RIP Frenzy|||||Who had a Frenzy build planned and dont anymore with the Nerf?

"
symban wrote:
But that means our melee frenzy builds will be useless for several months now, if not years..

Imagine me starting a Poison Arrow/Viper Strike character in 1.0 because of the promised "chaos and DoT changes". When that patch hit it was ~-45% damage to both PA and VS, skills that at the time were very weak. The opposite of what everyone was expecting, apparently for no reason at all. GGG then took another few weeks for the next patch to introduce the chaos/DoT nodes, which buffed the skills to be only very slightly stronger than before the nerf. Mind you, only given that you invested another ~15 passives in them.

Then half a year later, out of nowhere, ~+100% damage to Poison Arrow. That was shortly before the poison trapper build of the week. It took them half a year to realize PA was way too weak and get a buff into a new patch.
I noticed a lot of people are stating lost IAS as lost total attack speed. 81% less ias doesn't mean 81% less attack speed.
Last edited by Torchbane on Aug 20, 2014, 3:44:09 AM
You are right. Its 27% for a 20/20 gem or 31% in my case.
Thats still a crazy big epic nerf.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
This is why you dont center an entire build on 1 gem......disappointment is bound to happen.

so how many 5l skills do you role on your one hander builds? YEAH..... this game is all about building around a single skill.

I dont know why you feel the need to use only 1 skill but i go for around 5 or 6 depending on char and amount of support gems i wanna use.
The problem with frenzy is that you need to build around that one gem if you really want to unlock its potential. Especially with FB frenzy.

I have played an Heavy Strike build and could swap to any other melee gem without problems.

But Frenzy Facebreaker has the following options:
- Elemental Hit. Not suited for FB since it is optimized for psychical damage.
- Dominating Blow, a fair option but you are not really using your frenzy charges anymore. A large percentage of your gear will not be used. (I think I will play this skill)
- Infernal Blow, partly a fire skill. Not very good with Frenzy FB gear.

That's it.
I will just use puncture instead of frenzy/charges. Crit split acro ranger opop
"
Kaw wrote:
The problem with frenzy is that you need to build around that one gem if you really want to unlock its potential. Especially with FB frenzy.

I have played an Heavy Strike build and could swap to any other melee gem without problems.

But Frenzy Facebreaker has the following options:
- Elemental Hit. Not suited for FB since it is optimized for psychical damage.
- Dominating Blow, a fair option but you are not really using your frenzy charges anymore. A large percentage of your gear will not be used. (I think I will play this skill)
- Infernal Blow, partly a fire skill. Not very good with Frenzy FB gear.

That's it.

IB still scales well since it is hybrid, but focus a bit too much on that elemental portion, and ele reflect might pose a problem with you.

Dominating blow is really good, but it uses up so much resources. Hopefully they toned it down to an extent with this patch. 300+ life/mana per hit was not worth it.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 20, 2014, 4:31:09 AM
It seems this will Rest In Peace. From Frenzy oriented build I decided to keep it only for frenzy charges generation as it's no longer viable for any damage, split arrow or anything else far outweighs frenzy (before it was quite a bit stronger with plenty of charges, now it's FAR worse!).
"
Kaw wrote:
Its quality bonus has been reduced from 7% attack speed to 4% attack speed per frenzy charge at 20 quality.
The nerf is hard. Very hard.
This above the other nerf.

Thats a nerf of 27% less damage on a normal case 20/20 gem. This must be one of the biggest nerfs in history on a gem.

The nerf is insane, damn. And for no reason
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
It pretty damn RIP
but somewhere in my heart i hope GGG has a reason and that reason will balance it back... something like an item but that would be stupid to nerf then balance with an item

like some people said, if they are afraid of the speed, fine reduce it, but balance the damage in exchange
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Aug 20, 2014, 8:05:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info