in MMOs.

?

Not sure what balance has to do with this. As Gjohny said: It would be nice to go out of town just to own some mobs, while not having to worry about gaining a level.

Twinks just recieve currency/gear from other characters/players anyway, so it makes zero difference in terms of balance.
"
OatmealOgre wrote:
"
First of all, bragging about an idea being implemented and then demanding gratitude is just wrong ...
Agreed. Besides someone else may have suggested it as well, or did GGG specifically say they used your idea? I'm guessing no since you want credit.

Anyway, onto the subject. I too wonder what you mean with LLD but I'm guessing it's something like low level. Locking your exp wouldn't really help would it? I'm not sure at all what you're asking for. Higher level areas have exp reduction so that you can't go there with a level 20 to a level 50 area, kill one unique/boss and gain 10 levels (maybe a bit of exaggeration but you get the point).

If you dont understand, then why would u say: Locking your exp wouldn't really help would it?

Also, the player DOES NOT WANT TO LEVEL.
Gjohny you better explain what LLD is before this thread gets completely misunderstod by random PvE people!
"
FIreskull wrote:
Gjohny you better explain what LLD is before this thread gets completely misunderstod by random PvE people!

BRO i know right? i gave up responding. i didn't think people were this derp...

There is not one good reason to not implement this feature. It's helps people that need it. It has no effect on people who don't. Its a simple disable exp option in settings.

If you don't understand the concept of LLD and "overleveling". Please keep your comments to yourself, your posting an opinion on a topic you know nothing about.
Last edited by Gjohny on Aug 21, 2014, 8:48:08 AM
"
FIreskull wrote:
?

Not sure what balance has to do with this. As Gjohny said: It would be nice to go out of town just to own some mobs, while not having to worry about gaining a level.

Twinks just recieve currency/gear from other characters/players anyway, so it makes zero difference in terms of balance.

And what I'm saying is that the REAL problem here is that you are worried about gaining a level.

You should always see a level gain as a good thing, and that's what GGG needs to work towards.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
"
Nurvus wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:
?

And what I'm saying is that the REAL problem here is that you are worried about gaining a level.

You should always see a level gain as a good thing, and that's what GGG needs to work towards.

Leveling is not bad. Is it a problem for PoE that I am worried about gaining a level? Not at all, because it does not effect anyone WHO is actually playing to level up... It has absolutely nothing to do with these players, and it does not have any impact on them.

GGG does not need to Work towards "leveling actually being a good thing". We are just playing LLD here and there is a LEVEL CAP that GGG made. So if u level to 29 you are out.

That does not mean that "leveling to 29 is bad and your character will automatically be complete utter shit if it levels to 29", it just Means that you cant play LLD.

However... I do actually agree with you in some degree that stopping to level seems more fun than to level up to 29 in some cases. Thats just my opinion, but to be "encouraged to not level up" is an exaggeration.
Bump
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info