[3.0]Facebreaker Cycloner REDUX - Voyage to 1M dps

"
ta3boo wrote:
"
My goal was to restore the glory of Facebreaker once more :o)

Shouldn't you use non-legacy items to do that? How does that count if you used what made it glorious in the past?

What are the numbers with 800% Facebreaker and 80% Saffell's Frame ? It would be more realistic.

I like the build, don't get offended but these builds with non-obtainable items in new leagues belong to the item-showcase forum rather than class forums.

Unless you put a
Spoiler
with it's effectiveness using the items obtainable now.

No offense taken whatsoever. You're partly right, mainly about the unobtainability of some items in new leagues but maybe I have to rephrase that sentence you quoted a bit. Nowadays I rarely see people playing Facebreaker anymore, legacy or non-legacy. My goal was to see how far I could go using this awesome item and to showcase my results here, maybe even convince some people to give the mighty Facebreaker a go once more. And like I said in the first post, you don't need perfect legacy Facebreakers or a 6 linked Carcass Jack to make this build effective and fun to play. Even with non-legacy Facebreaker and non-legacy BoR you can still easily get 25k+ dps which is more than enough to do 73+ maps and even Atziri.

I don't have a non-legacy Saffel's but I do have a 717% Facebreaker and I go down about 19k dps with it. So with close to perfect non-legacy Facebreaker you should still be able to reach 60k for only a fraction of the price of a legacy.

And besides, the standard league is still a big part of the game and legacy Facebreaker is still for sale in big numbers.

I'm still planning on making some sort of guide, maybe even splitting it up in two for rich standard players and poor league players but between work, a household and actually playing PoE there's not a lot of time to do so so it might take a little while.
IGN: Sciontics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
I had a level 90 Scion in standard with a free re-spec and some of this gear so I made a budget version and its working great.
While I was able to get a 5L Carcass Jack, I am using 777% Non-legacy Facebreakers, whatever jewelery that would cap my resists and gems that are way under-leveled.
My Cyclone is level 8, Conc Effect is level 4 and none of them have quality.
I have 5k life and do 25k dps, close to 30k when I pop my Atziri's Promise flask.
I'm clearing 75 and 76 maps fast and will try some 77 and 78s tomorrow.

Its working great for having 3 or 4 ex worth of gear total.

Edit for update-

I did some Rare 77 maps last night. I can run extra damage mods, double boss etc just not doing Ele reflect/ no regen since I have zero life leech on my jewelery. (Half regen is fine)

I have a ton of life regen just from having such a high HP pool but I still have to kite mobs sometimes if I take a lot of damage. Definitely need better Rings. Amulet etc.

Also tested BoR (non-legacy) versus 5L Carcass/ Abyssus. BoR had about 20k dps, so 5k less but had almost 2k more health.
Last edited by ShirosLullaby on Sep 12, 2014, 1:31:19 PM
"
ShirosLullaby wrote:
I had a level 90 Scion in standard with a free re-spec and some of this gear so I made a budget version and its working great.
While I was able to get a 5L Carcass Jack, I am using 777% Non-legacy Facebreakers, whatever jewelery that would cap my resists and gems that are way under-leveled.
My Cyclone is level 8, Conc Effect is level 4 and none of them have quality.
I have 5k life and do 25k dps, close to 30k when I pop my Atziri's Promise flask.
I'm clearing 75 and 76 maps fast and will try some 77 and 78s tomorrow.

Its working great for having 3 or 4 ex worth of gear total.

Edit for update-

I did some Rare 77 maps last night. I can run extra damage mods, double boss etc just not doing Ele reflect/ no regen since I have zero life leech on my jewelery. (Half regen is fine)

I have a ton of life regen just from having such a high HP pool but I still have to kite mobs sometimes if I take a lot of damage. Definitely need better Rings. Amulet etc.

Sounds like you're definately on the right path, awesome!

If you have enough regen you can run Bloodrage for leech and extra damage. I've managed to cap my resists now so I don't need Purity anymore and I'm now running Vitality and I have 382 regen. Combined with a 15/20% Bloodrage I have 9% life leech so I don't need it on my gear anymore.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394 - Facebreaker Cyclone REDUX
is there a cheap alternative to abyssus? something <10c? currently lvl 54 with 3.5k dmg :/
uhm im currently lvl 53
im playing this in beyond
wondering if i should get abyssus or not
and isnt vaal pact better?
I don't think there's a cheap alternative to Abyssus but to me 3,5k dps doesn't sound too bad at level 54. Once you hit level 65 or so and start doing low level maps you'll want to get your dps up to about 10k.

If you play Beyond I would most definately *not* reccommend using an Abyssus untill you have full block and at least 10k armour because of the increased physical damage you take when wearing it.

Oh, using Vaal Pact would pretty much break my build. No regen so no Blood Rage so no leech :P I've tried VP before but at the time 42k dps and 4% leech on my gear wasn't enough to benefit from the insta leech.

As I've said earlier I have capped my resists now so I've dropped Purity. I tried Vitality for a little while but it didn't have a huge impact at all so now I'm running Haste instead boosting my dps to 81k.
Last edited by DeChaoOrdo on Sep 13, 2014, 8:14:18 AM
hey thanks for your reply, what do you think about determination auro for beyond with abyssus?
ill get maxres from jewelery
and ill be taking moltenshell into cwdt
have to focus on survivability
Last edited by vententjsp on Sep 13, 2014, 2:21:01 PM
Hey remember me? i was the guy who asked you all those dumb questions about your cyclone build on reddit and i just wanted to let you know that after about 1 week im having a blast. this is by far the strongest build ive done yet and my dps is almost at 20k(5l carcass). right now im at lvl 73 and im having no problem whatsoever tanking through any enemy and my clear speed is ridiculous. so anyway i just wanted to thanks for the awesome build and if you want to add me and chill or give me old gear for the build that you dont need my IGN is "imyonny"(im on standard btw:)). PS: do you think that rainbowstride boots would be good? because i am unsure if they take away block chance from normal attacks or what..

PSS: thank you again you really did help a ton:)
I was able to get a 919% Legacy Facebreakers cheap and was able to get my DPS up to 35k (38k with Frenzy charges).
Now I need to work on getting a 6L and 20/20 gems.

Is there a reason to leave Blood Rage at a specific level? Dex requirement Im guessing.
Last edited by ShirosLullaby on Sep 13, 2014, 6:50:17 PM
"
vententjsp wrote:
hey thanks for your reply, what do you think about determination auro for beyond with abyssus?
ill get maxres from jewelery
and ill be taking moltenshell into cwdt
have to focus on survivability

Determination is a very good choice, especially on Beyond. Like you said, survivability should be your first priority. Having a decent cwdt setup is really important. I would try to run two setups, one with Enduring Cry and Enfeeble, one with Immortal Call, Molten Shell and Increased Duration.

@imyonny >> Awesome to read, I'm glad I could help out. Rainbowstride will give you a bit of spell block so if you can manage to keep your resists maxed then sure, they might help a bit. You will not lose any normal block, just gain the spell block.

@ShirosLullaby >> Nice! And yeah, the only reason for me not to level Bloodrage any further is the dex requirement. There are no downsides to levelling it to 20 if you have enough dex, with a 20/20 gem I believe you'll have 10% life leech instead of the 9% I have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info