~ Disable Exp Income / Lock Exp Option in Settings ~

~ A Lock Exp function would mean not gaining any EXP from killing mobs. You would be able to check or uncheck it in options.

~ I'm an LLD/MLD'er I would love to see this implemented. I enjoy playing my LLD/MLD's more than i do my higher level characters. Unfortunately I am unable to farm with then because if i gain a level, i wont be able to participate in pvp with them anymore.

~LLD = Low Level Dueling. Lvl 28 is the level cap. If you go any higher than level 28, say lvl 29 then you can't participate in the arena or 1v1/3v3 que's.

~MLD = Mid Level Dueling - Lvl 40's who go all the way to Merciless Piety for the skill quests then duel in Cruel Sarn Arena.

This mean's we cannot use our pvp characters for pve at all! It sucks.
Last edited by Gjohny on Aug 27, 2014, 12:32:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
First of all, bragging about an idea being implemented and then demanding gratitude is just wrong and second of all, what the hell is LLD? You mean not gaining any XP or something? That would be wrong.

Also, the PvP arena thing has been brought up by many players, you cant even be sure it was you who inspired GGG to do that.
"
First of all, bragging about an idea being implemented and then demanding gratitude is just wrong ...
Agreed. Besides someone else may have suggested it as well, or did GGG specifically say they used your idea? I'm guessing no since you want credit.

Anyway, onto the subject. I too wonder what you mean with LLD but I'm guessing it's something like low level. Locking your exp wouldn't really help would it? I'm not sure at all what you're asking for. Higher level areas have exp reduction so that you can't go there with a level 20 to a level 50 area, kill one unique/boss and gain 10 levels (maybe a bit of exaggeration but you get the point).
Make another character -> transfer your super strong LLD gear to him -> farm

Also, it was actually me who came up with sarn arena idea, but nobody have ever gave me the credit for it :(

Spoiler
sarcastic way of saying that nobody really cares who gave them the idea and that you can't even prove it
lol thanks for the opinions!

btw im the only person to come up with the idea for "sarn arena entrance in a3 castle". the arena idea was suggested by many people before me. still the entrance is right where i suggested it should be. :)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/765021
(Had to dig that up!) Im not bragging (well now that i found the post, maybe a little, hehe) but im not demanding gratitude (actually a "Cool!" would work. lol.) I just wanted to post it.. so i did. lol.

Stay on topic, a Lock Exp Function.

LLD = Low Level Dueling. Lvl 28 to be exact. If you hit lvl 29 then you can't participate in the arena or 1v1/3v3 que's.

@DirkAustin - Yes a Lock Exp function would mean not gaining any EXP from killing mobs. You would be able to check or uncheck it in options.

@oatmealogre - Yes locking exp would help. Even for leveling to lvl 28. For LLD (low level duelers) you have to get to act3 and kill piety for the skill book. A lot of people hit lvl 28 before then. That makes it really hard to get to piety and kill her (or do any quests for that matter) without leveling over 28 without inconveniencing a friend for help.

@pheonix4dota - First - I have maxed out my character slots. Second - The LLD community duels ALL the time. It's really inconvenient to take all the gear/gems/potions off of your dueling character, relog to a farming character and gear. Then someone wants to duel and you have to do it again. Plus I don't want to start over and make a new character.
Last edited by Gjohny on Aug 20, 2014, 12:55:41 PM
"
Gjohny wrote:
lol thanks for the opinions!

btw im the only person to come up with the idea for "sarn arena entrance in a3 castle". the arena idea was suggested by many people before me. still the entrance is right where i suggested it should be. :)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/765021
(Had to dig that up!) Im not bragging (well now that i found the post, maybe a little, hehe) but im not demanding gratitude (actually a "Cool!" would work. lol.) I just wanted to post it.. so i did. lol.

Stay on topic, a Lock Exp Function.

LLD = Low Level Dueling. Lvl 28 to be exact. If you hit lvl 29 then you can't participate in the arena or 1v1/3v3 que's.

@DirkAustin - Yes a Lock Exp function would mean not gaining any EXP from killing mobs. You would be able to check or uncheck it in options.

