RIP Frenzy|||||Who had a Frenzy build planned and dont anymore with the Nerf?

"
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
This is why you dont center an entire build on 1 gem......disappointment is bound to happen.

so how many 5l skills do you role on your one hander builds? YEAH..... this game is all about building around a single skill.

I dont know why you feel the need to use only 1 skill but i go for around 5 or 6 depending on char and amount of support gems i wanna use.

Ill assume you are just being cute. curses dont count , movment skills dont count , defensive skills dont count , I am talking about your damage skill, the one that does the most dps on your character. The one you will be using the most .

you saying you deliberately use a bunch of 4l damage skills over 1 or 2 focused 5-6l skill? as you don't have one skill that does more than others? as in you use them all equally?

I have a summoner, she uses zombies , specters and depending on the time of day and the lunar cycle , skeletons or a guardian. along with 3 - 7 auras , arc and curses

but i am honest enough to know that my main skill is clearly the zombies.

how about you? do you really use 6 separate skills that your build favors equally , that contribute equally , that you use equally?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 20, 2014, 8:24:13 AM
After playing around with this post-patch on my lvl 93 ranger, I can say with safety that the skill was ruined in terms of damage.

It also feels like shit using it, there's no pleasure in it because it's no longer fast, and just feels as though you're auto-attacking.

An absolute travesty of a change, further killing bow diversity and making the class feel even MORE sluggish than it currently does. On the plus side, it's likely the skill will be buffed back up in two months, because as we all know by now, GGG's balance team just isn't all that good at what they do.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Aug 21, 2014, 1:35:26 AM
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
After playing around with this post-patch on my lvl 93 ranger, I can say with safety that the skill was ruined in terms of damage.

It also feels like shit using it, there's no pleasure in it because it's no longer fast, and just feels as though you're auto-attacking.

An absolute travesty of a change, further killing bow diversity and making the class feel even MORE sluggish than it currently does. On the plus side, it's likely the skill will be buffed back up in two months, because as we all know by now, GGG's balance team just doesn't know sht about what they do.

I fixed, I see, and I agree.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Just to give some hard numbers on how incredibly big the Frenzy nerf is for a 10 charge user.

Pre patch 1.2 my WOE frenzy blender did 44-45k damage at 10 charges.

Post patch 1.2 the damage reduced to 30k at 10 charges.

1-(30/44.5) = 32.6% less damage...

GG
Last edited by HenryMagic on Aug 21, 2014, 2:03:54 AM
My frenzy/puncture crit dagger build did not get effected that much and to some extent improved, but I just do not want to know how much my Frenzybreaker build got effected this. Better of being ignorance is bliss as they say. :D
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 21, 2014, 2:08:56 AM
In practice I have somehow 45% less DPS compared to yesterday.
Add in less health (4100 -> 3800) and less armour (15000>13000) and I'm not happy at all.
FB Frenzy has been crushed by the patch.
"

I dont know why you feel the need to use only 1 skill but i go for around 5 or 6 depending on char and amount of support gems i wanna use.

What?
I must've been playing the game completely wrong then...

My groundslammer used ground slam, my cycloner cyclone and my cleaver, well... cleave.
Are you trying to tell me that I should've used all 3 skills on all three characters?
Mind = blown.

;)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
*Raises hand* I.. too had frenzy as part of my repertoar, not anymore. Guess I'll just use that frenzy curse.
#NeverGoing90
Well *slowclap* for you GGG for destroying my Frenzy archer for no apparent reasons.
Screw it. I'm not even going to attempt to switch to a Puncture build.
That would mean I need to change my merc bandit quest reward. I should pay 20 Regret Orbs just because GGG likes to fu*k my build up?
lol. yeah. not really

The expansion itself and the idea behind it is great and would be fun as hell (played some of it with another char).
But the balancing part seems to be a problem again...
Yeah they pretty much sucked the fun out of the game with the frenzy nerf. I don't even know why they nerfed it, it weren't even op? I thought the damage was quite low for a single target dps attack anyway...

What was the reason for the nerf? To make ranger suck even more at single target?

The nerf came from nowhere and must've come from some incompetant power hungry ggg employee who just likes to fuck things up. Maybe a blizzard double agent? ^^

I hope they redo the changes...

Rangers already lack single target dps skills wth???
Last edited by drixor on Aug 21, 2014, 9:43:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info