[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

Yeah, agree about perandus. But still, how about spell block?
Once you get high enough dmg (bino or decent rare with ~220 pDPS, 9%+ crit) you will leech like crazy and don't die anymore. The DPS loss from SoL is HUGE, amulet rolls are the most important dmg source right after your main weapon. Rainbowstrides is amazing for CI, but I wouldn't equip it on a life build honestly (except for BoR, Aegis block of course).
For bosses with high spell dmg (palace dom, atziri) I use Saffel's that I always carry in my offhand slot.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
What do you think about Acro/Phase Acro or Iron Will? Used to be a fan of Iron Will, then made the switch over to Acro/Phase (I play in Beyond).

EDIT -

Here's what i came up with for a lvl 66 build that would be the minimum to start maps. Nearly identical, just tweaked for what I think would be a good balance point to start mapping between defense and offense. 66 + 18 skill points = 84 points.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAvrz0xkUKNdYxnqZXTeP-jzWStfIVICpNPydKyG6q3Q0s6Vb6_MXWin8rd9cwfE2SI_aNfaQ50IFH4iLiBbWNv1FHOkJLeN2oMHHUI9vntMXC7Pb8RwanNP_eJP3nVGyMYqydqkp9h3ZnoGND8uF94yzhrGa5Pth2DkhwUonTcNVd8vPqKgu1SO1Bpn8Wv7GzYeImlYw2VUs94rfT18ujihutSO7Tfniu
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Last edited by Vyvanne on Sep 9, 2014, 7:42:58 PM
Yeah, you can do a build like that. I would give the life wheel a higher priority over the dmg nodes though and unless you already have really good crit gear it is better to skill Flaying before Adders Touch. End game version would look like this.
Why don't you use belly of the beast, it gives much more life now... Or carcass jack for aoe? It has a little less life, but the damage boost is nice.
Last edited by dmitriyh on Sep 12, 2014, 11:23:11 AM
Belly of the Beast is really strong. The reason I don't use it is that I would have problems covering my resists. I don't like carcass jack, because dmg is the only thing that a crit build has more than enough of. I'd rather get a rare with good stats.
HI, any thoughts on lightning coil for the build?
"
Lurgee wrote:

Lighning Coil is a very strong chest when combined with the Purity of Lightning aura. The reason I don't wear one is that ultimately I wasn't able to overcome the -60 lightning res penalty in an appropriate way (with strong overcap for ele weakness maps). As of 1.2, I have mixed feelings about the chest, because running the purity will render you unable to use Herald of Ash.
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
Lurgee wrote:

Lighning Coil is a very strong chest when combined with the Purity of Lightning aura. The reason I don't wear one is that ultimately I wasn't able to overcome the -60 lightning res penalty in an appropriate way (with strong overcap for ele weakness maps). As of 1.2, I have mixed feelings about the chest, because running the purity will render you unable to use Herald of Ash.
Hatred, Ash, and Purity can be used together with a high level reduced mana. Some +mana gear would be very helpful for this.

What I've been doing is leveling a Lit purity in my weapon swap, and planning on picking up a Lightning Coil when I've got enough currency, and after Reduced Mana is leveled enough, swap those out.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
Hatred, Ash, and Purity can be used together with a high level reduced mana. Some +mana gear would be very helpful for this. [...]

While it is true that you can activate Hatred, HoA + Purity, doing so will leave you with ~80 mana. With 38 mana cost and an attack time of 0.19s this does simply not work out. Of course you can invest in -mana reservation nodes to counter this, but then it will be a complete different build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info