Massively Reveals: Tora, Master of the Hunt and Beyond League

"
roetetoet wrote:

Serious Chris.. Why separate leagues like that it's unfair to those that can not play beyond.

Hardcore players felt exactly the same during Anarchy and Onslaught.
Anarchy had the special content, while Onslaught had a barely noticable buff to monsters' speed.

I am glad that will the opposite now.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Something people didn't seem to understand in Invasion League is that making it harder to farm areas because of the invading bosses, made the economy a lot more competitive since you have to play by the same rules as the others.

Complains about ambush having more "loot" doesn't make sense since they are totally separated realms. I do understand it for those who wanted to get the achievements or even send stuff to Standard. (lol why?)

Now people are asking again for loot to compensate for the danger that's added. In my opinion that doesn't matter, because it's more a way to keep a balance between the fast rushers and the steady slow players. Also prevents bots by a huge degree.
IGN: PipeBender
"
peilord wrote:
Something people didn't seem to understand in Invasion League is that making it harder to farm areas because of the invading bosses, made the economy a lot more competitive since you have to play by the same rules as the others.

Complains about ambush having more "loot" doesn't make sense since they are totally separated realms. I do understand it for those who wanted to get the achievements or even send stuff to Standard. (lol why?)

Now people are asking again for loot to compensate for the danger that's added. In my opinion that doesn't matter, because it's more a way to keep a balance between the fast rushers and the steady slow players. Also prevents bots by a huge degree.

Nice logic about the economy and the invaders. Who cares that in ARPG where the loot is the most important stuff in ambush there are awesome chests dropping insane loot, no one because it's another realm. Here in invasion we got invaders with 0 risk;reward ratio balancing the economy Yey
"
PANDORAS_BOX wrote:
"
peilord wrote:

Nice logic about the economy and the invaders. Who cares that in ARPG where the loot is the most important stuff in ambush there are awesome chests dropping insane loot, no one because it's another realm. Here in invasion we got invaders with 0 risk;reward ratio balancing the economy Yey

Seems I didn't explain myself properly or you're missing my point.

You don't compete with ambush players, you play with/against other people who are experiencing the same annoying bosses as you.

I may be biased, but I don't play arpgs to obtain wealth or best in slot items in all my inventory, I play PoE because of the thrill the fights allow me to experience, and also to theorycraft ways to beat them.

I'm against oneshot mechanics and I do like getting stuff sometimes, but people seem to overreact too much.
IGN: PipeBender
Last edited by peilord on Aug 15, 2014, 3:40:49 PM
Vaal Lightning Warp just became a little more useful.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
I feel like their doesn't need to be an entirely different mechanic for softcore and hardcore leagues. For me personally the rampage is not as cool as the beyond but I prefer to play in the softcore leagues.
Isn't it enough of a difference that hardcore is permadeath? I appreciate all the thought and hard work that you guys put into the leagues but I don't think it's necessary to make them so different from eachother.
i <3 minesweeper
how come i read so many complaints likely from hardcore players about "worse" loot comparing to the softcore counterpart league.

just play softcore, or bite and slash your way through like a true hardcore gamer.

PLUS wait for release before forecasting anything.
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
"
MadBro_ wrote:
lol you guys , yeee because hardcore shifting always to a more and more boring gameplay is something i totally made out and that we shouldnt worry about , at ALL!!

Wait i got a better one , the damn originality ..if anyone in here is gonna give me an argument that this is not invasion just twisted so others can blame you instead of GGG for the retarded bosses please go on.

Invasion was a failure, so yes, this is invasion, but with the 4-5 months of experience learned about invasion, and then applied into a way where you can test the waters yourself at first, and then later reap the rewards of it on a constant basis if you so choose.

The portals spawning invading monsters is a bit different, as it will likely create more pack density, instead of just replacing some monster packs. This should help players over-level themselves to be safe while progressing, and not having to back-track as much which I think is a good thing.

I'm also sure the bosses will drop better loot since there wont exactly be one in every zone, which will let GGG help their drop rates to be a bit more than invasions, which will help players gear up while leveling and maybe find more good loot in maps.

I'm not arguing that it's new and original, but if you have a good idea that doesn't pan out proper, why not rebuild it with the knowledge you've gained and make it right? Isn't that what every other updatable game does?
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
peilord wrote:
"
PANDORAS_BOX wrote:
"
peilord wrote:

Seems I didn't explain myself properly or you're missing my point.

You don't compete with ambush players, you play with/against other people who are experiencing the same annoying bosses as you.

I may be biased, but I don't play arpgs to obtain wealth or best in slot items in all my inventory, I play PoE because of the thrill the fights allow me to experience, and also to theorycraft ways to beat them.

I'm against oneshot mechanics and I do like getting stuff sometimes, but people seem to overreact too much.

I think not all that complain about risk/reward are comparing to to boxes. I myself just think its pretty anti-climatic to get only blues from say pre-nerfed c'asqa. (yeah it happened more than once with a bit of mf).
The problem also lies with people skipping because its not worth it, I tried to kill almost everything I saw (most of my deaths are due to my stuborness) and had some pretty difficult battles and sometimes the rewards just felt like a kick in the nuts, like: I spent x minutes nearly dying y times for THIS?

EDIT: Cant wait! GGG WHY U DO THIS TO US D=

EDIT2: NVM, I know why you do and you tend to work until the very last minute, but so hypeeeeeeeee
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 15, 2014, 9:36:42 PM
"
Nice. Also very impressed with the new skill tree!

where is everyone seeing this new skill tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info