FoxTactic's - [1.2] Pledge Of Arc 26k dps Updated: 2014-09-08

Have been playing a fairly similar setup on Beyond for awhile now but switched to 1h/shield. Definitely have enjoyed the build so cheers and thanks for the thread

Last edited by delvur on Oct 29, 2014, 10:42:35 PM
"
GATYGUN wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Pawko wrote:
I'd like to see the entire Apex of Sacrifice gameplay. If you get hit and run out of mana, you are pretty much dead (I'm talking about CoD) since you have no block or spell block.
Or am I wrong?

Thats the problem with that armor. I hate it. lots of hits in a row and you're dead in the water. No defense and no ability to lighting warp away from danger because OOM and no casting to heal with leeching because OOM. Not to mention reflect drain mana. Finally can't run many aura because you need like 1800+ mana free. So happy he switch to LC and make work.

CLoak of defiance is the best armour around atm for defensive solution.

If you get so much dmg, you would otherwise be dead instead of having low mana amounts.

Cloak of defiance requires a bit more mana regen for sure, but you won't need 1800 free mana pool to absorb the dmg you get. 800+ is already far enough.

What you need to do is run more defensive solutions, for example a high level arctic armour or purity of fire / ice whatever, and make sure you pop flasks when you hit something so all the dmg get reduced.

I never have mana issue's with cloak of defiance, and it reduces the dmg massively.

You probably just use it wrong entirely.

It's not even close.

You can become IMMUNE to elemental with Lightning coil and 40% always on Phys damage reduction is just a bonus.
Here is an example of face tank with coil and take no damage... or watch fox do uber same deal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVFnBniuK8

Thats why when Fox and others did UBER they all used LC. Show me one CoD user ever doing uber. Max block maybe? but cloak isnt doing anything there.

Whats better Immunity or taking some off mana when you have mana?

NO WAY to go immune with CoD because you'd use all your mana running 23 purities and be super vulnerable to phys then. LC has no such issue.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 28, 2014, 1:18:19 AM
"
Aim Deep~ What's your DPS?

It was 32K with 7 powercharge but I'm switching to ice nova now my gems are getting leveled.

New tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gVCBx4HpQx9DkgQfxEPEZYUsBXnFkAWvxcvGjgdFCTYJpUo-io4LJwvbzWSNuk6WD1fQYdBlkLDRXxFnUlRSbJMLUyzUDBSU1NSVUtVxlXWWK5bWV3yXyph4mNDZJ1k52aecFJwu3DVc7N0VYCkghCCHoLHhW2FfYbRiEKJ04w2j0aP-pBVlS6XlZeXmuCboZ-0pwinhKlurJius7Xytz64k8AawcXGntD11YHYvdkT2t3bC9te34Tfit-w42rr7uv17Bjwa_DV8h3y4ffX-ej60v4K

This tree prolly wont help u though because U run COD

I run 5 aura + AA

Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Purity of Ice or Fire depending
Purity of lightning
Clarity

DPS of lvl 19 ice nova is 24K
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 28, 2014, 1:41:06 AM
Super Awesome, I'm ar 30,000 DPS with 6 Charges, and I am considering to change to a 5-6L LC.
I can see how it's better now.
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone

Any advice for further build?
Last edited by TheRafinator on Oct 29, 2014, 4:51:11 PM
I am wondering if it is worth spending the exalteds to buy a pledge of hands. I calculated just a change of 1 % in dps with a 5l pledge of hands (without regarding the lightning penetration and without power charges in both cases)
I calculated the mod changes and the gem changes including +2 lvl of my weapon, the lvl 30 spell echo, and the 6link (with spell echo) instead of 3link

Calculation from http://www.poesp.com/tools/spelldps/

So is the only benefit from it the 5l with life leech (and the lightning penetration)? (life leech from warlords mark seems enough to me)

my weapons:

Thank you for answers, i just wonder if i am completely wrong.
Changed up my gear.
Sitting on 4100 HP Level 88.

Also, will change into a Coil when I can divine the Dexterity on my ring to get one more extra Dex.
Either that or I'll invest one point into a dex node.

Getting the colors is going to be a bitch...
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Aim Deep~ What's your DPS?

It was 32K with 7 powercharge but I'm switching to ice nova now my gems are getting leveled.

New tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gVCBx4HpQx9DkgQfxEPEZYUsBXnFkAWvxcvGjgdFCTYJpUo-io4LJwvbzWSNuk6WD1fQYdBlkLDRXxFnUlRSbJMLUyzUDBSU1NSVUtVxlXWWK5bWV3yXyph4mNDZJ1k52aecFJwu3DVc7N0VYCkghCCHoLHhW2FfYbRiEKJ04w2j0aP-pBVlS6XlZeXmuCboZ-0pwinhKlurJius7Xytz64k8AawcXGntD11YHYvdkT2t3bC9te34Tfit-w42rr7uv17Bjwa_DV8h3y4ffX-ej60v4K

This tree prolly wont help u though because U run COD

I run 5 aura + AA

Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Purity of Ice or Fire depending
Purity of lightning
Clarity

DPS of lvl 19 ice nova is 24K

Nice to hear that it works, I am currently trying this one with ice nova too

But why dont you use concentrated effect, thought that would increase the dps a lot? (The aoe could be still enough with maybe the templar nodes or carcass jack)
@Venuduford Hi - yeah I would LOVE to run Conc effects but even with regen on all jewelry MY ES gear is just not that good to spam it. Too Expensive. I kinda locked into not running it until I find 200+ ES gloves and 250+ ES helmet. Plus stuff just gets killed almost instantly even in apex w/o it. Current Staff setup.

Git R Dun!
any good unique items for leveling??

level 59 at the moment..
Last edited by Balantakos on Nov 3, 2014, 9:57:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info