[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

Curiously enough Leap Slam won't work with mace in offhand so you need to have the mace in main hand and the dagger in offhand.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
How do you get your single target dps im not using the same skill tree but https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAADuBLEFLQV9BbUM8g3RDkgQkhGWFSAWqha_GbQbrSLqIzYj0yP2JP0mlSoLKjgqTSzhLOktVS2DMHwxnjIyNZI90T3iPydDMUV8RwZHfkjuSshM_02STeNRR1MQVUtW9V3yYeJirGNDZU1qk2yMbqpvJ3BScFZ07XX9eK5673sUfXV944RvhrOJ04w2jX2Nv46Kj2CQG5eXl9CaE5pqnaqjiqXLplesZrGztDi0xbXyuT68b702vqfC7MM6037UI9ZY2HbYvdmG2sHbbtvU2-fi1eOE5RnnVOjW7UHvevLh9qP79f6P_rr_3g==?accountName=CryMexis&characterName=CryMexis
I have been sick for around a week and still feel pretty unwell overall, but since questions are piling up I decided to take some time to answer them. If your question is not mentioned in this post then the topic is either addressed in the OP, or it was answered by a community member.
On that note, big shoutout to Jadran, who has been helping out people in this thread over the last coiple of days.

"
Jadran wrote:
Which stats on the off-hand mace/ax affect the Reave attack? I know it is Global Crit Multi and some global hit/kill mods like Death Hand's Power Charge on Stun and Unholy Might on Crit.

But is +Accuracy and e.g. +Life on hit/kill also global?
And what about Relentless Fury's Culling Strike and Onslaught on Culling Strike?

Accuracy is a local mod on weapons. Relentless Fury is an amazing offhand weapon that you can use until you can afford a Death's Hand.

"
Shunay wrote:
Hello guys,

With new assassins skill we can easy regenerate power charge, and now we dont need

What u think about
+ some good dagger (or two good dagger) for increase dps/ or maby shield for surviability?

You can make good Reave builds with Varanustra, however the skilltree would be completely different. Also, since Varanustra counts as a dagger, you would not want to dual wield it with another dagger, but with a stat stick like Death's Hand.

"
oedipat wrote:
Unholy might is not that big buff compared with the great dmg-nerv. I am playing this great built atm. On lvl 77 i was running bino and death hand and my max dmg was around 3ok. now i use double bino and my max dmg jumped to 50k.

Phys dmg is most important thing.

By the way i think it would be worth dropping the increased crit strikes gem to use phys to lightning on 5l. i will try it, when its on lvl 19-20.

Last thing: whats your lifepool with this build? Im not sure using Belly or daressos.

With low gear i have 4k life now, with rare crap 5l chest. If i use daresso, i have 46/46 dodge chance, so it is capped with vaal grace. and i can use immortal call setup.
So i guess belly is for hardcore the better choice and daresso is just a bit more interesting so i use it for my rippy-league.

thx for the build man. i can easy clear my highest maps and just have problems on aoe bosses. aoe and dodge seems to be a liiiiittle bit buggy. there isnt any dodge on things like bladefall, firestorm, groundslam...

1) Double Bino does not offer you anything, also see Jadran's reply. DH is BiS.
2) Converting your physical damage to lightning makes results in your dmg being reduced by monsters' elemental resistances
3) I have slightly over 6k life with Belly

"
UnderMakerz wrote:
looks cool but why not go for alira on merc for the +1 power charge since we get crit multiplier from it?

The crit multi is less effective than the 4%iAS + 4% more dmg from Kraityn.

"
TheKush47 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the guide and build it is super fun to play even while leveling, I am enjoying it a lot. I am confused though by one particular in the guide. When discussing the weapons you state how VP makes Binos useless due to the Instant life leach and negation of Life regen but it doesn't appear that you are taking VP in your skill tree. So I am confused because if VP isn't being used I am wondering why you are mentioning that it negates Binos. Am i Missing something that states I should be using VP and a different skill tree than whats linked in the guide? Or are you mentioning this simply for people who choose to deviate slightly from your build and get VP in some way shape or form? Clarification on this would be much appreciated. Thanks

That part was a relic from the 2.1 guide, where a VP version was available. Thanks for pointing out that inconsistency.

"
Rewynd91 wrote:
As far as gear goes, should I all in for a belly of the beast/deaths hand or look to get decent rares for the rest of my slots.

On the topic of rares, would you recommend evasion pieces or armor/evasion with maxhp+dual res?

Also, on a 5L what would you say are the top5 for reave?
reave + multi + incphys + x + y?

TY

I mostly go with AR/EV, since it is verxy easy to get the required socket colours on them. I would rate Belly more as a late game upgrade, so covering your other slots first seems like a good idea.

"
oedipat wrote:
I just thought the dmg from main and offhand is additive if i dualwield.. if not all my thoughts have to be reworked;)
So the phys dmg is just made by the better dagger/sword/claw and the other hand dmg is 0? So what about crit chance? Can i have one high dmg dagger and one high crit?
Would be brightbeak a good choice because of the attack speed and leapslaming?

maybe in reaquip my death hand tomorrow ;)

the dualwield thing is complicated and the explanation on poe-wiki is almost useless.

Each dagger uses its own stats for the attack that is made with him. Tooltip averages those values to a single attack. So if one dagger has bad crit values, you will fail to crit on every 2nd attack.

"
Fessels2903 wrote:
I am certain that there is a good reason for it, but I am a bit curious about it none the less.

