New upcoming unique.

Hilarious how everyone judges the boots as endgame when they are level 16...They are great pair of boots for leveling,you stack life like crazy anyway first 40 levels,the downside isn't that painful.
Last edited by AusterlitZ on Aug 13, 2014, 2:24:40 AM
Would be an amazing item in the races, if your lucky enough to get it.
With 80-100% increased movement speed I would understand the penalties but with 40%? Not worth it in the least considering you can get 30% without penalty (Atziri's Step, Sin Trek) and even up to 50% with little investment (Darkray Vectors).

If you have penalties like this, you need to offer a crazy bonus imo.
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)

Ah Soon my build will be complete, Excellent!
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Seems pretty fake to be honest. It gives a huge penalty for no real upside.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 13, 2014, 3:04:56 AM
Doesn't seem fake to me.

I'd like to hear about the design process and philosophy behind these boots. I strongly doubt there isn't something to them. As others have so callously noted, 1k isn't a small amount, so I'd like to believe there's method to this seeming madness.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

If go with this unique...55% speed up isnt bad...but considering that I would probably wont use it if i can use this axe already...

Matter in fact...this unique might be quite useful for my totem build...Now, we just see can we craft new mod on the unique (didnt follow up all the news lately so I'm not too sure can we craft new mod on unique yet.)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Aug 13, 2014, 3:40:27 AM
"
Broliciously wrote:
Not worth it in the least considering you can get 30% without penalty (Atziri's Step, Sin Trek) and even up to 50% with little investment (Darkray Vectors).

And another person who doesn't grasp the concept of LOW-LEVEL items.
Level requirements:
Atziri's Step: 69
Darkray Vectors: 65
Sin Trek: 62

Compared to these which have a level requirement of 16. That's almost 50 levels lower than the ones you mentioned AND you still get better movement speed on these.

Ok, while we're at it, how about rares?
Prefix Level Base Movement Velocity +%
Runner's 1 10
Sprinter's 15 15
Stallion's 30 20
Gazelle's 40 25
Cheetah's 55 30

Still nothing else matches these. They need SOMETHING to balance that out.

So yes, they may not be godly end-game items. They may not even be best in slot at lower levels for most builds. But I'm fairly sure that with the right build and at the appropriate range of levels, they WILL be extremely good. And isn't that exactly what most uniques are supposed to be?
Last edited by Hodari on Aug 13, 2014, 3:52:53 AM
"
But I'm fairly sure that with the right build and at the appropriate range of levels, they WILL be extremely good.

I'll go ahead and completely disagree. With their current iteration they are simply bad,even at level 16.

To compare them to other low level uniques.
Wanderlust: Level 1 unique that gives 20 movement and freeze immunity.
Shavronne's Pace: 35 movement on fulllife which is far easier to sustain compared to full ES.

Bonuses on fulllife can be sustained indefinitely by using CI and are pretty nice at low levels if you get some ES buffer. Full ES bonuses are not currently possible to maintain, assuming 0/0 ES does not equal full ES. You will often reach 0 movement when you need it most(during battle) and ES is slow to regen, especially at low levels.

In practice the boots will perform worse than a typical movement boot while offering a very severe penalty. It's nearing abyssus penalty which is the most glass cannon unique in the game.

No need to defend every unique. Well even veil of the night was defended I guess.. but not everything is hard to figure out. I'm going to hold the opinion that nothing with those stats is going to be released.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 13, 2014, 3:54:29 AM
"
TherosPherae wrote:

Now, I can't be entirely sure about this, since the "full" keyword has only been used with respect to Life up to this point, but if you take Eldritch Battery, that should give you the 40% movespeed bonus constantly, right?

Seeing as how 0/0 mana is considered full mana (does not trigger Infernal Mantle's penalty) it would be fairly safe to assume that running Eldritch Battery would treat you as full ES all the time (0/0).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info