[1.2] Queen of the forest - Reflect immune, 120% move speed, Atziri done

Hi there,

Rampage and Forsaken Masters are all about speed. The idea of this guild is to get as much evasion as we can with the body armor Queen of the forest to get high move speed to help making big kill streaks and complete masters' quests with a timer.

High evasion combined with Ondar's guile also provide reflect immunity (97% chance to evade reflect + life leech)

Pro & cons

Pro :
- Reflect immune
- High move speed
- Can do all maps (blood magic without auras not tested)
- Easy kitting
- Excellent for searching masters or corrupted zones
- Good single target dps, decent pack clear speed

Cons:
- RT exiles may be hard (especially xandro and the EK totem one)
- Vagan is hard
- Vulnerable to heavy elemental damage (Beware of Magnus)

Current stats ~ lvl 87

~ 5.8k tornado shot (x3 with shotgun effect)
~ 4k Life
~ 30k evasion
~ 120% increase move speed
- 40% dodge, 45% spell dodge

Current gear

skills

- 4L : tornado shot + LMP + PPAD + pierce (5L: FA, 6L : Added fire)
- 4L : puncture + PPAD + curse on hit + vulnerability
- 2 auras : grace and hatred linked with reduced mana
- classic cwdt setup (TODO)

Bandits

- Normal : Oak
- Cruel : Oak (can be Kraityn if you play in aura parties)
- Merciless : kill all

Ondar's guile & reflect

Ondar's guile double your chances to evade projectile attacks, and you can evade your own reflect. That means this keystone is a must have for our build that focus heavily on evasion.

"
Chance to Evade = 1 - Attacker's Accuracy / ( Attacker's Accuracy + (Defender's Evasion / 4) ^ 0.8 )

With 40k evasion, you can have up to 1750 accuracy and still evade 95% of your reflect damage.

With 40% dodge chance, you can evade up to 97 % of your reflect damage.

Evade chance vs Accuracy and evasion

1000 accuracy
- 20k EV : 95%
- 30k EV : 95%
- 40k EV : 95%

1500 accuracy
- 20k EV : 75.5%
- 30k EV : 91.3%
- 40k EV : 95%

2000 accuracy
- 20k EV : 62.5%
- 30k EV : 77.3%
- 40k EV : 88.4%

2500 accuracy
- 20k EV : 53.4%
- 30k EV : 67%
- 40k EV : 77.6%

3000 accuracy
- 20k EV : 46.5%
- 30k EV : 59.1%
- 40k EV : 69.1%

More detailed chart, up to 30k evasion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/800450

Achievements

- Haku quest done in < 20 sec (the one in which you take the karui spirit at the start)
- Physical reflect map done without any problems.
- Double Reflect + vulnerability maps done
- 650 kills streak, need a map with more monsters
- Clearing lvl 75 map in < 10 min
- Atziri done (3 deaths)

Any criticism or suggestion on the build are welcome :).
Last edited by Tartos on Sep 9, 2014, 12:56:01 PM
Hello,

I am looking for a build which:
- isn't too expensive
- fit for Lioneye's Glare
- have high survivability
- have nice clear speed

Your idea is just perfect for me. I read a lot of build for physical bow, but your plan is the only which has aroused my interest.
I have an 5L 297 pdps LG and I would like to make a build around it. Every other piece of gear is quite cheap. I plan to use it with Rat's Nest (attack speed, movement speed, high EVA) and physical Doryani's belt (nice resistance boost, LL and physical damage). Maybe later I will change them, because of these don't give HP and it could be problem at high damage dealers like Kole.

But anyway, I plan to make it from my lvl83 duelist after reset, duelists starting place has some nice dps nodes. I didn't decide yet which nodes I should remove because of extra nodes.

Thanks for shared your plan with us, I will try it and I will write my experiences if you are interested in.
Last edited by Jehudinmehudi on Aug 19, 2014, 3:17:51 AM
Rat's nest is definitely a good helm for this build if you already have enough life / res

I'm looking forward to your experience with Lioneye's Glare, especially with reflect packs.
"
Jehudinmehudi wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a build which:
- isn't too expensive
- fit for Lioneye's Glare
- have high survivability
- have nice clear speed

Your idea is just perfect for me. I read a lot of build for physical bow, but your plan is the only which has aroused my interest.
I have an 5L 297 pdps LG and I would like to make a build around it. Every other piece of gear is quite cheap. I plan to use it with Rat's Nest (attack speed, movement speed, high EVA) and physical Doryani's belt (nice resistance boost, LL and physical damage). Maybe later I will change them, because of these don't give HP and it could be problem at high damage dealers like Kole.

But anyway, I plan to make it from my lvl83 duelist after reset, duelists starting place has some nice dps nodes. I didn't decide yet which nodes I should remove because of extra nodes.