This is a crit dagger build, yet Leap Slam is build in as a Opening/finisher move. It requires either an axe, mace, sword or staff? Those four weapon types usually have lower crit chance and are slower in speed? Would that not take a way from the possible damage potential?

Do not get me wrong, I am enjoying this build since I switched to it. And yeah I know I could try something else, but as I mentioned ... I am just a bit curious about the Leap Slam choice. :)

The Mace's DPS will not affect your Reave (even though tooltip says otherwise).

"
Ishamz wrote:
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
I am certain that there is a good reason for it, but I am a bit curious about it none the less.

This is a crit dagger build, yet Leap Slam is build in as a Opening/finisher move. It requires either an axe, mace, sword or staff? Those four weapon types usually have lower crit chance and are slower in speed? Would that not take a way from the possible damage potential?

Do not get me wrong, I am enjoying this build since I switched to it. And yeah I know I could try something else, but as I mentioned ... I am just a bit curious about the Leap Slam choice. :)

The Death's Hand is a mace, so you can use leap slam. It's mainly to jump over ledges and shit like that, which whirling blades can't do. at least thats what I use it for haha.

nice build, im worried about survivability tho, using a 5l belly, dps is fine with only lv16 gems im at 55k dps buffed, only 3.2k life tho. i do have some life nodes left to pick up, but i probably wont have more than 4.5k

Leap Slam is for jumping over walls, cliffs etc. It is not mandatory, but more of a QoL thing. Doing e.g. Shrine maps without it is quite tedious.
I have slightly over 6k life despite not having a life mod on my amulet, so you should be able to reach those numbers aswell.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Last edited by candoerfer on Mar 19, 2016, 12:20:02 PM
"
CryMexis wrote:
How do you get your single target dps im not using the same skill tree but https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAADuBLEFLQV9BbUM8g3RDkgQkhGWFSAWqha_GbQbrSLqIzYj0yP2JP0mlSoLKjgqTSzhLOktVS2DMHwxnjIyNZI90T3iPydDMUV8RwZHfkjuSshM_02STeNRR1MQVUtW9V3yYeJirGNDZU1qk2yMbqpvJ3BScFZ07XX9eK5673sUfXV944RvhrOJ04w2jX2Nv46Kj2CQG5eXl9CaE5pqnaqjiqXLplesZrGztDi0xbXyuT68b702vqfC7MM6037UI9ZY2HbYvdmG2sHbbtvU2-fi1eOE5RnnVOjW7UHvevLh9qP79f6P_rr_3g==?accountName=CryMexis&characterName=CryMexis

From the looks of your passive tree you are not dual wielding, which is a huge dmg loss. You are also taking elemental nodes for some reason, which is very questionable.
"
time2kickass wrote:
Hey,

Thanks for this amazing build. Started playing POE for the first time last week so bear with me. As I play more and search the internets for more info regarding PoE I managed to understand most of the choices for this build (gearwise + gemwise, etc) and have come to accept that what this build says is law :P. However there are 2 things that I need to to ask of you:

Firstly, at what level should I stop with CwDt gem ?

And secondly, I'm 62 lvl atm and I'm about to add the IC gem into the CwDt - Vall Haste - Inc Duration (Didn't have the slot before). I believe that so far with my setup I create 0 Endurance Charges. How will Immortal Call work without any of em ?

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance for helping me out !

1) The CwDt level depends on your over health pool, but between lvl 12-14 should be an appropriate range. Make sure Vaal Haste always has a higher level requirement than your CwDt!
2) IC will trigger with a (very) short duration

Hey, thx for all the answers ;)

Im around lvl 88 now and can run most of the mods in tier 9-11 maps. With a nice clearspeed ;)

What should i get first on my gear, a better dagger than binos, or 6 link? Im using daressos.

Last question: pcoc is useless with assassin class and death hand. what would be a good last support gem, if you dont like the element-style?
"
oedipat wrote:
Hey, thx for all the answers ;)

Im around lvl 88 now and can run most of the mods in tier 9-11 maps. With a nice clearspeed ;)

What should i get first on my gear, a better dagger than binos, or 6 link? Im using daressos.

Last question: pcoc is useless with assassin class and death hand. what would be a good last support gem, if you dont like the element-style?

I know I'm not OP, but I've personally been using FA instead of proc, since I agree that the gem is completely useless.
Hello !
Cool build I'm really enjoying it right now :). I have a question, just got my sweet "Shadows and Dust" should I use these or keep looking for Atziri's Acuity?
Acuity is most important item for endgame. Otherwise i get problems on facetank bosses.

I tried Atziri now. But i got Problems on vaal and i got problems on this splitted atziri phases. i guess my dmg is too low. in town i have 19k, with all my buffs i can reach 100k. I could try to increase my life too, its 4.5k now.

And in my opinion some spells are bugged. i never dodged flameblast, ball lightning, or firerstorm. and my dodge is just capped in fights...

i am really sad with eva-dodge-right-site-of-the-game system. no idea why ggg just ignores this problems.

"
oedipat wrote:
Acuity is most important item for endgame. Otherwise i get problems on facetank bosses.

I tried Atziri now. But i got Problems on vaal and i got problems on this splitted atziri phases. i guess my dmg is too low. in town i have 19k, with all my buffs i can reach 100k. I could try to increase my life too, its 4.5k now.

And in my opinion some spells are bugged. i never dodged flameblast, ball lightning, or firerstorm. and my dodge is just capped in fights...

i am really sad with eva-dodge-right-site-of-the-game system. no idea why ggg just ignores this problems.

You're sad because you have no clue of how this game's mechanics work.

You need spell dodge to dodge spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info