[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
Qwark28 wrote:
30% as chaos is unresisted and cannot be reflected, you could get the same damage with an offhand but you'd have to deal with DW mechanics.

Physical damage is barely negated aswell due to armor piercing and enables you to leech. So improving your phyiscal dmg with an offhand "stat stick" is in no regards inferior to chaos based dmg increases.

"
Qwark28 wrote:
Doryani's is strictly inferior to death's hand.

If you disregard the PC part (due to reasons I mentioned above) then, depending on your crit chance, Doryani's can certainly stand up do DH. However I am actually a bit confused about why you are bringing up this comparison here, as I have neither mentioned Doryani's in my initial response nor base any of my arguments on it.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
I've tested the Death's Hand and Doryani's in comparison as well, and I can confirm significantly higher DPS comes from the Death's Hand than Doryani's (mine below for reference to rolls)

I would be very interested to see the rest of the gear you are using.
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
I've tested the Death's Hand and Doryani's in comparison as well, and I can confirm significantly higher DPS comes from the Death's Hand than Doryani's (mine below for reference to rolls)

I linked it all before? Check my previous post, there was a list of all my weapons and gear. I didn't hold back much on gearing.
Wouldn't spirit void be superior to Mind drinker?

Also wouldn't faster attacks be more dps than added fire damage?
Last edited by LifeIsShyt on Nov 13, 2015, 8:55:23 PM
"
LifeIsShyt wrote:

Added fire adds a shitload of damage, best to use it usually.
"
"
candoerfer wrote:
"

I linked it all before? Check my previous post, there was a list of all my weapons and gear. I didn't hold back much on gearing.

I have overseen that, thanks!

"
LifeIsShyt wrote:

Spirit Void requires 3 points compared to the 2 point investment of Mind Drinker.
Added Fire increases your on hit dmg and as a result improves your potential to one-shot. Swinging once is better than having to attack twice at a faster rate.

"
I've tested the Death's Hand and Doryani's in comparison as well, and I can confirm significantly higher DPS comes from the Death's Hand than Doryani's

I had a look at your gear and I cannot see how DH should give you a significant DPS increase over Doryani's, or did you mean that equipping DH gives you a significant tooltip increase? Since the tooltip is based on alternating weapon attacks it is obvious that DH will show higher numbers as its base stats are significantly better (8+% crit vs only 6%).
Any chance you could link the flasks you use?

Not sure if surgeons are good for this build.
"
candoerfer wrote:

"
I've tested the Death's Hand and Doryani's in comparison as well, and I can confirm significantly higher DPS comes from the Death's Hand than Doryani's

I had a look at your gear and I cannot see how DH should give you a significant DPS increase over Doryani's, or did you mean that equipping DH gives you a significant tooltip increase? Since the tooltip is based on alternating weapon attacks it is obvious that DH will show higher numbers as its base stats are significantly better (8+% crit vs only 6%).

I am factoring in the Unholy Might, if you're not. It's on constantly, and so should be considered in DPS calculations. I was using tooltip, yes, but the difference was somewhere in the range of 7000-8000 tooltip DPS difference, so definitely significant. I am quite sure that I get more damage with it. I don't know if you've used it, but try it.

Also, I've been thinking about my gloves. Upgrading my rings isn't cheap, and I've been wondering if it might be better to get some solid offensive stats there and instead put some of the longevity on a solid pair of rare gloves. What do you think?
"
LifeIsShyt wrote:

Apart from maybe a Surgeon's Granit Flask of Iron Skin the Surgeon's mod is not really usefull.

"
"
candoerfer wrote:

I am factoring in the Unholy Might, if you're not. It's on constantly, and so should be considered in DPS calculations. I was using tooltip, yes, but the difference was somewhere in the range of 7000-8000 tooltip DPS difference, so definitely significant. I am quite sure that I get more damage with it. I don't know if you've used it, but try it.

Also, I've been thinking about my gloves. Upgrading my rings isn't cheap, and I've been wondering if it might be better to get some solid offensive stats there and instead put some of the longevity on a solid pair of rare gloves. What do you think?

When you have base DPS of ~80k with about 450% crit multi then reducing your (displayed) crit chance by 17.5% ((8.1%-6%)/(8.1*2)) obviously will result in a DPS loss of several thousand points. As already mentioned in the guide, you cannot draw any conclusions from your tooltip, since the underlying numbers are totally wrong.
Regarding Maligaro's: For this build I strongly dislike items without a life mod and the boni that Maligaro's provides aren't even that impressive in the first place. Once you make the switch to Diamond rings, you shouldn't even need the additional crit% anymore.
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
LifeIsShyt wrote:

Apart from maybe a Surgeon's Granit Flask of Iron Skin the Surgeon's mod is not really usefull.

"
"
candoerfer wrote:

When you have base DPS of ~80k with about 450% crit multi then reducing your (displayed) crit chance by 17.5% ((8.1%-6%)/(8.1*2)) obviously will result in a DPS loss of several thousand points. As already mentioned in the guide, you cannot draw any conclusions from your tooltip, since the underlying numbers are totally wrong.
Regarding Maligaro's: For this build I strongly dislike items without a life mod and the boni that Maligaro's provides aren't even that impressive in the first place. Once you make the switch to Diamond rings, you shouldn't even need the additional crit% anymore.

Alright, I'll run and record some white maps and compare clear/boss speeds for both offhands.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info