@oatmealogre - Yes locking exp would help. Even for leveling to lvl 28. For LLD (low level duelers) you have to get to act3 and kill piety for the skill book. A lot of people hit lvl 28 before then. That makes it really hard to get to piety and kill her (or do any quests for that matter) without leveling over 28 without inconveniencing a friend for help.

@pheonix4dota - First - I have maxed out my character slots. Second - The LLD community duels ALL the time. It's really inconvenient to take all the gear/gems/potions off of your dueling character, relog to a farming character and gear. Then someone wants to duel and you have to do it again. Plus I don't want to start over and make a new character.

Just dont go to piety then, youre under lvld anyways. And stop bragging about the suggestion with the arena, the entrance is a given as there is a big freaking door that has had no use.

You can buy more char slots btw and there wont be any kind of way to lock XP and thats because it makes no sense.

A game where youre supposed to lvl up and gain XP and you want the ability to prevent just that.

Also, PvP is not the main feature of the game, trading is and obviously PvE.
You have to go to piety and do all the other skill quests in act3 for skill points. If you don't you will be crippling your build / stand no chance in competitive play. Dueling bro. LLD/MLD.. Check it out.

Pvp is a huge part of the game. GGG is slowly making it better thanks to feedback and suggestions like this one. EX- the new spectator mode in patch notes/other changed/bug fixes in patch notes regarding pvp in the upcoming patch.

I dont want to spend money on char slots.

Lock exp is a great idea and many agree with me.

"
A game where youre supposed to lvl up and gain XP and you want the ability to prevent just that.

- "Supposed to" Who stated the rules of what your "supposed to" do when playing poe. Lol.

"
Also, PvP is not the main feature of the game, trading is and obviously PvE.

It's not the "main feature" but it is a feature of the game and it is being improved.

Enough negativity.
Last edited by Gjohny on Aug 20, 2014, 2:34:38 PM
What's your highest level character? I generally farm with my high level pvp dude for currency and/or gear for my LLD guys.

I maxed out my character slots about a year ago. Mostly from making experimental builds for LLD. Whenever I make a new one I just delete the least favourable one before it (usually failed builds).

I haven't had too much of a problem finishing act 3 solo for my LLD characters. I usually rush all of act 3. Soloing level 16 characters to Piety is reasonably easy with a facebreaker build.

I get what you mean though. The biggest pain in the ass is probably farming for ilevel 36 gear while keeping the level of the character optimal to not incur penalties for drops. That would be a case where locking xp would be nice.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Aug 20, 2014, 2:50:59 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
What's your highest level character? I generally farm with my high level pvp dude for currency and/or gear for my LLD guys.

I maxed out my character slots about a year ago. Mostly from making experimental builds for LLD. Whenever I make a new one I just delete the least favourable one before it (usually failed builds).

I haven't had too much of a problem finishing act 3 solo for my LLD characters. I usually rush all of act 3. Soloing level 16 characters to Piety is reasonably easy with a facebreaker build.

I get what you mean though. The biggest pain in the ass is probably farming for ilevel 36 gear while keeping the level of the character optimal to not incur penalties for drops. That would be a case where locking xp would be nice.

Yeah. Farming for ilvl36 items on my LLD. That and just being able to go out of town once in a while to own some mobs/farm some items without having to worry about gaining a level. I dont have a problem leveling to a3 solo either when making an lld, but i know some people who do. Probably because i have a leveling set of uniques/rares and lld items i can use. It might be hard for someone new who doesn't have very good gear to make an LLD and not go over lvl 28 before reaching act3 piety. Example - low life casters are pretty rough to level all the way to piety. It would be nice to be able to farm a safe area like The City of Sarn until lvl 28 then throw on your LLD gear, then finish to piety.
Last edited by Gjohny on Aug 20, 2014, 4:50:43 PM
Being rewarded for not leveling is definitely something that shouldn't be done.
GGG should be working to make the game balanced enough that people want to level.

If GGG ever officially supports LLD or MMD, then people will start complaining that build X Y and Z are best and there should be more variety, and it becomes a balancing clusterfuck.

GGG should be adding all sorts of stuff to encourage people to LEVEL.
Not to encourage people to stagnate.

It's similar to the issues of Twinking in MMOs.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Aug 20, 2014, 7:08:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info