[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

nice build, but can you please post some 2.1 video? and this can normal Atziri or Uber?
How is the best way to build this tree at level 30 / 50 / 80 ..

Nice guide , and nice build, Talisman HYPE ! GGGuys.
First of thanks for your guide candoerfer. It really helped me getting started with POE and learning more about it.

I just started a week ago and really want to make a Reave build. Now I've got 2 guides I'm looking at currently, which are yours and one of ZiggyD:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q4nD7P5GJac3t4bgWRdtdikz2uz-7OxJfmxqdFM3ZKE/edit#gid=0

Now I'm looked through both guides and compared them and saw the main diffences were that you use dagger while he uses one handed swords. And that you use more skills for movement while he depends on Whirling Blades.

Is this true or what do you think are the main differences and which one would be better in 2.1 in your opponion, and why?
Gyus if I want to buy some off-hand weapon what characteristics I should pay attention to?
@Reedgf Relentless Fury for budget, Death's Hand as BiS.
I am sorry that some of the responses come rather late, was quite busy over the last week and only had very limited time to check for new questions.

"
Setracset wrote:
So Blasphemy is no longer viable at 35%, Hatred and HoA are indispensable, at least for me, dang I was excited to switch out PCoC for Fortify

With the increased mana per level and the mana cost reduction of reave, combining Hatred & Blasphemy should still work out. I am more worried about Blasphemy's AoE, which is why I am currently leveling it to 20/20 for further testing.

"
Zweiwei wrote:
nice build, but can you please post some 2.1 video? and this can normal Atziri or Uber?

Sadly my PC cannot handle recording videos with watchable quality. Normal Atziri is a a piece of cake, Uber is quite tough as a melee build, but should be doable with high-end gear and good mechanical skills.

"
ldoscorrea wrote:
How is the best way to build this tree at level 30 / 50 / 80 ..

Nice guide , and nice build, Talisman HYPE ! GGGuys.

I stopped doing leveling builds at some point, because it required updating 4 builds every patch. Just follow the item node priorization outlined in the "Skilltree Progression" section.

"
Pwnmanship wrote:
First of thanks for your guide candoerfer. It really helped me getting started with POE and learning more about it.

I just started a week ago and really want to make a Reave build. Now I've got 2 guides I'm looking at currently, which are yours and one of ZiggyD:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q4nD7P5GJac3t4bgWRdtdikz2uz-7OxJfmxqdFM3ZKE/edit#gid=0

Now I'm looked through both guides and compared them and saw the main diffences were that you use dagger while he uses one handed swords. And that you use more skills for movement while he depends on Whirling Blades.

Is this true or what do you think are the main differences and which one would be better in 2.1 in your opponion, and why?

ZiggyD's build is more budget friendly and has limited scaling potential due to the usage of swords. My build is more endgame oriented.

"
Reedgf wrote:
Gyus if I want to buy some off-hand weapon what characteristics I should pay attention to?

Pretty much this:
"
Bilej_Jezdec wrote:
@Reedgf Relentless Fury for budget, Death's Hand as BiS.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
I decided to do this build in hardcore for some reason. Will I rip?
Currently level 72 at ~15k dps with only 4 frenzy charges and still a lot of critnodes/dps nodes left to take.

I will hit 4.5-5k hp which is not THAT squishy I guess. Any way to make it more HC viable? I was thinking investing more into DW block and running that dagger that gives you 12% more block while DW as well, would that be any significant change or just waste of points/dps ?
Last edited by ImoK on Dec 23, 2015, 9:43:40 PM
"
ImoK wrote:
Currently level 72 at ~15k dps with only 4 frenzy charges and still a lot of critnodes/dps nodes left to take.

I will hit 4.5-5k hp which is not THAT squishy I guess. Any way to make it more HC viable? I was thinking investing more into DW block and running that dagger that gives you 12% more block while DW as well, would that be any significant change or just waste of points/dps ?

This guide is not hc oriented, however I personally read all 2.1 guide on reave, and trying to make a "tankier" typical DW crit reave (it's on sc, but I'd like to get to 95 let's say, and without OP's kind of gear it's insanely hard).

That's my passive tree at 86. Regular bandit rewards Oak/Krait/Krait... though you can take skill point in cruel/merci if you feel like it.

Anyhow, it's more about playstyle since it's melee skill... having things on utility skills/flasks. Like for example I always have one "knockback on hit" utility flask, to create some space between me and mobs if needed. Then you should see and get a Vaal Grace or two + Inc Duration for survavability. Anyhow, you can take a look at my char to see what I currently have on him.
Note: Just got like 5mins ago Light Coil, so tried to put it together... as I had tri res + life chest, and now it has -60 res :p.

Also a note, if HC might wanna try running Grace + Blasphemy Enfeeble in parties where someone's got Hatred covered. And focus on evasion, since it goes well together with whole theme... also ranger start beats shadow's defensively specifically for this.

lvl 86
HP 4905
Mana leech only on gloves (once you get some dmg, it's really ez to sustain)
Cap res, 1% positive chaos :p
50k Reave on 5L (Reave + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Inc. Aoe + Fortify)
3 Power Charges - 4 Frenzy Charges

Current aim, Inc. Dur + 2x Vaal Grace + Vaal Haste. Fix res for my new chest (LC), and get Taste of Hate. Also that offhand sceptre is fine... but you lose ton deeps, crit for offhand (since reave alternates), but sure realiable way for power charges... it's just I prefer another dagger.

Also it sucks that without god tier daggers leech is crappy, so bino's is a better choice for you and party. Exception to the rule is if you really focus on getting leech % on gear/tree, can test... but I'm sure then it's more than great. Warlords + Blood Rage + few % on tree, some on gear and it should be fine. Might try that sometime myself in standard, then if it's good do in Tali.

Regards!
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Hm I might of figured it out.

Death's hand as offhand for power charges, frees up blasphemy for me.
That way I can run AA instead for 14% dmg reduction. Together with a 5l daressos defiance another 12% dmg reduction always up and running making it both armor/evasion based I guess. If I get enough dps (I'd like to hit atleast 40k - then I will run grace instead of hatred).

And if I survive this long I can run lightning coil for another 30% reduction. Block would be waste of nodes I figured.

e: dps isnt an issue i guess, at 33k now at lvl 77 with a really bad 230 dps dagger with no crit
Last edited by ImoK on Dec 24, 2015, 5:21:51 PM
"
ImoK wrote:

I played this build in Tempest and while it is very strong in HC as well, it is very likely that you will eventually die to a random one-shot due to the fact that your defences largely rely on RNG.

"
ImoK wrote:
Hm I might of figured it out.

Death's hand as offhand for power charges, frees up blasphemy for me.

This only works as long as you are not joining high lvl map rotations.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info