A Cold Crit Witch Guide 2.0 (RE-DONE!) Check it out!

Where are you guys getting your crit chance? I'm at 31% on my Freezing Pulse at 54 lvl, monsters are certainly not frozen all the time.
I've seen Witches with 70-75% crit, at that point its a good defense, but what about before you get to 50% crit at the very least, you have very low defenses.

Currently at 54, Act 1 Merciless, 750HP, 1.1k Shield, 40 all resists.
My FP with LMP is at 1.1k DPS.
mmh.. if i was to go for the CI, which level do you think would be the best one to actually get it ?
it's kinda risky without it's old buff from what i can see
Thanks for answering my questions shibloble :)

also berny:
"
berny wrote:
mmh.. if i was to go for the CI, which level do you think would be the best one to actually get it ?
it's kinda risky without it's old buff from what i can see

"
shibloble wrote:
Hard question to answer, prob not till end of cruel at the earliest. No one has a "perfect" time to get it
Most agree on the following however:
-when your ES can take a few hits before getting to your life (2k+ or so)
-Chaos damage is killing you over and over.

Last edited by KeWLegion on Feb 4, 2013, 5:52:44 PM
Great guide, Thanks!
Also in a more general sense, is it ok to get some IIR or IIQ before you get to endgame? or better stick to throughput stats?
And an order for which gems to upgrade in quality and when (I'm guessing Freezing Pulse is priority, since the faster projectile speed bonus is pretty good on it?).

Some average life/es/damage numbers milestones to reach for each difficulty would be nice too.

Thanks a lot for the guide!
bumping for greater glory
"
BanderitaUSA wrote:
Where are you guys getting your crit chance? I'm at 31% on my Freezing Pulse at 54 lvl, monsters are certainly not frozen all the time.
I've seen Witches with 70-75% crit, at that point its a good defense, but what about before you get to 50% crit at the very least, you have very low defenses.

Currently at 54, Act 1 Merciless, 750HP, 1.1k Shield, 40 all resists.
My FP with LMP is at 1.1k DPS.

You won't be locking down enemies 24/7 until you build more crit. What most witches do, if they lack crit chance they take crit chance nodes or aim for crit chance on items. If you choose to go crit chance nodes, be ready to respec later if need be. Sometimes more crit chance nodes early on is a better def then ES %.
IGN-Shibloble

Got some spare time? Come check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shibloble?feature=mhee
"
BanderitaUSA wrote:
Also in a more general sense, is it ok to get some IIR or IIQ before you get to endgame? or better stick to throughput stats?
And an order for which gems to upgrade in quality and when (I'm guessing Freezing Pulse is priority, since the faster projectile speed bonus is pretty good on it?).

Some average life/es/damage numbers milestones to reach for each difficulty would be nice too.

Thanks a lot for the guide!

IIR/IIQ: Go for it, as long as it does not hurt your stats too badly.

With the order of quality on skills, it is up to you. I myself focus cold snap/FP/Clarity.

It is hard to make a "base" guideline for stats going into different difficulties. The reasoning behind this is freeze. The more you can freeze, the less health/es/damage you need.
I have seen a witch with 200 health and 550 shields be able to do better in cruel then a witch with 300 health and 700 es simply because he can freeze more often.
IGN-Shibloble

Got some spare time? Come check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shibloble?feature=mhee
Last edited by J4ck on Feb 6, 2013, 10:59:09 AM
very good guide ! thank u good sir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info