[1.2] Queen of the forest - Reflect immune, 120% move speed, Atziri done

---
Last edited by Kelemn on Aug 28, 2014, 3:54:04 PM
Lioneye should really be avoided with this build because you will loose reflect immunity.
With my 24k eva and 1k accuracy, I can kill reflect yellow mobs in reflect mod maps without drinking any pot.

I got my Drillneck and atziri boots. I'm now at 3.3k dps with a 4L, 91% move speed and 3.6k life @ lvl 80

"
kapisnk wrote:
normal and cruel help oak, merc kill all

Yes I took that, I'll update the first page.
I have reached lvl 86 and started hgher level map. I'm currently running lvl 74/75 map (depend of pool). I have no problem without any mod but I haven't tested blood magic and aura off. I did some zana farming and watched other buddies ripping on double reflect. I have done several maps with physical reflect + vulnerability and even physical reflect monsters are not a problem.

Drillneck greatly boosted my damage, I'm still waiting tora lvl 7 to get a good bow. Atziri's step helped a lot for survivability. I managed to 5L my queen of the forest (300 jewelers for 6s) and added faster attacks.

Current stats ~ lvl 86

~ 4.6k tornado shot (x3 with shotgun effect)
~ 4k Life
~ 30k evasion
~ 107% increase move speed
- 40% dodge, 45% spell dodge

Haven't done the math but DPS on bosses is > 14k (4.66k x 3 + vulnerability)

Current gear

Updated the first post.
Hi ,i'm quite new (i only have a PA ranger in standard lvl 79 ) and have some first hand hand experience but most of my choices are based by reading guides/theorycrafting at the forums.

I'm looking to play a high EV,high Ms and balanced dps/life(pierce if possible) build , for rampage , the thing is , i really like IceShot and i'm gonna be self found.

So my question is , can i use your tree (if a few mods are needed what would those be ? IS scales on both phys and ele(cold) dmg so i get confused) , and sub Tornado for Ice shot , perhaps still having puncture as a single target (i really like puncture and with the ms you get in this build it would be fun running around and let the rare/boss chase you dying on his own).

Truth be told , i want to avoid the classic noob mistakes i did with my first PA ranger, although i made it to 79 i'm quite weak on life , can't run auras efficiently etc.( needs a costly respec for sure even though i got some advice that helped from another thread) all the while playing from scratch in rampage and using IS .
I haven't been able to find an updated IS build that caters to very new/self found players (the best around is too vague and general and using high crit which i don't think it makes it noob friendy).

My current L28 tree is this

Seems pretty close to what you are doing and i don't want to go any further without making sure it is gonna work , if there's any big mistakes i guess i can reroll :D
Last edited by Christos0b on Sep 3, 2014, 9:40:43 AM
Hi,

I haven't tested ice shot with my tree but I'm pretty sure it can work well. The goal of the build is to get high evasion, high move speed and be reflect immune. By taking another gem setup you should be do pretty well with all bow attacks.

You won't have as much dps as crit builds, but you will have more survivability. And because of reflect immune the build is more noob friendly IMO.

The only aura mandatory is grace, then you can choose a second aura that suit well your main attack. Hatred for pure physical, haste could be used with ice shot, ...

I have done atziri yesterday, I managed to get to her without any death and ripped 3 times. The most challenging part is the 4x form. Evading her flameblast has never been as easy.
Could you post some videos?
hey, i really like your build and i just started to play a character based on it but i do have a question relating to the skill tree. wouldn't it be a huge buff in movement speed to pick up leather and steel to remove the 25% movement speed penalty from the queen of the forest robe or doesn't it affect it?
Last edited by Relior on Sep 7, 2014, 3:03:43 AM
"
wenhao232 wrote:
Could you post some videos?

I will try to upload some videos soon.

"
Relior wrote:
hey, i really like your build and i just started to play a character based on it but i do have a question relating to the skill tree. wouldn't it be a huge buff in movement speed to pick up leather and steel to remove the 25% movement speed penalty from the queen of the forest robe or doesn't it affect it?

I think this passive just remove the armor penalty movement, but not the panalty of queen of the forest. For evasion armor, that's only 4% reduced move speed
Updated the first post with 2 videos :
- a piety run where i face xandro in a vorici mission where I don't have to kill any guard
- a 8 mods corrupted plateau map with two tricky rogue exiles

I'm currently testing Chin sol as main weapon, and it works very well. With our high move speed, it's easy and fast to postion well to get the 100% more damage. I'm also testing trap + puncture + point blank : it's very effective against bosses (see the piety run), but can be tricky to kill yellow mobs or exiles.
How is tornado shot vs split arrow +pierce for the clear speed ?
---

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info