Thanks for shared your plan with us, I will try it and I will write my experiences if you are interested in.

Lioneye's Glare is a poor choice for ANY evasion based builds. This is because on reflect you have a chance to evade the reflect damage. With Lioneye's you cannot evade attacks, even your own when they are reflected to you.
IGN - Customs
#1 Duelist Season 4
I quite like your build! One of the few that isn't focused on crit.

However, how do you intend to keep your mana up with no source of replenishment other than flasks?
If I can get few more res on gear, I think i will drop one of the EV/ES cluster to get either the 2% mana leech node or the +2 mana on hit one.

Mana leech on jewelery can also do the trick, and I expect a lower mana cost (saw that added fire got a reduced multiplier already).
Here's my more manageable 99 point alternative: https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9decK_roKm3jr_MVW-meg3Q1314d2_sh_K0p9MHzWio19UUcj9o2_TZIFtcLs1CO0xTBxYqzdqJ2qbIxtbEt4tUg6QgYjH0EDHha_JpVh4lVL-uuS815Fqwtyw8wGKlt59kM2Uuw2Pa_relNh6896shkyAZsm6NbrFJAKpuB_AjKU2caVBcqpXWia8QiJJT-r0tqNLOmkOdCBR-Ii4hUgSsg_JypNrEd9WxXw-WMZ_hsB44TAnKc0

I took pierce, too, I think it'd go very well with TS and potentially the new "return projectiles" item mod.

What do you think of using a stun gem? Never used it before, and it might actually be quite powerful here.
There is less evasion, but you're using less point, i would use the 3 next point on the EV/movespeed cluster south east. I like the idea of dropping the scion life wheel to grab nearest life nodes and get mana and life leech.

I missed an info on that potentially new "return projectiles" item mod ? :P

What's the goal of the stun gem ? Why not knockback ? There is already the hatred aura that can grant crowd control and can be increased with additionnal physical damage
Looking at what will happen to my current bow user few things:

- added fire needs str., hatred needs int. (ranger tree is really weak on str. and int. so if you dont want to keep them on low lvl all +30 int or str. near ranger could be mandatory

- you must keep your mana pool (hard with 2 auras) so mana leach or even Revelry passive in bottom part if you are going for pierce (it gives 2 mana on hit and with pierce support - pierce passive and pierce quiver it is not problem to get 100% which grants many hits)

- if you go for Revelry you have point blank on your way (must have for all tanky archers)

"
Tartos wrote:
There is less evasion, but you're using less point, i would use the 3 next point on the EV/movespeed cluster south east. I like the idea of dropping the scion life wheel to grab nearest life nodes and get mana and life leech.

I missed an info on that potentially new "return projectiles" item mod ? :P

What's the goal of the stun gem ? Why not knockback ? There is already the hatred aura that can grant crowd control and can be increased with additionnal physical damage

If you're using Hatred, I'd spend 7 more points in the Duelist area to buff it by 50%. Instead, I'd use Haste, and Stun for CC.

Knockback doesn't stun.

Returning projectiles: Yeah, it's a new mod that was revealed in one of the master videos, I think! Projectiles return upon hitting an enemy, so it helps to pierce the enemy, hit the one behind him and hit the 1st once more with the returning projectile. So far the theory, let's see if it's actually useful.

Edit: I just made another non-crit build with more dmg, but less life/EV and ran the numbers through a calc, and my crit build has around 25% more damage, as long as it has 5 power charges up.
Biggest advantage of the non crit build is that non crit bows will be quite a bit cheaper, I'm sure.

Here's the 2nd non-crit https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9decK_roKm3jr_MVW-meg3Q1314d2_sh_K0p9MHzWio19UUcj9o2_TZIFtcLs1CO0xTBxYqzdqJ2qbIxtbEt4tUg6QgYjH0EDHha_JpVh4lVL-uuS815Fqwtyw8wGKlt59kM2Uuw2Pa_relNh6896shkyAZsm6NbrFJAKpuB_AjKU2caVBcqpXWia8QiJJT-r0tqNLOkV8PljGf4bAeOEwJynNOpi-rEZtMrT3sa-p82YwA_STdXt

and the crit version
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9decK_roKm3jr_MVW-meg3Q1314d2W6_-yH8rOdRKfSF2MHzWinb3hs6NfVFHMfrBMyP251SNv6CfTZIk_QW1_97C7NQjtMUwcdvnYqzdqEcGnapsjG1sS3j2_LVIOkKnNPPqBiMqCx9BcFIDHha_JpVh4lVLjDb665LzXkWrC3LDzAYqW3n2QzZS7GND8uE2PXDVidNv8q_relNh6896shkyAZsm6NbrFJAKpuB_AjKU2caVBaGkBfnh2w==

Last edited by Quakespeare on Aug 19, 2014, 5:48:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info